No-RDF is about socializing, among other things

To which I pointed out that said population and activity as far as I could get data, (census project is darn spotty when there’s not enough people gathering and submitting it) do not exactly provide an actual upgrade over Nethergarde Keep as their population within leveling zones is insignificant.

Ironforge.pro have data on active raiding characters.
If you want to asume there is no one leveling that is fine but you have nothing to back it up with to claim it is true.

Which is higly inflated data, as you can see if you open Gehennas data.

And Census Project has data about characters active during the plugins scan sessions including their level class and race as it uses very extensive “whois” searches.

Also… Raiding characters imply… Characters at max level right?

It is not though. For every alt char there is raids going with no logs happening. So it evens out i would asume.

I have never seen any of these scans doing anything usefull. They go in like 7pm do a scan and then leave again. It says nothing about a server.

Neither do raiding logs Nikky because the only group raiding are level 80 characters. Also 7pm if you ask me is prime time so if there were players online they would be at that time. Also it might surprise you but I do have my own database from those scans on Nethergarde Keep and it pretty much matches the profile so I have little doubt that should I log on other realms I’d get much different results.

I mean, every pug I have ever joined, even most 10 mans were logged.

It is primetime one day and a few minutes. It does not look at the whole picture.

If you scan a mall at 2pm a tuesday you will get a different result than if you do it on a Saturday for example.

Most pugs i ever joined did not log.

Neither does Ironforge, which only really accounts for the number of unique characters in logs or pvp. It says absolutely nothing about the 1-79 range. That’s not even accounting for the fact that wrath was built around an expected server population of roughly 3000 total.

But then we’d have to admit that RDF was added, for a damn reason and the issues it sought to address are still there. :upside_down_face:

The addon works automatically whenever you log in and then repeat it every 30 minutes unless you change the settings. It doesn’t require maintenance other than actually sending the data once you log out.

1 Like

It says a lot more. It is far from perfect but it gives a wider view on the population.

yes RDF was according to you added because of the low populations back then. We dont have that today except ona select few realms.

How does it give wider view if all that exists for Ironforge are max level players?

It’s useful to gauge the endgame population, which is likely to be the bulk of your playtime, unless you’re one of those perpetual levellers.

RDF also incentivises people to play dungeons while levelling instead of just following some random addon while watching netflix or smth.

Also helps people on smaller/dead servers.

Imagine a new player, he can’t start on a big server cause they are locked, and smaller servers are just dead. Just repetative questing is more than enough reason for most people to quit. Dungeons break the monotony, if you menage to get a group for it tho.

1 Like

And even if they open those servers by now their population that’s still there likely is entirely composed of Northrend Dwellers.

1 Like

Yep.

Yet people here claim they care about community and social aspect.

But will do everything to gatekeep new players from coming.

2 Likes

Earthshaker is locked for transfers and has been for like a month and a half despite never having a queue.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/transfer-restrictions-and-free-character-transfers-now-available-updated-21-october/379506/1163

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.