Not saying the F word

DO NOT SAY W word i feel offended by ti same as N word is for some reason bannable idk people nowdays are sensible snowflakes it is like from

https : //www .imdb.com/title/tt0106697/

DEMOLITION man with Silvester Stalone and Sandra Bullock never EVER I N MY LIFE I HAVE THOUGHT that could have become reality nowdays.

Disgusting age we live in full of sensible crybabies snowflake SJW mindless hater etc just /puke.

I AM WHITE fight me instead of some other cultures/religions/people color etc i do not FEEL SHAME FOR BEING WHITE SO WHITE WORD!

1 Like

You saying f- in front of a class of kids is likely not okay.

Excuse me i say F in front of 4 years old kiddos playing game for 12+
Excuse me kiddo i hope i did not offend your feelings,
I am offended by what have you wrote,you have hurt my feelings perhaps i should contact my psychologist you have caused to me huge mental trauma i /cry.

you are right. i had forgot about that, and such a great film about a potential future (aspects of which we are rapidly adopting!) it is almost exactly like that. profanity isnā€™t clever, and it actually shows a lack of intelligence if every 2nd or 3rd word is profanity.

BUT using profanity occasionally and to emphasize something, there is nothing wrong with that.

Not hurtful but why type it in the first place what is wrong with being polite around others?
If you die in-game say the f word to yourself irl why type it to random people you donā€™t know?
Especially when classic is trying build a nice community.

1 Like

What is difference in saying black africo american instead of N word when they mean same thing like exactly literall translate.
Perhaps someone feels shame for his/her own race and feel ASHAMED for who they are.
I am proud SLAV i do not feel ā€œoffendedā€ like some other races/people with different color for being who i am this whole ā€¦
Nowdays is just DEMOLITION MAN 2019 in reality really ā€¦ when people feel offended for being member of certain race/religion even when X race or Y religon was not attacked/insulted nothing just feeling ashamed for who they are.

in game yeah. why go through the effort of typing? its not like profanity just slips out of your mouth when you bump your toe or something beyond your control. or you see someone drive past when you are at a zebra crossing and you call them a c just because what they did was dangerous and thoughtless.

going through the extra effort of typing such a thing is a bit ott.

1 Like

Use the profanity filter.
Itā€™s why itā€™s there.

4 Likes

I think this is the core of what happened here.

A LOT of grownups play classic, a LOT of grownups are does not wanna spend their time listening/reading foulmouth language. Not because the words are hurtful, but maybe because they just can not be bothered by bad-mannered teens :stuck_out_tongue: and use any of their time on mad teens eitherā€¦ just a guess.

Also you have to take into consideration that the weight of the words might differ depending on where you are from, and where/when you grew up.
In Denmark for one, cursing and swearing and certain phrases, are widely used and not considered to be anything but a part of expression.

In other countries thereā€™s some real bad weight behind the words, and the impact of them is quite different and way more harsh. And this is why you cannot come and say that ā€œthis is normalā€, because while it might be to you, it might not be to others.

With that said, thatā€™s also the reason why the mature Language Filter is in the game. Imo if people donā€™t wanna see the bad words, use the filter.
But again, Classic community is different, and you just have to accept that or go back to Retail if you canā€™t :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah yes.
ā€œFlavouring.ā€

Snowflake is a racist term. It was first used to insult darker skinned people and to imply that they were trying to be like lighter skinned people.

Recently the British army ran an advertising campaign using this word and it caused a big controversy. The advertisements were banned and it caused soldiers to quit as they had been featured in those adverts.

Other than that, I only ever see the word used by people who have a far-right political viewpoint. So what does that imply?

Yes I know that the word ā€œSnowflakeā€ was used in the movie Fight Club ā€œwe are not beautiful or unique snowflakes, we are the same decaying organic matter as everything elseā€, the word then got pushed back into common use as a term supposedly for light hearted people, by the satire seeking forum lovers and users of 4chan (a vehemently right-wing forum)ā€¦

But even in that usage it is a derogatory and inflammatory term, which undermines anyone who may feel offended by something. Thereby rendering them afraid to speak up against the offence they may feel - for fear of being branded as a ā€œsnowflakeā€.

Other than the belittling aspect of the word, if you call me a snowflake, since I am light skinned, I might think you are being racist against me for having light skin. Why? well Lets describe an actual snowflakeā€¦ Small, White, Cold.

Will people (Bigots) stop using this word? It actually IS offensive, in a way which makes people afraid to say that they are offended.

Whatā€™s wrong with Fudge? They taste nice.

1 Like

Saying F or N or any letter followed by -word
Is just a excuse for saying it for real
Even worse your putting that word in our heads, making us say them.

Eigher donā€™t use the real word or educate yourself and expand your vocabulary

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.