N'Zoth (spoiler)

your joking right as we already know they are simply the pawns of the void lords

1 Like

Indeed!! What new Horros await huh?

No mostly just mentioning this for the people complaining “Killing Nzoth is such a waste, and we wanted a Black Empire expansion” blah blah

Pretty sure we can get even more magnificent horrifying stuff around the Void in the future

I see 3 possible futures

Future 1.
We Kill N’Zoth here and the story of the Old Gods ends

Future 2.
Killing N’zoth kill Corrupts Azeroth leading to Azeroth being the final Boss (Maybe a Mythic Boss) / Kills Azeroth, The Death of Azeroth destroys Azeroth resulting in us all ending up in the Shadow Lands (resulting in the shadow lands expansion).

Future 3.
N’Zoth didn’t really die / or did die but was all the plan to unleash the Void Lords.

1. we win the n’zoth dies and we all live happily ever after until the void lord come and we are forced to replay this tired old faction war once again
2 Likes

I have no issues with void as a power itself,but old gods or voidlords arent intresting at.Theyre not the lovecraftion horrors mortals could never hope to understand at al.

1 Like

4th we are done with old gods,and no voidlords. Void creatures/powers fine but no voidlords or old gods ever ever ever again.

Other options shouldnt happen.

1 Like

Killing n’zoth isny a waste at all,argus,the legion,even warlords was a waste.
Old gods nah ,the sooner where forever done with it the better

1 Like

So we blast him with magic beam instead of stabbing him with a Soulstone err I mean Dagger of Black Empire to seal his soul away?

Where was the last time I saw a mountain-sized, fleshy being with a thing for tentacles and eyes, who could manipulate/control minds of the others and was supposedly unkillable got blasted with a magic beam…

Well better that than have us go through all the trouble of stabbing him with a dagger only to have someone stick it in their forehead some time later and become a new “vessel” for N’Zoth.

Pretty much the entirety of this post. Old Gods bore me to tears. Blizzard plays them up to be “Oh so mysterious” 4D chess-playing incomprehensible horrors.

But in reality they’re just big, ugly, tentacled, loot piñatas with a double digit IQ and a threat level so low that I wonder why we even bother.

The Legion is the same. Give us a villain with nuance for once instead of things that’re easy to write 1-line raid barks for.

5 Likes

If old gods were done well and felt like eldritch monstrosities theyre susposed to be they could be amazing villains.
But its blizz so theyre boring and nothing like should be and feels to forced in evrything.

If xalath is old god (im not sure what kind of being she exactly is). She if they keep her as is now ,she feels lot more like old gods should be (but smaller scale).
And comes of lot more natural.

Or dk campaign one of only conflicts/actiibs (certainly of recent time) that is actully pretty morally grey. Unlike war campaign.

1 Like

I held on to some hope that Nzoth would not be automatically thrown under the player bus, and we would instead have a series of events that tore both factions apart with subtle stories that had his cultists infiltrating and creating some grounded and interesting intrigues.

One of the reasons I loved the new toy that allowed certain players to “join” the cult. A narrative way to expand on a more level ground, what Old God influence could look as.
Even involving players themselves.

But…laser beams, Kamehamehas, and the power of friendship. That ended the “Most cunning” of the Old Gods :roll_eyes:

And now, we’ll have this purple Antorus.

Yeah, it’s rather telling that I find Drustvar and Zuldazar plots much more compelling than this Space Monster crap.

1 Like

Atleast isnt anduins maguc bones or him convincing nzoth to stop being evil i guess?

Also blizz is better at smallscale then world ending giant monster threaths.

Also instead of using leaders to telk story of the WORLD its world being used to tell story of the leaders and world and the people dont matter.

We did. We had the deal with Azshara and 10.000 years of plotting. Cultists, emerald nightmare and Vordrassil , benedictus, Deathwing, Cataclysm and plots within plots and the schism between Horde and Alliance when mind controlled Garona tried to assasinate Varian on his meeting with Thrall etc etc.

And now he is free!! Dont you know released villains always get cocky? Well… its not hard to locate them afterwards…

I was talking more about the bit of “All eyes will open”. As in, finally unveiling a more systemic problem with rioting and infiltrated people suddenly appearing everywhere.
Something more related with Nzoth in particular.

I just feel like we blew of the octopus head as soon as it dared peek out of his cave, and curbstomped his minions in another flashy Antorus-like raid with purple walls, and space tentacles.

Very underwhelming for an enemy that was based on the Lovecraft series that rely greatly on a more psychological threat level.

As presented, we just blew up the Kraken.

I personally disagree, and feel like the opinion u share is one that people who think Old Gods are high in the Void hierarchy, because they have been presented as the Villain the Titans imprisoned and not killed.

But they are actually just pwns of the Voidlords, and according to lore they were “flung” about randomly into space hoping to get attached to a planet with a World Soul to corrupt it.

But now that we’re stopping Titans in space and cracking the cosmic code, Nzoth is actually too little in the grander scheme.

Its like sure Kiljaeden is a great villain responsible for schemes within schemes, but compared to Sargeras, he is nothing.

I am actually excited to see further on what the Void has to offer. So yeah lets be done with Nzoth

Wow as a writer i don’t get why you hate them so much. So you don’t like at all of the Lore as Old gods are the first one’s being introduced there?

i’m hoping a huge plottwist coming with N’zoth actually and making havoc for the world.

N’zoth is a huge villain as it is based on C’thulhu

Same for me. I mean I like Old Gods and the Aqir Troll war. But I prefere a good war story (not BfA) over an old god who dies in only one raid.

1 Like

And he feels nothing like eldritch monster beyond mortal comprehension he is susposed to be.
Replace him with generic evil wizzard and nothing changes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.