No one does dungeons anymore when you level, everyone just boosts

I postponed levelling in Classic. I did some in December but now I returned to finish my character.
All I see is people selling boosts, my realm isn’t dead. I play on Razorgore EU and still see lots of people hanging in Stormwind.

I tried to look at other realms but it’s the same stuff there.
I see lots of people levelling in the first few zones but then everyone just goes directly back to boosting to reach level 60 as soon as possible.

I am actually enjoying Classic. It’s a very immersive game and it’s sad to see how many players just boost until 60 and then raidlog in a very shallow meta.

It’s like I’m playing Skyrim on easy mode and defeat Alduin with an iron dagger…

Can anyone name me some realms where levelling and boosting isn’t relevant?

4 Likes

Hydrax has very little boosters advertised but dunno on dungeons.

Ok. Today I’ve done Mara at 44 with my lock- the whole instance. I did ZF twice as well with with one decent group and one very vanillaesque group if you know what I’m saying. I see constantly players looking for Uldaman BFD and even SFK as Alliance. The other day I got Verigan’s fist in a couple of hours on my 22 pally.

4 Likes

The only people who really enjoyed classic are those who started asap and did all the content when it was fresh. Nowdays there is almost no reason to start unless you make an alt.

3 Likes

Instead of waiting in chat channels, find group members the old fashioned way.

/who lvl35-30
/w lvl38 priest “hey, wanna heal scarlet monestary?”

8 Likes

Im levelling a dwarf hunter on Hydrax, but in 40 levels I only did 1 dungeon, because it’s just not worth the time. The time spent running to it and finding a group is the timd I could be doing quests, so I just do quests instead.

3 Likes

I just started playing a casual priest alt on ZT alliance and upon entering westfall I was practically assaulted by normal DM groups forming. There was a booster advertising too, but over an hour of getting quests, slaughering harvest golems and collecting boar offal, I have seen no less than 3 level-appropriate groups forming. Might be harder to get unpopular ones like Gnomer, Uldy or ST, but I’m guessing some groups do form in prime time.

I agree. But on most of the servers it is possible to find normal groups. It’s just that boosters advertise more consistently.

I heard on PvE servers boosting is less of an issue.

Yeah Classic is pay to win now. Buy gold, buy boost, hit 60 buy even more gold, raid for 2months quit and wait for new phase, buy more gold raid and repeat.

6 Likes

I’m still playing, levelling and enjoying the contents. But I do not run diungeons, so I cannot tell you if anybody’s doing it at my realms. I play on all RP or Normal realms :wink: But mostly at Hydraxian Waterlords, as that is the realm with the lower population (NOT Low. Only medium. As low pop non-PvP realms do not exist.)

I got 60 shortly after launch but due to work stopped playing for months, over last month I’ve levelled 2 40ish characters on Hydraxian Waterlords, still enjoying the game. Don’t understand why people boost as 60% of the fun is leveling, lot less dungeon runs as there used to be but I’m still able to find a few runs a day as any role. Still see the odd boosters but I’d say it’s pretty minimal.

2 Likes

1-60 in vanilla is for the few who enjoy Korean grind games … If 1-60 was fun for many, you would see more doing it!

4 Likes

Even on lvl 60 is difficult to find people for Raid quests like “Battle of Darowshire”

1 Like

while i agree mechanics can be sometimes dull, i work a lot on professions and it feels very satisfying, and the quests are so engaging story wise. Some make me laugh, cry or get enraged! And even though the traveling is an annoycance, it makes me feel like a true adventurer. Halt in big cities feel like it, replenish food, craft time and put in the ah and hope it’ll sell cuz i can’t stay in front of it to keep undercuting people etc…

i feel like an adventurer! So i think its a grind but not a mindless one if you catch my drift. But that also requires to take it in a certain way i guess.

4 Likes

Well duh, you can heal. Dps aren’t nearly as desired/rare as tank/healer.

I do hope to god for TBC announcent soon if p6 is short. I feel p6 will be same as p5

Feb 2021 … Virtual Blizzcon …

Enjoyed it in 2005. Tried again last year, just couldnt.

You clearly never played a Korean grind MMO if you think classic wow leveling is the same.

Tbh if you asked me to replay Classic again WITHIN the next 15 years I’d tell you to you-know-what lol. I like making alts, don’t get me wrong, but to start on a fresh server and get him all the way to 60 again then do pre-raid bis then do Ony, MC, BWL, ZG, AQ20, AQ40 all over again; no way. It’s awesome I’ve experienced it fully as I didn’t fully experience it back in 04, but it’s definitely time (after Naxx) to move onto TBC.

Classic has been incredible and it will always beat any expansion from a gameplay/story/overall-feel standpoint (imo), but inevitably the PvE content does get boring and you do just need fresh content which comes in the form of TBC. Classic+ would have been amazing with the ORIGINAL WoW dev team, but the WoW dev team now has changed so much that the same vision for the game just wouldn’t be there (hence Retail).

Big respects to yourself and others like you who (I presume) cleared most of the raiding content or at least some of it and came back to give it a try. Can totally see why you wouldn’t want to do it all again if you’ve already completed the content. It’s just one of those things you experience and then you move on to the next thing, whether that’s Retail or TBC Classic.

2 Likes