On verge to stop playing classic due to cleave groups

Nah, since all party is 3 mage dps and out dps wf proc , not worth bring it at all.

If this is your mentality, there can be no worse game for you then vanilla.

On Skullflame we do not have these problems. You need to change realms unfortunately.

It’s happening on Pyrewood Village PvE too. I see these groups advertised in LFG daily, and some are telling people that they have to be able to sit for hours in these groups if they are going to join.

About what are you guys talking? Cleaving groups? I didn’t encounter such behaviour in any of my group I made. We ran and cleaned whole dungeons without rush. Each time I was going with different, random ppl, still no problem. I’m playing on PvE server and I’m really glad for my decision for many reasons.

It is actually kind of funny how “better at the game” and picking the easiest combo you can find goes hand in hand.

Honestly, I don’t care what others do, but I am baffled how anyone is able to enjoy playing like that. Matter of taste though. I can’t see myself ever joining that crowd. It would be like degrading WoW into Bejeweled or something. For me anyways.

3 Likes

I’ve Been having issues finding groups as a healer period on Pyrewood Horde. Finally managed to get SM Lib done yesterday, after having posted in LFG “Healer LFG SM Lib, Prefer normal people and no rushers” I then had a nice tank invite me just seconds after and we spent a good 20 mins trying to find “normal” dps… Did get it done eventually tho… so there IS hope… There are others out there, you just have to find them… once you do, add them to friendlist :slight_smile:

Tank and healer looking for 20 mins for dps to fill up a 5-man dungeon group? Man that would never happen on Judgement, dps slots almost alwyas fill up very fast. If you have tank and healer then you are as good as good to go.

You would think so… we were even saying “well this is odd…” :slight_smile:

This
Anyway come play with me we always do dungeons the way you discribe

Didn’t have much of your experience on mirage
… I’m tanking and if i find a healer we have to reject ppl because we find dps really fast… talking about playing hours ofc, not morning on work day… actually I believe your problem is that SM is dungeon where ppl are using cleave groups the most… later on it becomes really rare to see those LFG aoe spam posts… in my experience ofc

1 Like

I hope so. What I enjoy most are doing 5 mans, so I’m hoping to build a good friendlist full of tanks eventually :slight_smile:

Don’t worry… in few weeks the rush to 60 mentality will be completely gone, because all those who have time and will to rush it will be 60 already… you won’t have any problems finding group as priest:D

1 Like

Hey @OP , i sympathise with what you say , but you need to keep in mind there is no way the game is supposed to be played. You play the way you want and you need to find likeminded people to do so.
Your way is not the right way ( neither is mine ) , it is simply YOUR WAY.
Since you are a healer , all you need is a tank and you can easily set the pace of each dungeon.
If a DPS is causing you problems , replace them or throw them a ‘‘you pull it you tank it’’ and they’ll either oblige or leave on their own.

Same way you despise cleave groups , i now despise standard groups , crazy right ?
Cleave groups with my warrior are the greatest fun i’ve had in years across many games.
Before Whirlwind and ravager , it was depressing sword and board tanking and struggling to keep aggro vs DPSers that can’t even wait 2-3 sec and go apesh1t on pull.

Screw CC , screw sword and board , screw ‘care’ , go all out , bring AOE pain and destruction , finish the dungeon within 15 minutes , get the godmode XP orrrrrrrrrrr WIPE TRYING .
Nothing not to like really!
When i see myself and other warriors around bladestorm spinning and cause pain i literally get a hard-on.
I suspect mages raining the entire Northern pole on enemy heads feel the exact same way.

However , i am not trying to enforce my playstyle on others and i hope neither do you , since i am struggling to figure out the purpose of this thread.

I only join cleave groups and i absolutely love it.

Thank god, there’s no crossrealm lfg!

1 Like

Other one who things evolution ( knowledge ) shouldn’t be a thing in Classic.

Listen, WoW Classic is like any single player game out there. You struggled to finish it the first time, but the second time, the 3rd time, etc … you keep getting better and better.

You want to play like that first time when you finished the said game? No problem, do that. But don’t ask an entire community to follow your …“believes”.

Each and everyone should play Classic exactly like they want and no one should tell them how to play the game.

For anyone who cares about M+ on higher keys, this is categorically false. You absolutely do need to know what the mobs are called, because you need to know what the mobs do, which to prioritise, which to CC.

Retail’s problem is that outside of M+, dungeons truly are as you describe.

Fixed that for you.

I have same problem. Latest situation in ZF where tank would simply run in the front and pull, totally ignoring me as healer sitting there and drinking with 10% mana, far away from pull. 2 mages and lock bombing everything and getting so much damage. After first wipe they asked if I’m shadow priest? After second wipe tank yelled at me, why was I not putting shield on him. I explained politely he still had CD from previous shield and mass of mobs he was pulling was just making to much damage, still it was my fault. This aggressive, nervous groups are unfortunately pushing me away from WOW

From now on, you want to make fast farm aoe run? Without me

You are tank and ignore my existence as healer, I have to ask you more than 3 times to make mana break? You search for other healer

You tank with two-hand boss who is 3 levels above yours? You heal yourself, motherf…

2 Likes

Possible solution for you - don’t join cleave groups.