No Tokens in Era please

Title says it all.

Not stoked these days about the rampant gold buying and over the top toxicity (by some community members) that has crept in in what was a super enjoyable gaming experience.

Still, Era remains Vanilla as promised, and this is the reason why the servers are where they are today.

If the medium term strategy is to let the gold buying run rampant to come with a magical solution in form of a token, then this is going against the core no changes promised to Vanilla, and most specifically, Era players.

This is a personal red line. I still see myself as a customer. The moment I feel treated like a potential dopamine addict, I am gone, zero hesitation.

31 Likes

yup agreed. I think I don’t need to explain why, there are enough token discussions back from 2019/2020 classic vanilla.

5 Likes

The wrath token will make some players quit blizzard altogether. It will make some go back to era. Eventually the bots, gdkp, rmt will return to era too and then blizzard will bring the wow token too.
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by blizzzard.
Cancelling sub today and will move on to other games.
It was fun while it lasted

7 Likes

They are here already :frowning:

1 Like

If they do than I am done with WoW.

Classics original vision was to keep the game as close to vanilla as possible. Some would argue they have already straid too far away already with the world buff change etc…

The token was never in Vanilla so shouldnt be in Classic.

5 Likes

They will add it as a hidden feature alongside character clone restoration (EUR 50) :smiley:

The token was never in WOTLK and here he is now.

3 Likes

If Blizz make WOW TOKEN they make for gold? Whats next? PvP token?? Buy rank 14 only 3€ then why do I even PvP? Every1 included in a GDKP ever!!! Should just banned bye bye

They never introduced any kind of token to buy pvp rank and i don’t think they ever do that, they are greedy but not to do plays like that, and the wow token, from what i have researched, has been in WoW for years, I’m actually impressed that took them this long to implement it in Wrath.

One thing that i fin really ironic is that since the wow token was added to WOTLK all of sudden “everyone” forgot the bot issue.

”They never did” but then they never did no changes to wow and its just now full of changes???

1 Like

Depends on what changes you mean.
I never played Vanilla/Era before so this is my first experience with it so i will enjoy it.
As for tokens i find it disappointing that a company like Blizzard have to add a token that we know most people will trade for gold in a MMORPG, i noticed other games that have a very similar system like Runescape, so i guess this isn’t something new, do i support it? No but I’m a very tiny drop in the middle of millions of players here and i bet that a big part of players, last night (for us in EU) in NA has bought tokens as soon as they were available.

It is what it is, i hope it doesn’t come to Era but even if it does i will not stop playing the game that i like.

2 Likes

You might think twice about playing your favorite game if you see most players equipping expensive or hard to get gear that would otherwise require hours of grinding/dedication to obtain.

2 Likes

Or u could just have a back bone and not be sad pll have better gear its more challenge for u and u rly play this game for it to be easy?

1 Like

So, you’re basically saying it’s challenging for some to do the grind, so they should instead use their credit cards to progress. And the rest of the people who actually play the game BECAUSE it’s challenging, should just swallow it and move on.
I wish you could buy brain cells with your money as well, might help you come up with better ideas. Wouldn’t count it on though.

2 Likes

I dont have so much money coudnt buy a new laptop for 2 years but my wow skills are the same and gonna be better. care about ur own skills and dont blame others

No, I said no tokens in ERA!

2 Likes

They should add it to HC realms they are making snd when you die it broadcasts also how much money you just wasted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One thing I not understand here. How will more G increase number of item drops? you still need grind for as many hours with 1 zillon G as without them … or how this works?

Ppl cry cuz they think they gonna not invited to raids and they gonna blame the money in the bag and not skills on molten core bosses. LOL

I am stating a fact mate. If tokens are introduced I am gone.

If you are to stay, you do you.

All the correlations you are making as to why I would be gone make zero sense though. We have read them, all good by now.

2 Likes