Old talent system

Does anyone more then me miss the “old” talent system where u can multispec and stuff? I miss having more options for talents alot. Comment below if you feel the same way :slight_smile:

10 Likes

As a hybrid, I would say nein to this kind of tree, unless Blizzard wants paladin, shaman, druids and monks being healers…

Regarding pure DPS, it could be good however.

After trying classic, no, its boring

5 Likes

What about more talents for the current talent system :)?

1 Like

The more the better

-The guy who plays every class in retail

The old talent system was not any better than the one we have now.
Multi spec is cool until you realise most ways of doing it is very bad.
They would have to drastically change what the talents do from how the old system did them for it to work but it would not change that a cookie-cutter spec would exist.

I do think however they should add talent row for each expansion or something as being max talented at level 100 feels bad imo.

1 Like

They will probably rework the talent tree (at least the levels) with the levelling rework in 9.0.

Old system got a lot fewer options tho, like you always got the spells, and the only choice you made was that you need 5% crit or 5% hit.

They could just improve the talent trees so hybrids are… yknow… actual hybrids…?

They should never be able to compete with a pure dps on dps anyway, nor a pure healer on healing.

You’re a hybrid. Half-half. Support class :smiley:.

1 Like

Personally I don’t miss the old inflexible talent trees where we just followed the best builds to be optimal. It was an illusion of choice IMO.

6 Likes

There is absoloutley nothing stopping them doing both… except the fact they have basically done it for a “temporary” thing in legion, bfa, and now shadowlands rather than just putting the old damn system in permanently.

Why are they wasting their time developing new systems every expansion when they already have the old talent system that worked and is basically the same thing they keep doing?

If you ever get a chance to ask blizzard a question, ask them that one.

3 Likes

we dont need old talent tree, what we need it the current talent tree to have a variety of options for different situations. Most classes atm have it pretty stale though.

Literally the same thing you do now.

4 Likes

Why pick one when you could have both?

A progression tree that specializes your character.

and

A skill path that allows you to pick skills for different situations.

What’s the point of support ? I mean if a roster lacks of DPS, then we should bring 1 pure DPS. However, if we’re lacking Healing, then a true healer get the job done better than a support. Not to mention that currently, some DPS specs bring more utilitary tools than a retribution paladin. And still pump more damages. That’s not fun.
Also, nein, no hybrid tax. It would sucks.

2 Likes

None in the kind of game that retail is, now.

…But that also makes your point of “I’m a hybrid” completely invalid, because your class ain’t a hybrid class anymore.

Yes, my spec has not been a true support since cata. And that’s why I fear Shadowlands’ and it’s pre cata inspiration.

Depending on the way you look at it, reducing hybrid classes back to being true hybrids could be a good thing.

That said, it’d depend on other factors such as making the armor stat a real thing again. It’s a bit too much to get in to here.

No I don’t miss the old talent system, it was boring and invited cookie cutter builds.

I prefer the current system but I hope they rework it and add more rows to it when the revamp happens in Shadowland.

We would all pick the optimal build though.

and that was 1000000 times better because now the coolest talents for some classes are utter GARBAGE and nobody picks them if we had old talent system all active talents would just be baseline and then you get to choose which ones you want to empower old talent system was great current is trash