Not excited about Shadowlands

I’ve looked forward to each new expansion since I started playing in wrath, but this time it is different. I just want to play BG’s and arenas, that was always my interest, and I don’t want any of the expansion features cluttering my class. Torghast and Covenants is just more mandatory PVE content and I have a bad feeling PVE will ruin PVP yet again. Why do you do this Blizzard?

Is anybody feeling the same?

3 Likes

You need a pvp game this is an mmorpg

Yes, its a way for Blizz to keep you logged longer.
For some reason they went soft on it during Legion, to test the waters and in BFA went balls deep.

You know what? I think it worked because at the end of the day players were even more time online trying to get all this new crap and farming islands, they were complaining, not that do anything, its Blizzard after all, but players still played the game 24/7. Funny aint it?

Blizzard is following what many other game companies are doing for quite a while now, preying on player psychology, for example:
The weekly chest, dont you get all excited thinking about it? Doesnt matter how busy your day is on wensday, you will find a way to log on and open that chest.

Its gambling, its predatory, its abusive.

But they went through loop holes to be seen otherwise.
The weekly chest is an example, there are more and Blizzzard is not the only one doing this by no means.

Of note, they shifted into this system right after the huge decline of the players base (right after WOD release). They stopped releasing subcriber numbers for a reason, every subscription game does this if they are in massive decline.

Nerdslayer studios does case studies about this, feel free to check him on YouTube.

To finish this ranting, im pretty sure Blizz has been testing the waters as well to turn the game into a more “mobile gameplay” version. They are being careful about it, since westners are very diferent than asians, but MMOs in Asia are littered with cash shop crap and players devoure everything place on them.

Companies like Korean NCsoft have made billions off this.
Blizzard will be no diferent.

To FINALLY finalize, WoW will become more “mobile game” than anything, with daily/weekly chores to keep you busy or you fall behind while adding more crap at ridiculous prices (apperantly €15 for GENDER change is acceptable because, believe it not, it sells like hot cakes). Soon you will see entire sets, certainly even weapon enchants/effects.

Nothing will change, it will just get worse.

TL;DR Enjoy your Asian game.

1 Like

But wow is a pvp game

Idk, i stopped a lot stuff. Don’t do raids, coz its 1) too long 2) Melee unfrinedly mechanics, where they took bunch of casters and DH/War for buffs. Stopped M+ coz its all about META - everyone need rogue/DH/Fmage/BM or Awar, coz its much easier to finish 20+. Don’t do any RBG - i can’t spent 1-2 hrs for 1-2 games, where 1 lost game so frustrating for the players that they starting to rage, blaming and insta exit. Don’t do any arena, coz i don’t like deathmatch system, for me its died in early 2000-sh. I hope SL will bring something good for all aspects PvP and PvE. If not well, there is a lot of other games.

Leave the feelings aside and let us see what its coming, then we will have actual things to talk about and not pre-whine because we feel like whining.

No it’s not. Wow is a pve game first with pvp on the side it always has been and always will be. Stop kidding yourself. Enjoy wow pvp for what it is and give constructive feedback to make sure it’s the best it can be at any given point but do not kid yourself that this is a true pvp game as it is not and never will be

I think Covenants will play a large role, but from what I’ve heard Torghast will be optional content. Covenants also sound a lot more alt friendly than the current azerite/corruption system, so if that’s true, I’m really looking forward to SL.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.