On verge to stop playing classic due to cleave groups

Btw If you are dps and just spamming LFG well you can’t find a grp easly. That was the same in vanilla. You should make your own grp.

I just joined once a aoe farming grp (not for xp farming just for a item) and it was lile cringe feast. Thank god i got the item at first run and left.

In the other hands all my dungeon runs are very social and fun. In classic and in pservers.

Forget dungeons. Even in long chain quests I got the same experience. Like elite quests in arathi highlands.

I can, what’s your point?

I do agree Cleaverunners are annoying (as the 90% of world chat is just them spamming) but they’re temporary issue. I still manage to find groups for normal runs no problem and the cleaverunners ultimately hit desired level and they stop. They’re the one who rob themsleves of classic experience with their “ME MUST HAVE ALL NOW” mentality. They’re the one who gonna stop playing wow sooner and let the rest of us enjoy. I aint even mad.

3 Likes

I’m hoping that once the majority of the power levellers have reached their goal they will move on to the next fad their streamer crushes have told them about.

6 Likes

Because the more people who do cleave and aoe groups, the harder it is for me to make regular groups?

Is this not even obvious?

Its the concensus of today, you are pretty much required to outlevel the content.

Ppl just like it easy, and probably 70% of all ppl in Classic are retail players; so the mentality is not a surprise.

1 Like

There’s two people doing those dungeon grinds. People trying to get to 60 before other hardcore guilds and people who won’t survive Classic.

I dont mind the former and feel sorry for the latter

Lol I am a mage and I’ve been in 1 “aoe group” which was a single SM Cath run, no clue how you can’t find normal groups!

1 Like

To be fair I think the cleave groups take longer to form so they are spammed in trade/LFG for longer. So everyone has seen it spammed.

1 Like

From what little i’ve seen, pve server seems to be much less of this mentality… glad i decided to level up one char in pve and one in pvp realm.

Not in my experience. I can get 3 mages and a priest in less than 3 minutes while forming a normal party with tank etc takes like 10 minutes.

1 Like

Oh I made that assumption because it seems that some people don’t get responses fast; probably from their repeated spam then:p

Hoping the people who came back to classic for everything beyond just the leveling to 60 will become the majority after a few months. OP, I am sure eventually you will get groups without issue, but it might be in time for your alts rather than your main (my situation too most likely)

2 Likes

Looks like you didnt read the OP.

He’s saying this didnt happen in private servers

3 Likes

I don’t think the private server part matters. It didn’t happen there because the exp was worse, there was lots of people who would have done dungeons alot more often if they were a decent grind option.

But I think there is a decent percentage of players that do it because they do not enjoy the experience of levelling traditionally. They will end up with issues though because pretty much all farming; gold, rep, professions etc is that traditional grind they seem to avoid.

I start to enjoy doing dungeons from ZF onward but if I had been part of a hardcore raiding guild in ND or LB then I may have planned with them to get to 60 as fast as possible. Probably would have practiced those cleaves in private servers after hearing about the beta. :wink:

1 Like

no idea what you are on about.
im on Shazzrah and absolutly cannot confirm this. Even as a primariy healer, i sometimes get asked to dps and i have not been in a single “cleave” labled group that was designated to be one of such. The two grps that ended up being some today only happened to come into existence by pure coincidence because i just invited the people who first whispered me, which happened to be two warriors to the shaman i was in a group with already because friend and stuff.

I play on Mograine Horde.

It has become an absolute spamfest in trade chat, groups lookinng to cleave through SM. I honestly don’t get as much annoyed as the OP, as I try to enjoy the game by my own standards, but (having experienced vanilla) it does make me a bit sad that we’re playing classic and people are missing the point.

It troubles me to say that retail mentality is affecting classic community.

6 Likes

GUYS I JUST FOUND AN AMAZING WAY HOW TO GET RID OFF CLEAVERUNNERS

i simply put them on /ignore as they’re clearly people i have nothing in common with

6 Likes

My favourite moment so far has been when me (druid tank) and a paladin healer started a cath group and a mage joined and asked “you tank and healer?”, then when we both said yes he just said “sorry gtg” and left.

2 Likes

On PvE Nethergarde Keep it’s kind of sane. Yes, people are trying to make farm/whatever groups for SM then ZF but it’s not dominating other things. ZF is pretty good at tempering wannabies as few bosses can quickly clear underleveled wannabies rushing it.

Even if the exp would be lowered for instances then some would still do it. But at some point 99% farm wannabies will look around and see lots of people 10-20 levels above them not doing it and even having a good mount etc.