Old raids (legion and bellow)

So how to put it, there should be this buff in place right which makes content old 2 expansion obsolete and solable, well this time around it doesnt work with legion …

Can you fix it please, i’m sure mogs are important for a lot of people.

19 Likes

I just devoted a few hours of my gametime to test this by myself, because this is probably the most favourite part of the game, at least for me.

Problem seems to be bigger. At lvl 60 I ran couple of older raids (for example BWL, Sunwell, ICC, DS, Pandaria ones) and it took much longer to kill pretty much everything. I tried Antorus LFR first two bosses. I could kill them but it was way harder than at 50 or 120 before. Doing BFA content should be easy right know, but it is not, you can die more easily in Nazjatar or Mechagon like you are not ten levels up. So far Island expeditions on mythic are not soloable aswell, can’t even queue.

Back at 120 during BFA I got gear only from world quests, only one or two essences, no corruption at all since I did not play the current content back then. I was able to solo everything up to Hellfire Citadel mythic including, I was able to solo good amount of Legion content aswell (EN, Nighthold on normal and heroic, ToS and Antorus LFR and some normals and all dungeons on all difficulties).

I expect the same in Shadowlands since it is a new expansion and we should be more powerful and outlevel the old content. I expect to solo Legion mythic raids same as I was able to solo WoD mythic raids in BFA. I even expect to solo some content from BFA expansion.

To be honest, this was the thing I was looking forward to do the most and it is really frustrating to run old content at lvl 60 right now. I hope they fix it as soon as possible, I think a huge amount of playerbase is disappointed by this.

21 Likes

Wow I couldn’t agree more, one of the things I really like about a new expansion is the chance to do all the old raids and get the nice transmogs. But now the scaling feels so off .

7 Likes

ye it sucks big time.
I was able to down mythic Gul’Dan with some tricks in the sleeve in patch 8.3 (eg using Ashvane Coral to build up crit proc for illidan phase).

Now I can’t kill it. It’s just not possible, I don’t have enough damage. And those old tricks no longer work, capped at level 50.

Who would have guessed that another stat squish will produce another set of problems.

I doubt they’ll ever fix that crap too. We’ll just gain the ability to solo this stuff once our chars get strong in later patches.

5 Likes

This scaling Blizzard has put into the game will destroy it for many of us. I totaly lost the feeling to play becuse of this. That i love most with new expansion is that you now can do the old raids and get new transmog. Old content and its transmog is for me 90% of the game.

So if Blizz aint fixing this my 16 years of playing will come to an end. And i know there is loads of people out there that plays the game just like me and thats the thing that makes them keep continue play.

12 Likes

So guys hows the scaling going when you fixing it

3 Likes

Legacy Content is a huge part of the game for many players including myself. Transmog and Mount farming is a good reason to come back to the game and is great filler content.

They are now passing this off as intentional after saying that scaling wont affect the difficulty of legacy content which is clearly not true.

We are supposed to believe that we are supposed to level 10 times and become the “Maw Walker” only to be weaker than we were before.

The difficulty increase is normally by us facing more imposing enemies in the current expansion not squishing us down so we feel weaker than ever globaly.

Saying we will eventually be as strong as we were last expansion through gearing is terrible and insulting. we have paid more to have content we could previously take part in stripped away. just why

6 Likes

a reminder we still want to run old stuff guys, tune it properly.

4 Likes

You are fighting the good fight. I also really hope they fix this asap. Farming legion raids was one of the biggest motivations for me to play the addon.

3 Likes

Is the scaling still broken? Want to do mythic Tomb of Sargeras :frowning: but it just does so much damage…

2 Likes

Please change this blizzard , it’s the most fun thing to do in wow and i have been waiting since legion to farm legion since i didn’t have time to commit myself to a mythic raid guild and the legacy buff just isn’t working at the moment

2 Likes

Yeah, legacy raids being impossible to solo right now really leaves a bad taste. :frowning:

3 Likes

Wanted to bump this again

Considering how this week went for melee with their m+ affixes i cant really pve, i cant really pvp cos dh’s are kinda bad.

I cant even do old raids for fun and mogs …

(blizzard ?)

3 Likes

I was able to kill m guldan on 3rd attempt, but I’m playing unholy dk with 205 gear equiped and my st burst is pretty high.

Whats interesting, that the legacy scaling aura is present in legion, at least in EN and NH (havent tried the rest) but its nowhere close to what it should be.
Before the scaling i was able to solo most of tomb (didnt kill desolate host because it needs you to be in 2 phases at the same time and i cba to google it) and some antorus bosses, but now even NH is a challenge and we gained 10 levels.

2 Likes

I did manage gul dan on mythic this week, better gear more conduits etc did the job. Barely tho. I was already “dead” aka in the night fae cocoon and the pet finished off last 1%.

The scaling is 10 times too small. In WOD raids i do about 400k dps, in Legion raids only about 40k. I don’t get it. I understand no scaling in BFA content as the last expansion raid was never scaled but Legion? Legion is 4 year old ffs.

3 Likes

Any news? Did it get fixed?

1 Like

What are you talking about? Even mythic Tomb of Sargeras is soloable now.

Are you serious? Have you tried to solo it?

It’s not fixed and it seems it is even difficult for Blizz to acknowledge the problem.

3 Likes

still not fixed … :frowning:

2 Likes

any news guys? i would like to solo Mythic Antorus

2 Likes