No Offence Blizzard But

Your customer service has gone STRAIGHT down the pan lmao. Budget cuts I guess?

36 Likes

costumers are also gone straight down the pan so its a win win situation.

11 Likes

4 Likes

Blizz customer support in a nutshell “haz u triied wowhead?”

Also to the first reply, its “customers”. While we’re at it “rouge” is a type of makeup, “looser” is what my pants aren’t after the pandemic and my spelling is aweful too!

7 Likes

These days when I want to open a ticket I end up giving up because I cba to navigate the awful UI.

8 Likes

God damn right.
The “new” in-game UI they have for the support section is sooooooooooo bad.

As for the quality of support (when you finally get to it), I still think Blizz has better support than most companies out there. Especially video game companies.

But there has definitely been a trend of GM’s basically telling you to “lol google it?” which is unacceptable. I sympathize with them because I’ve seen hundreds of these threads where the ticket in question really is a waste of everyones time, but at the end of the day they’re paid to answer each ticket individually.

3 Likes

I know I’m quite cynical… but there is a very high chance it is designed like that.
Helps cutting down the support tickets.

The thought behind it: if you make it too easy you get a lot of tickets that are just wasting time. As in: things that could be easily in a FAQ or google search.

It’s not cynical, Blizzard have actually said thats exactly why its designed like it is.

They were getting too many tickets about things GM’s aren’t allowed to help with or actually just can’t help with, but those tickets still had to be documented and closed appropriately, eating into a GM’s time when they could be helping players that they actually could help.

So now the UI will only route you to a GM, if its something a GM is allowed to help with and can help with.

3 Likes

I would guess you can’t make a ticket as it’s something they can’t help with.

1 Like

Thank you for your assumption, but you’d be incorrect. It’s more about incompetent GM’s who speak broken English, and don’t understand basic WoW knowledge.

Let’s hire GMs for in game problems that their players know 500x more about the game that they have to tell them how to do their job. Comedic really. Oh and the first ticket was a copy and pasta.

I think you want something the GM can’t give, I doubt they speak broken English, they never have to me.

You have to realise, the GMs can’t know everything, they do not design the game and have lists of thinks they can and can’t do, and I think you want something they cannot do. The things they can do have changed over time, so you may have gotten it in the past but they don’t do it now.

If they didn’t understand I don’t think that’s on them, you need to reopen the ticket and be succinct and very clear. You could always ask for it to be escalated.

I’m actually interested to know what it’s about now.

3 Likes

Some actually do… very much so even… not that it bothers me but I had one of these 2 months ago and it took me some double reading to understand.

2 Likes

Most tickets are going to be copy and paste jobs, its the nature of any customer service type job that has a messaging system.

Sometimes it totally misses the point but that’s often because those who are doing the messaging are often looking for keywords to match a reply to due to the performance targets that they get given by their employer. No doubt Activision Blizzard will have this mentality with their staff like many other companies in most sectors do.

2 Likes

I know. I can’t get a good costume anywhere these days.

1 Like

What Customer Service are you talking about they fired most of their employees and you get an automated answer most of the time lol

5 Likes

And theres still people here defending them. They will always have their pilot fish.

1 Like

I think its really gotten bad when they have closed down most of their csr centers. I suspect these jobs are probably outsourced to a 3rd party company that is probably hiring anyone and for as cheaply as possible.

The result is that you get csrs who stick to the script and if any question is not part of the script, the “google it” solution comes into play.

3 Likes

I’ve always been replied by the Italian customer service even when I play on English servers, both quickly and efficiently, resulting in my characters force-moved or quest skipped if I got stuck somewhere. Never had bad experiences so far, even a couple of times when I was a bit angry and I’ve probably been a bit rude with my reports, they always replied gently to me.

Maybe it’s the Italian section, but no one ever told me to Google my problem, that’s strange. What happened anyway?

Edit: I’m Italian, of course, I was saying that because apparently they know it and reply me in Italian despite my tickets always being written in English

Most likely the reason.

All of my ingame problems last 3-5 years or so have been just “sorry we cant help, but you may find some luck in wowhead!”. :expressionless:

Considering WoW has thousands (maybe even a mil) players worldwide, the fact that I can open a ticket and have an answer within the day is a huge step up, in comparison to other games I’ve tried.

Now, the quality of said replies can differ. Simple issues like “quest is bug”, “item no drop” or similar are easily fixed with a few words. However, with more intricate and sensitive issues like reporting player for harassment, unless it’s straight up racism or death threats, they tend to wave you off. I was waved off yesterday when I tried to defend my rights as a paying customer, which sucked, considering the person in question who’s been harassing me is still at large.

It just goes to show that there are a lot of aspects to this customer service and it depends both on the issue and on the employee. Sometimes, the issue is too big for a single individual to handle.

1 Like