Old time shaman is back with a question

Hi, I used to play from the start till right before Cataclysm came out.
I am now back with Dragonflight.
I managed to level my main, Enh-shammy, to 70 and now I am enjoying (buahahahahahaha… well, trying to…) some PvP (in arena I last more or less 5-10 seconds, I love it!!!).
My question is about the talent-spec.
I see there are two main roads: all-windfury (left side of the talent tree) or lavalash (right side of the talent tree).
Is it normal that on practice dummy I get a lot more dps with the lavalash build? I mean around 30+% more dps. I use the same equip for testing the two builds. But the lavalash one is a lot better. Still I see many ranked players using the windfury one.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance to whom will be so kind to answer.

FOR THE HORDE!! :wink:

1 Like

I’ve given up on my shammy in Dragonflight, it just seems so feeble compared to my warrior & mage.
Resto was tough to heal with but apparently it’s been buffed in the latest patch.
The 2 enhancement branches are known as ‘elementalist’ and ‘physical’ and they both prioritize different stats so that might be your issue.

Elementalist - Agility >>> Mastery >> Haste > Critical Strike = Versatility

Physical - Agility >>> Haste > Mastery > Critical Strike = Versatility

1 Like

I see! I have very high Mastery, then Versatility and Haste, and from what I understand I am using an Elementalist build . This is the reason I get lower dps when I switch to Physical one, I should increase my Haste over Mastery to see good dps numbers.

Thanks a lot! Now it’s clear.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.