On verge to stop playing classic due to cleave groups

How about make your own group?
I do cleave groups and regular ones, both are options.

Well, if someone came into MY group, a group I made. Demanding that we play differently, i’d be annoyed too. Maybe i misunderstood the thread then (or didnt read it all), i thought it was about aoe/cleaving groups beeing a problem for those who couldnt get into said group.

But i think its fair that if the leader demands certain playstyles for his group. If he wants 3 mages for aoe, i think he has every right to ask for it.

Yeah, i understand.

1 Like

Guess what, not everyone enjoys leveling and would like to do it as quickly as possible :man_facepalming:

I think you are just salty because you chose the “wrong” class. I bet if you were a mage you would be spamming SM left and right. This is a non-issue for normal people, you can make your own group very easily.

GLHF

There is no wrong class, but there are ‘wrong people’. You should just team up with other “non cleavers”. We run SM with shaman, rogues and two druids. Nope, not as fast as ‘cleavers’, but we had loads of fun and barely noticed how levels flew. It was all about company.

Do not let those people ruin your game, make your own game.

Because levelling is boring. Tried questing up to 30-ish and my brain died - killing 88 (!) bears for 10 tongues, and what did addon say - 60+ birds for 8 feathers. It gets boring run-about that no longer feels like roleplay, fun or entertaining.

And running like a snail across map 4 times like a snail is not very entertaining.

So here’s you one view point why we try to skip stuff and rush a bit. I have also played vanilla. I did not play any of private servers, but I have already done it in past and my life is too short.

1 Like

On the first pair that’s fair. People are free to like and dislike as they please. One thing I don’t understand or ever understood. Which is the statement “I wanna reach level cap as soon as possible so I can start enjoying the game.”

Back in the day, people would play a game for the enjoyment. The entire game. Sure, there’s frustrations and difficulties and those are part of the game. But what you’re saying now basically is like saying that you want to finish like… Assassins Creed as soon as possible so you can start enjoying yourself.

The entire journey to finishing the game should be a fun experience. A lot of players who wanted Classic enjoy that experience. They enjoy the idea of running through a world without layering, finding people to dungeon and do quests with and eventually hit level 60. I personally think it’s a fun experience and personally I also believe that people who don’t think Classic leveling is anything fun shouldn’t even bother playing. They should play Battle for Azeroth and that is not because I look down on them but because Battle for Azeroth allows for quicker leveling without any sort of struggle. And that’s the reality.

And I don’t think Classic endgame is going to be what people seem to expect from it. There’s not going to be happening much in endgame for the time being. There’s no battlegrounds yet, there’s only two raids, the other raids don’t come out till months on end. The silithus event won’t be for some time. There’s literally no reason to really rush to 60 because you’re just going to end up incredibly bored. Ganking level 30 and 40’s as a level 60 in open world pvp is going to bore you as well because it just won’t be a struggle anymore.

And on top of that, endgame in Classic isn’t going to be like Battle for Azeroth where you have to raid a couple of times a week to get one boss down in Mythic difficulty. Infact there’s no difficulties in raiding. You just do a raid and that is that. The only difficulty about it is likely getting any of the loot, with a 40-man raid. It’s going to be fun to experience, sure. But it won’t have the longevity people seem to expect from it.

And just to add. People should play Classic the way they want to do. Wether that’s cleaving or otherwise. I won’t agree with the cleave method, or even rushing things in Classic. It just isn’t the game to rush. It never was. But if people want to do that, let them. I just won’t group with them. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Raids, unlocked characters, PvP and ability to be fully free and not gated by gear and lack of class abilities. For example being L40+ rogue I cannot even use blind because it is too expensive (I mean the reagent, not the trainer purchase). I find it gimping to not have my full toolkit of my class.

And raids with 40 people are fun. Killing 1000 boars alone is not.

My characters are unlocked. I’ve had plenty and incredibly fun PvP and I’ve earned more gold through selling purple lotus on the AH as a level 40 than the people who are specifically grinding it as a level 60.

And you don’t have to kill 1000 boars alone. Can choose to do so, but can also group up and make some friends along the way like I did.

Oh. And I feel incredibly free, because I don’t have the urge to rush to 60. I think that is the only issue with people who want to rush. They won’t feel free until they hit level 60. And I feel incredibly sorry for those people. :smiley:

3 Likes

Rogue PvP is not fun at low level. Under 31 talent points its not even rogue.

Do not feel sorry for me. I am fine.

I’m a rogue, currently 20 talent points. It’s incredibly fun. Never had so much fun in WoW ever.

3 Likes

Different people, different likes. For me being under 60 is dread.

That’s fair enough. As I said, everyone has their own way of thinking and liking different things. I’m just afraid that endgame in Classic will deeply dissapoint everyone who rushes to 60 now, at least until things like more raids and battlegrounds come out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perhaps. I played vanilla, so for me it feels I have already done it. And since I never stopped playing wow more than some months at time to recharge batteries, then I do not have the ‘coming home’ feeling either. For me its just “levelling another twink alt”

It is pretty simple mate. Leave the spamming chats, and focus on doing dungeon runs with your guild or friends. Ignore those no-lifers who don’t enjoy the essence of WoW, which is the story and the leveling.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen these farming SM groups in vanilla or pserver. I’m not saying no one ever did but even so it was so rare.

I don’t care how people want to play but for me I don’t wanna play classic as BFA. And for me, people who wanted vanilla experience but still playing like this are hypocrites.

I can understand this for people who wants first kills or something.

But if I wanted to play BFA style I just go play BFA.

4 Likes

Completely agree with you and this is Blizzards fault again, It’s infuriating that they have made this version of vanilla so easy for everyone just to appease the scum from retail! They can then say “Vanilla was never difficult, we are smart gamers now lololololololol”

This is all you will see in Tanaris by the way so you have this to look forward to
“LF 2 warriors ZF cleave must have ravager 90090909090xp hr”

I can’t get a group as a rogue, it’s not happening I can spam chat all day saying LFG but i’m not going to get invited because I’m not efficient SUCH AN AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE!

This version of the game is the best advertisement for Pservers.

3 Likes

Can. You. Not. Read.?! Try. Again.

havent run into noteworthy issues with my grps on Shazzrah as a healer so far. Had a group earlier that was like “EYYYY, LETS PULL 10 MANA BURN CASTERS AT OOOONCE” but after i talked some sense into them with that they proceeded to do reasonable pulls and it sped up following runs even.

buuut on the other hand… i am creating my groups myself…so i decide what to bring (whatever, just be at a level that you can hit the mobs)

2 Likes

This is how it was in vanilla, people seem to have this romantic view of “Vanilla”
You were bad at vanilla when it was out, that’s it.
I ran spellcleaves in vanilla it’s nothing new, you either didn’t play vanilla or forgot it ((((or or or you didn’t understand/care)))))

2 Likes

No it was not

2 Likes

It sad to hear that you cant find a group with similar interests. I myself don’t enjoy aoe runs, one or two here and there but not aoe grind thats for sure (speaking from a position of a single-target spec Mage).One thing that you’ll probably have to do is focus on finding mates, even if it’ll eat most of your time. Maybe try to specifically search for low-levels who would be attracted to the idea of visiting dungeon early and simply wont have to chance to Aoe without instant wipe. And stay away from SM. Ppl grind it not for the sake of doing it fast alone. Scarlet has one of the best gear for its level bracket. And yeah, Ive read about you searching for groups for a 5-hour without success, but, really, its hard to advice something in your situation other that “try to form your own group”. This mentality wont change on a whim, unless Blizz will make tune dungeons to be way harder.

1 Like