Ny'Alotha HC: Is there more loot with 30 raiders?

Hi, I am having a debate with a friend.

If I am in a Ny’Alotha 30 men Heroic raid, am I going to have more chances of dropping loot (with PERSONAL LOOT), as opposed to being in a raid of 10 players?

Note: I am NOT counting the fact that more people may be able to trade loot to each other. I am strictly asking about having more chances of getting 4 items in my bags from a 30 men raid vs getting 1 item in a 10 men raid.

I think this was the case back in Legion when Master Loot existed but I am not sure. It is not very clear on Wowhead.

Nope. Even though it is correct that more pieces of loot drops overall if the member count increases, the chance to receive an item per person is STATIC. There’s virtually no possible way to increase one’s chance of getting loot, whether you increase the member count, decrease it, kill the boss while your monitor is closed etc. It just doesn’t change.

I am pretty sure that you would not get more loot. Number of players has nothing to do with PERSONAL LOOT. If it was guided by logic, it would be LESS PLAYERS->MORE LOOT not MORE PLAYERS->MORE LOOT (if there was a XY guarantee drops in the raid)

He is speaking about more loot for himself instead of more loot in total.

Honestly, we would’ve need large statistics on it to clear the question and that’s not gonna happen.

On Normal and Heroic, every additional player above 10 that is in the raid adds an additional 20% chance for a boss to drop an additional piece of gear. This is due to the flexible nature of Normal and Heroic.

wowhead

or to put it the other way, depends what is number of items in a 10 group - >2 means that we’d get less items in a bigger group

yet tbh this is not what we observe in lfg ;d

That actually does make a difference. When I unplug my monitor on 2% boss health and finish him off that way, I always get an item.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.