Ok... Now I'm mad

You all know what I’m talking about.

Those blasted Boost communities/Guild recruits spamming trade chat on every. single. realm. Especially the high-pop realms.

And don’t even tell me to ‘‘just ignore them’’. I can’t! I just got the ‘‘You can’t ignore any more players.’’ message. WHY IS THERE EVEN A LIMIT ON THAT?!

Okay well, that’s not the least of it. No, I’m on a dead realm so we don’t have -that- many. And if I go on a full pop realm, I just /leave trade. Annoying, cause I do want to use trade for it’s original purpose, like saying I’m selling x item for less than the AH just so I can get rid of it quickly, but alas. Not like I’d sell that crap anyway.

No… The WORST is when you’re looking for a dungeon or raid. Just scrolling through the LFG tool, and half the messages are WTS blablabla. So I report them all as ‘‘Advertising’’. One refresh of the tool later, and it’s like they’re all back. On weekends and late in the evening, the entire tool is FULL of these blasted ads, and reporting them seemingly does NOTHING.

At this point, if the in-game store added an adblocker for x amount of cash, I’d honestly buy it. I am sick and tired of these ads. I’m pretty sure most of them are just scam ads anyway, especially the ones that say stuff like ‘‘GOING IN 30 MINUTES!’’ at a random time during the day. Sure dude. Sure.

I really needed to get that out of my system. I hope going into Shadowlands these ads will be reduced or completely forbidden, or that there will be addons/adblockers to delete this crap in one click of a button, or just permanently. But in all honesty, I think it’s only going to get worse from here…

Okay, rant over.

TLDR: Screw boosting ads, get out of trade/lfg or give me an adblocker addon that cant be worked around, ban it completely, why does ignore list have a limit, angrycatten

13 Likes

So anyone wanna buy a M15? Best prices EU!

12 Likes

have you tried badboy?

1 Like

Turn off trade chat. One day, everyone will do that, and the boosters will spam for themself.

1 Like

I do enjoy when people go out of their way to install Badboy etc the spammers find new ways to circumvent it so their stuff still shows up :joy:

2 Likes

I wont tell you to ignore them

Leave trade chat.

1 Like

there is limit on how meny u can put on ingnore ? i have 500+ on ignore no cap hitted yet

I used it for a while, but as you said, they just changed some words, so i turned it off.

Install Badboy Addon;
Install the CC Cleaner extension for Badboy;
Sort the words you want blocked

Happy days

1 Like

Agree. Everytime I play there’s “TichTich Boost”, “Sylvanasleet” and more spaming in general and trade chat. My ignore list is full too because of that and they always create new characters. I report them for spam but the next day it starts again. I feel like Blizzard don’t give a poop about that, their warning message had no influence, it’s getting worst every day.

2 Likes

Same. Turning off Trade is the only thing that worked.

On AD is not too bad (yet) and trade still has some fun convos and trading going.

1 Like

their warning message was only about advertisements in lfg tool. trade chat is still valid for them to advertise in. :S

i once read a long time back a comment of someone saying they were using some add on that could block certain comments based on keywords you put in. i cant remember its name tho

But otherwise you should just remove older ignores because the boost selling spammers tend to use new chars often to get around ignores. most of the ones i see are low level chars made just for spam bots

1 Like

That’s not acceptable that players have to turn off the chat because of boosting communities. Blizzard should block accounts making boosting ads.

4 Likes

The addon is called Badboy - but boosters get round it by changing names slightly

If they really bother you, you can turn off/leave trade chat all together or you can use an addon like badboy and the plug in CC cleaner to remove all those ads from your view. You just have to set up some keywords.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/keyword-list-to-clean-up-the-trade-chat-11-2020-08-08/137628

You have to bear in mind though it’s just cleaning your view and others who use the addon.

There was nothing wrong with buying or selling boosts prior to the whole m+ system, since it was mostly people just looking for one. Even arena boosts did not get spammed that much. but with m+ there is a competative popular pve thing people can exploit for gold or even real life money. The current boost selling spam is basicly the same as the chinese gold seller spam from years back minus them also whispering people

i dislike using add ons in general but it atleast might help OP. Atleast it filters it down a little bit. On servers with a small population like alliance on mine you dont see that much spam. But once i jump on my horde characters on dragon maw the spam is so much worse.

Makes me unsure about my plans for playing shadowlands as Horde as i planned to

This is our only option. I did it 2 years ago. Yes, I miss trade chat, but as long as boosting is allowed advertised there, we’ll just have to accept the channel as gone. There is sadly nothing to replace it’s original intention.

1 Like

This. So much this!

Funny thing is, nobody defended the gold seller spam back in the days, but sure, everyone wants boosting spam(?!).

3 Likes

Nobody is defending them, everyone is annoyed, but as long as they’re only boosting for ingame gold there just isn’t anything we can do about them as their services are completely in line with the TOS.
Use badboy or leave the trade chat, nothing else is going to help.

1 Like