Official hardcore will be awesome

Anyway, how is that “no appeals” thing gonna work at all with this ancient trainwreck of a game randomly disconnecting twice a day?

Before any glazers immediately gaslight me and assume I’m in like Lybia stealing my neighbors wifi through 3 mud brick walls… I’m on fibre, and curiously, no other multiplayer games I play have random disconnects.

1 Like

If the hardcore server was designed by the current hardcore community, yeah, It would have been awesome, but knowing how Blizzard are messing even some basic class balance, their version of hardcore might be completely disconnected from what people really want.
Probably it’s better to not set your hopes too high. At least we’ll have the current hardcore version available.

Official classic proved that the private community, given their passion for the game, do it better. Official HC will again prove this to be true.

1 Like

I wonder how they’ll handle things. Having an appeal system seems fine but there’s so many ways you can abuse it, I legit cannot count the number of dead bodies whom status miraculously went back to “pass”. It literally takes 2mn to edit the appropriate lua file to keep your adventures going.
Official HC will at least get rid of that. Now I hope they’ll handle griefing and other issues well and it should be cool.

1 Like

Allow all trade, AH, alts, everything. Dying is so hyper easy and common, that it shouldn’t matter one bit if someone uses his earned or even gifted bis gear to keep rerolling toons that die at 30-40. What does it take away from anyone? “It’s not fair he goes faster than me” yea but he rerolled 20 times and died every time before 40. You’re still on toon 1 at lvl 55 without any boosts, absolute insanity to whine about this because official wow hc, afaik, will not be a RACE AGAINST THE CLOCK, and they haven’t announced or even suggested that there would be any REWARDS for “first” or “fastest” players that hit lvl 60… so this is a complete CAN YOU ALL SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY topic.

Same lack of logic people had with freaking out over mitch jones bags.
Did he leave town with the big bags? No. Did he quest? No. Did he kill or loot anything? No. SO WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM? “Durr rules RULES DE ROOOLS ARE DE ROOOOOLS REEEEEEEEE ROOOOOOOOOLS RESPACT DA ROOOOOOOLS REEEEE!”

My god the cringe. Give the bags back. No harm done. Keep going.
I just hate these fanatics crying about rules with no substance or ability to argue one point. It’s like if I took 100g and 10 potions from someone. Did that break the rules, yea so what. Did I use them? No. I just stood in town for 1 hour. I give the guy his 100g and 10 potions back, was never in combat or danger, didn’t buy anything, didn’t make money, all good. But there’s still these absolute morons crying about rules and demanding you get disqualified. Never in my life have I wanted to punch so many people irl in the face like when I was reading those idiotic comments. Jesus christ these giganerds need to touch some grass.

Aaaaaanyways little sidetracked…

So allow all trade + backup leveling gear on alts with mail etc.
If you can afford the stuff because you grinded a main, you earned it, go ahead enjoy some leveling “semi bis greens” and enchanted gear that makes your new alt leveling 10% more enjoyable. This is my take at this point, without there being any hint of ACTUAL REWARDS or a TIME LIMIT RACE to 60 or other milestone achievements.

As for pvp, I think it would be best to have 2 servers for NA / EU.
Normal and pvp. Creating a pvp realm char means either checking a pvp box, so you are always flagged for pvp. The additional option here could be that players are only allowed to engage with players 1-2 levels below/above them. Something to that effect.
Would still have big risk streamer content, with low harassment/griefing potential.
Especially when it’s run on a “enter at your own will and risk, no complaints allowed” policy where blizz literally wouldn’t reply, help, or care about anything anyone does on these servers related to killing each other.

It doesn’t, at least nobody can cheat and then appeal like with the Addon. :roll_eyes:

Seems simple, you die you can’t resurrect, no matter how you die.

You need to figure out why you are disconnecting and fix it. What caused mine when using Wi-Fi was it disconnected for a second only due to a power saving setting. Make sure your wireless adaptor cannot be turned off by power saving.

1 Like

Imagine being on wifi

I feel like there should be some tweeks to the no trade rule. Makes it impossible to level enchanting as you cant get the rods that only blacksmiths make.

There are rulesets that don’t allow to play with any profession.
Why allowing enchanting but no scrolls and alchemy for example?

Rulesets can be complex and without PTS we only can speculate how far it goes.

We don’t have scrolls in Era already, so why should that be a problem now?

If you would read the whole post instead of quoting single words, you would see that there isn’t a problem.

All there will be is your char gone after death, just like in Diablo. There won’t be rules or appeals and the metagame will be stupid af, like for example everyone is gonna bank all their gold and items every hour on an alt and runs around only with pocket change to buy skills.

I don’t even know why people get so upset about it, it’s not worth the fuss you make about it as official WoW HC will have a lifespan of 2 months and then dying down to a few hundred losers who got 24hrs of a day for themselves, who will then continue to participate in an imaginary fame rat race in a 20 year old game forever.

You forget that it’s still gonna be the trash game from 2005 with autoattacking paladins, shamans and priests and every other class revolving around 3 skills+mobs with zero mechanics. Once the few ‘normal’ people had their fix its gonna be dead.

1 Like

As already mentioned, Diablo 3 has a better HC mode than WoW, it rewards higher risks and it has a mechanism that helps players to avoid perma death. It’s literally a timer to get out of trouble before 0HP will end in death. A very successful feature. Does it prevent dicsonnects? No, but Diablo has stable sessions in comparison to WoW. In other words it fulfills all requirements to provide a HC mode. WoW needs to be fixed, disconnects, Z-axis damage, diving bugs etc…

Nelyna. You not need go to HC server. Why you just not leave HC servers alone if you dislike so much?

People can figure whatever they like as a bonus rules with addon. However official support for denying players cheating addon and continue playing despite dying is much needed.

Also bots will have much more problems once they can’t farm on their Immortal characters.

1 Like

But they can level up farming 10k green mobs to then farm grey mobs for gold and resources.

Official HC will be trash. They’re going to go the minimal effort/maximum profit route like usual.
They will allow trading so the game will be flooded with bots like all the other dead versions of WoW.
They will remove all the rules except permadeath making it EZ mode because like usual they just don’t get what makes a game good.
Blizz HC will be unchallenging, bland and full of gold buyers.
I’m guessing the servers will be dead after 2 months.

Tho im not into HC, its glad to see so many ppl getting hyped with, perhaps if it wasnt “death-delete” or more likely “death-you cant ress/get someone to ress you” id bother as well it would make whole game more immersive and interactive with ppl and community, but lvling over and over just to die on a dc? Nah ill pass… But hey I hope you guyz get the most fun out of HC servers :smiley:

Well one life only is THE common idea behind HardCore, IronMan, and whatever all those challenges are called :wink: So without this one rule, is just new server, not HC server :smiley: Try it - it’s addictive.