Old Character models (optional) as legion

I honestly would prefer to use the old night elf model, both male and female. The male one is just superior to new one in every possible way in my opinion, from better facial structure to body proportions and animations. Try as I might, I can’t take the male night elf seriously with his current idle stance.

At least they changed that super goofy run animation the male night elf had in 6.0.

Alternatively, they should rework the male night elf model from scratch and give it back the old animations and idle stance, while keeping the updated look.

3 Likes

thank you for ur comment, I do agree with u :slight_smile:

1 Like

the option to show old models got removed the moment demonhunters got released because those were tied to both elves we had during that time and came possibly with new animation only working for new models.

I would like to have it back too… used it gladly to see on what model my mog looks better but oh well I marked the day and it was during dh implementation time :frowning:

1 Like

Old models and animations.

1 Like

iirc Blizz removed it because they believed the old models completely clashed with the higher polygons and texture of the environment of more recent expansions.

1 Like

sorry but reintroducing the old models would cost you a raid tier - ion

2 Likes

the way I see it, they could have made a “COPY” file of original BELF/NELF files and kept them, once u would roll DH the skeleton would automatically swap to the new one :smiley:

fair feedback, but I know it can be done & doesnt take as long time as most ppl would think :slight_smile:

we know why, but it can be done pls read thread

bump this post pls :slight_smile:

Me. :grinning:

2 Likes

There’s always one … :stuck_out_tongue:

bump up pls :slight_smile: thx for all the feedback so far

Please RE-BUMP THIS everyone is welcome to debate

happy for ur feedback :slight_smile:

They should still make pristine realms for retail. That would be include
*no dungeon, -or raid finder
*old models
*whatever comes to mind

:slight_smile:

If you can somehow see them through their weapon blocking the view.

1 Like

Legion had new animations, and the models were not old models, they were actually new models with low res textiles.

WOD had the better old models options /w animation IMO

1 Like

What I love about Blood elves right now is that only belfs & nelfs can be Demon Hunters, which mean glaives where made for those characters…

Then why the hell do my glaives clip halfway through my head?

https://gyazo.com/3de098cb5cadaf4cbb2d141ea67e74e3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.