Old Essence grind in 8.3 for new/returning players

Why not? In ten. It doesn’t follow that time apart means they are different in their fundamental core. Perhaps in dressing, yes, but at core, I’d say no.

But you can’t ingore the fact that all this stacks on top of each other, as i said above and in the other thread not only people generally don’t see them as gear but as abilities, you now need both of those to be on at the % of power level you were in 8.2. People have no problems with gear, people have problems with gear and essences, i can assure you that if we didn’t need to farm gear less people would have a problem with them, even if this isn’t their only problem.

Essences are gear. Its power just like gear nnothing els and yes it does ruin my character progression.

You keep using “lot of people” why? I dont see lot of people runing high end mythic+ or mythic raiding. In fact majority of playerbase end game is LFR and world content which is where essences are mostly rewarded and i dont see any reason why we should ruin in for them just to please few minmaxers mythic runners. Did you consider that maybe reason why they are not acc wide is fact that Blizz numbers says its fine as it is? Becouse i dont see casual audience complain about essences its all mythic+ runners and mythic raiders.

I play 12 chars and heres my strategies :

Iris on AoE ( always )

Vision of perfection, crucible or conflict and strife for singletarget

Minors? Most of the time memory of lucid & crucible

Its not that big of a grind, its just some like blood of the enemy or rustbolt one which takes forever to get

Not that impactful, Just any rank 3 essence works for minors

I mean i don’t have specific numbers but this argument keeps popping up in every wow related forum in one way or anothr sooooo. Also a lot of casual downright ignore them so it’s not like they are particularly enjoying them either.

So, they wont return then.

More people get burned out in the next months, more people leave.

All these badly designed systems, and unfriendly systems towards alts / returning players are keeping them away. And this hurts all of the active playerbase.

Essences arent a core char progression feature. It is an badly executed xpac feature.

I have 3 characters with almost all essences (C&S / reliquary one are missing on all)
And i am done with doing the same silly chores over and over again.

Now i will await 8.3, fix my FoS +15 in time mount in just a week or 2 and unsub till Shadowlands.
But i would have played a lot more and stay subbed till Shadowlands for sure if essences werent such a retarded system. (M+ is fun and Black Empire looks like an amazing raid)
And spend a lot more money aswell on a lot of stuff. (Tokens / faction changes etc etc)

4 Likes

Except it also allianate players what didnt quit the game kept playing. I also doubth there is some big audience coming back for 8.3 regardless of essences. People say it like there are thousands of people waiting for 8.3 when in reallity there are not. People what got bored of bfa quot long time ago and most of them will never come back for new patches.

The people who will come back will leave as soon as they figure out they need essences for the content they wanna do.

What is the loss for you if the systems get changed?
You own the essences so you have the powers.
It doesnt affect your playstyle.

Etc etc.

Would like to hear a good reason why this game cant be made more friendly aside from:

I dont think it needs to be account wide because i just feel it isnt needed.

4 Likes

So guess we should also give them free mythic gear, and account wide itemlvl? Becouse you know they will quit if they find out they have to grind out gear befor they jump into 8.3 raid.

Do you realize WoW is supostu be mmorpg right? What is this nonsense and entiltment that everthing outside of gear progression is somehow gate. Holy **** why you even play this game if you want everthing just gived it to you so you can spam same boring dungeons and raids over and over like playing some raid simulator or something. Essences give casual players progression outside of instances which is something what people wanted for ages. This game is not Arpg game where you just create character and spam dungeon content. It is not fun and it do ot belongs into mmo game.

1 Like

Not even my main two characters went to do PvP because I was so annoyed by the fact I must PvP for my PvE. My guild went to do RBGs and they all got them easily and I just logged out and refused. With same token I do not think PvPrs should PvE for their arenas.

And vision of perfection, only 3 of my characters have ever set foot in gnome land. That and that due to multiboxing.

My alts go get iris from M+, and my guildies do help me because I gave them explanation about the ‘spam’ game gives you to fill the essences - its been funny to do a 14 key in i400 but ok. My guildies choice. ok.

And then the base one I get with neck from magni and then I force myself to get the R1 lucid dream.

Some more advanced characters (those, who have been geared to 430+ on M+) have raid essence.

I am not even going to type down what I really think of this essence system.

Yeah, essences are the amazing amount of content we always dreamed off.

Making whine for some turtle dude for weeks on end.
Bury our faces in mechanical parts for weeks
Grind out a lot of battlegrounds

Everyone who is playing alts and is having an issue with the system wants a change to the system because it restricts their character progression on said character either their 2nd or 3rd of 29th alt because they have to redo all the boring chores over and over again.

Instead of jumping into content that actually progresses their character week after week. Since more M+ gear or pvp gear or raid gear means more difficult content.

