No indication of which Wow account I have my characters on

I recently started playing TBC Classic, and when I was going pay my subscrition there was two accounts available, one (EU) and one Wow1(EU). As there was no apparant and obvious indication of which account was previously used I had to just pick one. In the beginning this was not a problem as I had never played TBC classic before therefore no characters were missing.

Today however I installed retail wow only to find out none of my characters were available. Attempting to write a ticket on the issue only to find out it is not possible in any way, shape, or form to merge the two accounts. One account with only TBC classic characters and one with only retail characters. And the suggested solution is getting a refund on the subscription of one account, then I will not have the TBC character which I have been leveling with my other friends.

I have seen other threads on the same issue where the suggestion is going through your previous payments and such. That seems very unnecessary and anti-consumer. As I do not even have any memories of creating another wow account within my Battle.net account.

So it seems like I will not be playing any retail because of little to none clarity on the Battle.net client.

You can log into any Warcraft account in your battle.net without paying for it on retail, you just cannot play characters above level 20. If you chose the wrong one for TBC there isn’t much you or Blizzard can do.

You cannot merge Warcraft accounts on your battle.net and Blizzard will not move characters free of charge between Warcraft accounts.

Seems like you aren’t far into TBC so I would recommend starting again on the account your retail characters are on. You can send any stuff you have that’s not character bound, gold etc, to either a holding character if you want the same name or directly to a new character on the same realm and faction.

2 Likes

I should really add that you are on a medium population realm, this may not be a good choice either, unless you have friends there.

For a PvP realm I would recommend Firemaw and Pyrewood Village or Mirage Raceway for PvE Alliance.