No tanks on alliance side :(

hi guys,

I just came back fresh to the game after playing some classic.

I this time went alliance and its my first time.

Im stuck in raids who are missing tank for 1 hour then we disbann.

I cant push my key above 11 since no tank sign up for 30 minutes.

Would some kind soul who play tank want to push 15 on alliance today please whisper me on:

Vicií-Ravencrest

I had high rio and mythic raider in my previous bfa experience and would like to get 15 before tomorrow. I dont know if all expereience this on the alliance side, but kinda want me to go back horde again, I felt it was a lot more people who applied there.

Thanks

xo female gamer

1 Like

Its the same for both factions.

Tanks have too many responsibilities, too low damage in open world content, are mostly useless in PvP and overall~ NOT FUN.

Its like Bruiser vs Full Tank. People would like to play Bruiser that can survive while doing damage but not Full Tank/Support that exist to peel for teammates while being walking dummy~

7 Likes

I find it quite shocking that dps classes, usually elf dhs, causes problems and blames the tank.

A … dps doing mistakes and blaming a tank should be permanently banned from ever doing dungeons again.

A DPS!

1 Like

That issue had been here since they introduced the m+, but yeah mostly DHs that are toxic more than any other dps, blizz made them so overturned they think they know everything in the universe, they even saw more futures than Dr.Strange

Absolutely the opposite of a rewarding experience to tank in this game. At one point years ago not so bad but these days just not worth the time to PUG.

Too many toxic people, too much hate and negativity all round and no real way for them to be punished.

I stopped tanking completely in the middle of Legion, save for guild groups of course which more than satisfies me.

3 Likes

I fully agree with this
Why anyone would tank PuGs if they don’t need too (because friends/guilds/community) is beyond me

Still a full-time tank, but as you also exclusively for guildies

1 Like

U wanna finish your weekly 15 few hours before reset, those runs are always with a lot of problems. Also there is trouble finding them only horde side too at those times so its not aliance problem only.

Like, u think someone will helo you just because u are a girl? (maybe) ofc therr are desperate people like that, but it just shows how desperate you are too which is even bigger reason why i wouldnt join

12 Likes

Nigh impossible to make a mythic+ group unless you know a tank personally. I’ve stopped making groups for my keystone if I cant get a tank from my guild to join, its just not worth it to search for over an hour for a tank and one hour in many cases is not even enough.

I’d like to see an option to have a tank that works like a pet for a mythic + group, where a healer/dps also controls the tank.

1 Like

It is unrewarding for a tank, most DPS in PUGs are fools with no chill.
Good DPS actually make a world of difference in mythics too, most are not good.

This is why people use rio, still not a perfect system however.

1 Like

if they made tanks actually fun to play, people would play them. I was looking for a tank to start and guess what? most of them feels like a support, walking punching bag. I come from new player perspective and I give this feedback as first impression you can get from each class and i tell you that I thought paladins were cool but they are not! their most coolest looking skill Blade of Justice Is retribution ONLY and all you get as paladin prot is a bunch of buffs to protect yourself for damage and parties, 2 or 3 LAMEST damage mechanics, and its not like you gonna kill anything in an hour time frame with it, so don’t get too excited for that. Druid guardian I love druids But DAMN guardian is boring as hell, i praise every guardian player out there making the bear look really worth for the boring mechanic, it’s basically like arcane mage mechanic but without the damage and A LOT of buff skills so by the time you die or kill anything shadowlands is already out. DK and DH tank versions are the ones that i find ok with different style enough.

3 Likes

For off-spec’ing it certainly doesn’t help that Azerite Gear is locked to what you choose overall instead of switching with Spec, and similarly the essence grind.

6 Likes

I tried tanking a bit at some point. Most of my feelings during dungeons was repeated sighs as I watched dps to fudge up things for me again and again even if I did not say anything about it. Saying anything would cause the dps to enrage and that would make things worse.

3 Likes

Also, as tank, the incentive to join someone elses group is not that great. You or your friends prob have a high key (if you can handle that level anyways), may as well form a group yourself. Then at least you can control who comes with.

The amount of times I joined a group as tank and the leader clearly had no idea what to invite is too damn high.

As long as a tank is in the group…everyone will queue up anyways. Then you can be much more picky too :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Does this actually work?
Cause if so…

Someone help me

Xo
Male gamer

14 Likes

What do you need help with, fellow male gamer?

Huehue

8 Likes

I figured we’d make a group of 5 fellow male tanks and just send screens in this thread to annoy people :smiley:

7 Likes

I would love that :smiley:

2 Likes

This.

I remember that tanking was a pure joy in WLK (warrior). I could play prot for raids, world content and pvp. That was gutted with Cataclysm; as a protection warrior your damage output was severly hampered unless you actively took damage, so people would just ignore you in pvp and world content got really slow and boring. That’s when I embraced the dual-spec completely, playing tank for raids and arms for literally any other content.

Then I stopped raiding for a while and once I got back into it I didn’t really feel like tanking. So I played arms exclusively; and since then I’ve not mained a tank or healer in World of Warcraft.

1 Like

what, ultimately, drove me off from tanking was the rudeness of people.
Between the “go go” crowd, the ninja pullers, the constant blame, the expectation from me to know the instance inside out. lead the group (but not give orders to the paragons of game play running about like headless chickens) and all the other crap i had to take, it just wasn’t fun anymore.
i’m still blood, still sometimes go in to tank things. but almost exclusively for a friend or a group i know. pugging, no thanks.

10 Likes

Ninja pullers is easy…
If guy tries to pull you don’t tank, if they say something you answer: ‘‘Buddy You pull you tank’’
They won’t ever try to ninja pull on you ever.

1 Like