The essences however: ow look i was able to spend 60 hours making wine for this retarded turtle. Now i finally have unlocked the full potential of this character.

Instead of gaining these powers from actual difficult and challenging content (where basically all the gear comes from.)

Once again: does it hurt you or your character if it gets changed?

Forgot to point out once again it isnt a viable system for returning players. this will be my version of account wide gear response

1 Like

cmon you went two Whole posts without mentioning gear and being hyperbolic, you were on the right path.

1 Like

There is gates and there are ‘log out is better’. Gates are ok, but when something comes dread, when players choose to log out instead playing, then its bad design. And players rather log out than go do 2 months worth of quests in nazjatar for some R3 or force themselves trough some other things they have already done 100000 times.

And do not come to lecture me that I want all on silver platter because I am sure I have more nazjatar exalted characters than some have L120s.

2 Likes

I have bad news for you. Majority of playerbase do not run mythic+ and any sort of raiding above LFR. Which means tjey have no problem with essences becouse they dont need bis essences in first place. It is your own problem you force yourself farming biss essences even if you dont need them. Blizz wont butcher game for few minmaxers what feel forced to do content they dont like even when its their own choice to min max. Ans when comes to alts. People what have problem with refarming essences on alts so they can run high end content with them again absolute minority + people tend to forget what word alt mean. Alt is not supostu rival your main character. It rather looks people want to own multiple mains without putting same amounth of time into them. Thats again something for ARPG not for mmo

The system doesnt work for returning players nor for people playing more characters.

Alternative character doesnt mean it is worse or bad compared to your main.

Since alternative just means: another option.

If you get asked for a party but have alternative plans, does this mean the party will be less fun than your plans?

Most people who are invested in them to care this much about the essences arent the ones just running through LFR and go: yolo i can just play this.

Everything about the essences shout the bad design it is in general.

I would even bet all of my gold on the fact i can play any of my 3 characters and you wont even be able to tell which i played the most the last expansions.

Because currently i have as much time invested in all 3 without ever calling any of them my main.

Since you racked up a lot of achievement points i highly doubt the paladin is your only character.

So why are you so against it? I still didnt find any reason that makes me think: hmm he is right.

Disclaimer: essences and the HoA are retired within 12 months. Pls enjoy thia bad system since you are apparently a fanboy of it.

Mandatory final note:
Essences need to be changed so returning players dont have to worry about doing old content whe 8.3 hits.

1 Like

So all my effort gets destroyed in single patch. Like gear resets wasnt enough now even systems like essences. I doubth those few returning players are worth over lossing many current players becouse they effort on essences just got deleted. And if you reallly manage to have 3 compettive charachters than no wonder blizz keep pushing systems like essences and ap i to the game. Without it we would all sit on 12 fully geared chars withing couple of weeks and have nothing to do. Like blizzard had to offset fast gearing somehow so yeah. Maybe if game would not be so acessible and gear so cheap to get blizz wouldnt need other systems to keep us playing.

How does your effort get destroyed:

You worked for said essences and reaped the benefits for months.

And because you feel screwed over you dont want it to be changed to be more friendly for returning players to catch up and for others to change to a different character because they like to have options.

You are the one that needs to consider quitting if you feel like your effort is being taken away with each patch.

Not to mention new expansions.

Essences got introduced because HoA wasnt working out like they intended and the essences were their failed attempt at fixing it.

Even losing more players because of it.
But keep on spreading the word that you dont need returning players and that people quit over anything but essences.

And soon enough you will have a very big world all to yourself.

Mandatory final sentence:
Essences need to be changed in 8.3 so returning players and active players can do 8.3 content without having to bother with 8.2 content

1 Like

Multiboxers Hiss

I got rank 2 on every char ( 12 ) and rank 3 on 2 of em

Rank 3 just isn’t worth the effort … mostly becuase i use it as minor on most and all it does is give +93 versatillity

aaawh

well as things stand currently we dont even know what the best essences are even going to be, based on PTR at least some of the new ones might be better meaning regardless of if you are new or not you will have to grind for them.

there is also a chance people will be able to ignore CLF considering that its getting a fairly big nerf for next patch, i have heard rumblings that purification protocol could be a lot better also because it does bonus damage to aberrations and a lot of the mobs in the next raid/patch content are aberrations.

its completely pointless to complain about this untill we know the information for certiain, people are going to have to grind in some capacity for essences regardless because the new ones give corruption reduction.

and also, why should players who decide to stop playing for whatever reason have the option of just deciding to play again and then get given stuff cheaper or easier than the players that had to work for it in the first place, i get that for alts its a bit difficult and annoying, but if you want to play multiple characters then you are kinda putting yourself in that situation knowing that you are going to need to work for them.

alot of these complaints are just people who are putting themselves in a difficult situation and then complaining that blizz should make things easier for them. which is childish and stupid