No fun in bgs with op healers

Healers are spoiling the game in pvp. takes like 8 players to take down a healer and thats not including when a healer is healing a healer.

I have monitored healing done compared to damage done for a while now and its stupid how the numbers work out. last bg i did the alliance healer did 11million healing and the top dps only did 5.5 million damage.

If i was to solo a healer all bg the game would end before i killed him.
its the same in arena and dampening does not help much as a double dps team are dead before it kicks in.

bgs are no fun now as its all about who has the most healers. to make the game fun again either nerf the healers so it takes 2-3 people to bring it down or to restrict 1 healer per 10-15 man bg. (not the 3-5 you get now) or restrict it so healers can not heal other healers.

Rant over!!

PS seems to have posted this as a character i dont play anymore - my main is lvl 120

9 Likes

You never were supposed to be able to solo a healer though.

I will agree that the Vers stacking is getting somewhat out of hand. Doubt that they will do anything about it, at this late state of the expansion. Lets hope and pray that they will fix pvp in SL

4 Likes

So he did twice the dmg as healing and still you need 8 players to kill him? If you can count 2 is much less then 8. So in theory 2 non retarded dps can kill healer based on your numbers .

3 Likes

Got oneshot by a Warlock yesterday and my priest got 450k HP so All is fine.

2 Likes

Theres an easy fix. Just remove dps abilities from healers in pvp. After all, theyre supposed to heal, right?

7 Likes

No you didnt, cant remember the last time a warlock hit me for over 150k with a bolt and i play very little versatility.

1 Like

I get hit by 420k multiple times a day on warrior from chaos bolt.

You are not experiencing alot of things if you are playing 2-3 bgs a day.

1 Like

Lot of dps in bg’s doesn’t know what to do in general, so that’s not a good indicator of how strong or weak healing is.

So it would be like hitting a target dummy?

Perhaps you should go an hit some of the current target dummies instead of providing suggestions.

4 Likes

You found your problem.

7 Likes

I still havent heard any argument from you as to why healers should be able to dps. If it takes 2-3 dps to kill you, why do you need to dps? Its just an excuse to be OP.

2 Likes

It was so healer mains could stay healer spec while questing in open world. Pretty sure that’s the only real reason.

3 Likes

No fun in BGs with OP corruption oneshots.
Oh, wait, they’re gonna be lost very soon…
So what are we gonna do with bdk then? They have huge interruption toolkit and awesome selfheal (perhaps, the only thing they rely on).

The only thing I see a lot in bg — nobody touch healers. They stay aside, allowed to hardcast their Greater Heals. Two DPS who knows that they can kick casts can easily bring healer down.

1 Like

Eh gimme a zerk buff and salt water.

2 Likes

I thought me mentioning target dummies would explain itself how stupid your post were but I guess not.
All healers have always been able to deal damage. A spec that wouldn’t be able to deal damage wouldn’t be playable, anywhere, if it wouldn’t be able to deal any damage.
But sure, if healers shouldn’t be able to deal damage then dps shouldn’t be able to heal. No self healing, no out of combat regen, no eating, no means of moving that health bar up unless there’s a healer that’s willing to cast a spell.
Have fun.

If it takes 2-3 dps then they are plain bad. Add to it that the average dps in bg’s can’t peel which means a it would indeed be a solo healer vs 2-3 dps.
Against good dps you need help from your teammates, and most likely use your cd’s on top of it.

5 million in a bg is by the way really low damage, I was just in one on my mage where I did that amount of damage. I was mounted most of the time since there weren’t anything to do.
Yes, we won, and in one skirmish there were two priests healing each other. I sheeped one and the other one died. Big plays. Blizzcon next.

3 Likes

No no no no duuuude, don’t do it. Or the healer train will come thro you.

1 Like

Make it so I don’t have to farm M+ for a month for my DPS spec to be playable and I’ll stop playing healer in BGs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like a L2P issue to me

2 Likes

Look, i stopped this game a long time ago in cata for this very reason, healers were completely out of control. 8 years later nothing changed so don’t expect anything about that. the only way to get fun in bg is to roll a healer or a blessed class

2 Likes

What do you expect when the devs mentality is a ‘‘a backpeddling healer with 3 missing fingers playing on their phone should not die to a r1 best in world gladiator 1v1 because dps shouldnt kill healers’’

and 90% of the clowns agree with it because they cant see the grey area inbetween ‘‘1shot useless healers’’ and ‘‘godtier immortal shouldnt die even 2v1 healers’’

3 Likes

How could OP does less than 5M damage with 6 gushing on him ? what da duck.

If you nerf healer, any competent DPS will put them down in secondes and healer will be nearly useless, now go back to corner and think about what you ask .

2 Likes