No more factions

The old leveling needs to be revamped anyway because Cataclysm quests are twice as old now as the Vanilla quests were when Cataclysm revamped them, so why not take the opportunity to remove the faction-specific stuff while we’re at it?

I hope not… maybe they could introduce a 3rd neutral faction for ppl who never wanna fight.
But… no factions? Would be a disgrace lore speaking. And gameplay too.

1 Like

No more factions mean no more World of WARcraft

2 Likes

We can still have war against other stuff you know. IF alliance and horde would be combined (which is just a rumours and speculations this moment) it wouldn’t mean there wouldn’t be other factions (npc or player factions) to be in war with nor it wouldn’t mean everyone would love eachothers and just pick flowers together.

Until I hear it from Blizz I’m ignoring the speculation. I’m really not keen on merging the factions but we will see what happens.

1 Like

No more factions would be nice.
And at this point in the story, it would actually work. Everybody is tired of fighting eachother when there are so many more dangerous threats out there.
As for Battlegrounds, just throw everyone into one giant pool, rename it to “Wargames”.

1 Like

au contraire im tired to fight the big bad. I wanna slaughter horde\alliance. I wanna uc back (for both factions)

I thought the plot of the war campaign was that it was the war to end the faction wars.
There is peace now and I don’t see that changing at all.

Horde vs Alliance is old.
Like 25 years old.

A lot of people are done with it.

1 Like

They should really shake things up a bit in any way possible.
Even the languages are now seem comical, when I can’t talk common, but have no problem talking to and understanding alliance npcs.

1 Like

Indeed… And for someone who interacts with people from all over as our characters do, it seems silly to not learn Common/Orcish as those are the two most common languages.

A ‘Blue and red team’ kind of setup instead of horde vs alliance.

And add free for all zones, ooh it gonna be fun.

1 Like

It doesn’t really need a rename but we can still be randomly assigned to the red team or blue team.

We have been allied before, without having to be one faction.

I’m not convinced we are suddenly going to become the Horliance although that has felt like we were part of the Alliance thanks to Saurfang and Co. Despite that I’m still Horde and there is still the Alliance.

1 Like

Said before in another thread but I like theorycrafting on this so I’ll share my idea here too…

If they were to do away with factions, I don’t think the game would need a massive shift from what it is currently.
Alliance will still be Alliance, Horde will be Horde. Capital cities will be neutral to opposite faction, but obviously you can’t get quests etc from it. There will be the occasional guard with the emote '/spit “filthy alliance dog, the warchief should have never allowed your kind in here!”

Quest zones will be unchanged, same as levelling experience… most new zones now have neutral quests, I quite often find myself behind an Alliance player doing the same quests as me whilst levelling.

Battlegrounds and PvP in general will be unchanged, Horde v Alliance will still exist but they’ll probably be rebranded as ‘friendly skirmish’ or something.

I can’t see cross faction guilds happening either. I think the only major change will be that you can invite an opposing faction player, communicate with them and trade with them.

I guess we’d get a travel overhaul and many more flightpaths

Most retarded and braindead thing that will ever happen to this game is the faction removal.

2 Likes

I don’t forsee faction removal. It’s central to pvp (and pvp would make no sense if we are officially allied) and the warcraft franchise.

What I see is a system in 9.0 where you have your toon “swap factions”. The factions will exist, but in a state of cold War esque uneasy peace, so pvp still happens when tempers boil over over resources, but the idea of a human deciding to work with the Horde isn’t nearly as anathema as it was in say bfa or mop.

This way you’d make both camps happy. Limit it to a certain no of chars per account. So say of your 50 max, you can have 6 turncoat to keep it so alliance doesn’t become blood elf central, and horde doesn’t become human craft. It will have the side effect of servicing high elf fans as they’ll finally get to play their alliance aligned thalassian and rp them as a high elf (if they quibble over the race tag and eyes then god help us)

as I said in this post I all for 1 faction my self. problem for me is having 2 factions.

1. it causes imbalance, this is due to humans work, the majority wants to win, and swap factions due to this, this has been an struggle in wow ever since launch, and has shifted from one to the other, for the moment it is horde.

2. population in general, due to faction imbalance and less players in general now, makes factions even more mute, due to the fact more and more people are transfering to servers whit high population, what contributes to even more imbalance in the long run.

pros in 1 faction and at same time server merges, would be way higher pool of players to play whit what would benefit everyone, could is cause problems offcourse it would becuse unfortunately there would be those who in no way could join a group whit an orc or a human who then would have to loudly tell the other one why, but we have ignore and reports for that.
pvp could become intresting, depending on how they do, if everyone fights everyone, there would again become flames wars quite fast, but I do think in the long run things would become better.

I know people say the game is call world of warcraft, but warcraft doesnt realy meen a constant war, but more or less you have the power to wage war if so needed to be.

Factions cannot get removed. At least not this expansion that’s for sure. They can enable crossfaction raiding this expansion, that is the most extreme flexibility they can offer for now.

1 Like

Game Masters have an option to go neutral and complete any quest regardless of the faction of their character.

It’s already implemented in the game, it’s not an issue.