Oh look healing still op

Funny how so many people are trying to be smart and make excuses for healers while it’s a fact that healing is way stronger than damage, 1 healer can outheal 2 dps without breaking a sweat. Yea 2 dps could cc him and kill him but guess what healer is not alone and his teammates can also cc you.

The fact that double dps is not viable in 2v2 despite the games starting on 20% dampening is the proof of just how badly balanced and designed it is. And don’t tell me it’s all about 3v3 when almost every game ends up in dampening, so there is clearly a big problem.

1 Like

could understand if you where talking about ret/prot paladin healing but healers go down way easier than they do

1 Like

This will probably change with 2 dps traits.

Was watching one of the best priests ever named Hydra getting dropped from 100 to zero with def cooldowns up in less then 5 seconds by 2 dps.

Clearly you must be terrible playing your class if you cant even down an average healers in a random bg.

This Xpac shows that with all the added cc / interupt and nerfs to healers over the years that healing has become a chore and not even playing it at the highest level of skill is going to save you from a decent dps player who can silence / stun.

What i am trying to say is maybe take a massive cup of learn to play and wipe those tears of your face and keybind stun / silence ?

You could manage that right ?

5 Likes

A normal DPSer that knows how to play does 6000-12000 dps sustained.

A healer in small scale (3v3 or similar) fights does 10000-15000 HPS when forced to heal a lot.

You do the math…

Oooh ye. I almost forgot. A random BG dpser does on average 800-1500 dps. That low u may ask? Yes that low.

I’m pondering about one thing though. My stance on the healing is that it’s still quite a lot, but not in the way you may think:

Recently i did a Rated BG with some buds and a few randoms. Often we managed to kill healers without any problems, with me spearheading the target. However at one time we faught for over 10 minutes over one point, and their healers were oom after 7 minutes, all 3 of them.

Without any dps healing them nor any of them going out of combat to drink, they managed to heal any healer we got down to 20% or less to be up to 100% in less than a second.

Can any healer answer why that happened? It was a isolated case, but a frustrating one.

Note: The minimum dps we had was roughly 6.5k.

You lack burst it seems, or just coordination, or they were playing 4 healers. You either go for a rot comp or burst comp. 10k dps is way too low if you are doing a rot comp.

Some classes like monks can heal at no mana but at reduced efficiency. you should have no problem going through that tho unless burst is non existent.

So 3 healers are oom and you still can’t kill one of them?

I can’t help to think that CC was invented for a reason. chain-CC 1, interrupt/cc 1, stun the kill-target and FOCUS that one with a bunch (pop some cds if needed), how can you not kill that one? Heck, you can also shout on the voice-chat to suddenly zerg a random dps. No way 3 oom healers can keep up with a bunch coordinately attacking a target.

Although, I got to say that even my noob pala (350ilvl) survived quite a bit in random BGs. But then again, once they start stunning, silencing and interrupting…it’s over rather quickly. Unless we have another healer walking freely (as in most cases)…

Remember that you have CCs, interrupts and CDs :). Use them wisely.

Burst was there, kind off. But i’m from the world where no mana ment no healing. It’s kinda stupid to a degree that they’re still allowed to heal even though they are oom.

I repeat. We were coordinated, shouted out which ones to burst down, CC:ed them and they still managed to heal while oom. This was an isolated case, sure. Before we had 0 problems taking the healers down.

In that case, what you thought other people were doing, what they told you they were doing, and what they were actually doing, were not the same thing.

I see what you’re going for, and i’ve taken that into consideration. But my question remain unanswered:

Why could they still manage to outheal our damage (in this isolated case) even when it was coordinated, when they all were oom?:expressionless:

It is a simple question that just need a fair explaination to why it happens. I understand their skill had a part in it, however you should not be allowed to fire a gun without ammo…

If i’m out of Runes as a DK, i cannot do damage outside of autoattacks.
Why are you allowed to heal when you have no mana?

That healing on oom mana is like your auto attacks, it is not much. maybe 4k hps depending on gear.

BG is useless, pvp is balanced around 3vs3 arena.

I bet if was your friendly neighbourhood goblin standing in a bush healing their heart out on that priest. See. Goblins are green. Can’t see those sneaky things in all that shrubbery.

Solid logic.

1 Like

Explanation 1: Even though they were oom – their HPS + active Mitigation > Your group’s DPS. Simple.

Explanation 2: Wrong (timing) CCs and you were not as coordinated as you claim you were

Explanation 3: (The one you’re fishing for) healers heal too much while being OOM. No they don’t.

Without the whole picture it’s hard to tell what happened to your group. But in my experience, oom healers die incredibly fast.

Thats literally impossible if you do enough dps.

The minimum was 6.5 k dps you say? Lets say you have 9 players and 1 defending (away from the fight). So thats 6 dps vs 3 healers.

That means the healers have to do 12 k HPs in pvp while playing very manaconservative? Literally impossible, especially if you add interupts and CCs.

All healers have a way to play manaconservative…which leads to less HPS. When spam casting its about half: 5-6k HPs.

So thats basicly means your group was doing on average around 2500 DPS and not properly interupting / CCing.

Burst is super high atm with multiple classes having single spells hitting for 50-100k and a lot of classes having heavy burst sequences. I had multiple occasions in RBGs and random BGs where i saw ppl go from 100-0 during a single offensive or healing spellcast. 1 well timed interupt is often more than enough in an RBG to land a kill.

I think healers are the weakest theyve been in a long long time.

1 Like

Average ratio in a BG is still 1:4 healer:dps
I’m also willing to bet that the DPSers in your example play suboptimally while the healer does everything he’s supposed to do right
I can take out healers with 1 extra dps with me and I’m a tank so my damage isnt that high unless there’s 20 people melee hitting me

Well, according to the meters we were minimum 6k dps during engagements, so idk, maybe the majority of the team being top 5 damage wise means 2.5k avarage over time. :thinking:

Also, the latest hotfix is exactly what people have been asking for. A reduction to the mana regen. Not making healing less effective, not making healers easier to kill at every engagement. Just simply make their mana take more impact.

On that note:
h ttps ://media.giphy.com/media/1Z02vuppxP1Pa/giphy.gif

Of course it does make healing less effective…
Lets say before the nerf you were able to heal for 2 min with 10k hps and after the nerf you can heal for 1 min before going oom, the your hps would drop to 5k over the course of the fight.

And of course it makes healers much easier to kill, all you need to do is put enough pressure on the healer so he/she ooms after 30 secs healing him/herself.

Over the course of a long fight hybrids are able outheal healers in the self healing department.
And if the areana team knows how to pressure a healer, there isnt much else the healer can do but heal him/herself and totally ignoring group healing in order to survive before going oom.

In a game where healers selfhealing capabilities are outshined by hybrids in PvP there is something really wrong with balance.

Healers die so easy atm. It’s never been easier to kill one in my opinion; especially now when you get maledict-trinket from weekly cap.

2 Likes