It has been hinted by BellularGaming that the factions may come together in patch 9.0.
Consider this as speculation purely as I may be proven wrong, as Activision Blizzard already stated they believe the two factions to be core of the game.
That brought something similar in my mind from LoTR: the One Ring.
From Wikipedia: One Ring
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.”
Which in WoW would translate to:
“One faction to rule them all, one faction to find them,
One faction to bring them all and in the light bind them.”
That would be hinted to Anduin.
As we know he is set to rule for many years to come and having Velen by his side.
But where is the Horde ?
My gess: it’s now part of the Alliance.
Here’s what I gathered from the forums, during this months, player opinions:
- Burning of Teldrassil, an act written to be as shocking as possible.
Alliance players wrote many times, only the dismantling of the Horde could be the solution, for BfA.
My guess: it was intended that way.
An act described as Horde going too far, for the second time after Theramore, there will be no third time, in the narrative, this time, Anduin will rule the Horde as High King.
Baine is his personal friend, Anduin went as far as rescuing him, risking Jaina and Shaw.
Saurfang, should had been killed by the Alliance soldiers, but Anduin didn’t allowed it.
Because he wanted to know if the Horde is still worth saving.
Remember the lost Honor cinematic ?
He asked him, questions many of us would deem silly:
“At Lordaeron you had the chance to take my life, maybe end the war.
Why didn’t you killed me ?”
“I spared you because i believed you have Honor, was I wrong ?”
I think by now everyone: Alliance and Horde players can agree on one thing: Saurfang being hypocrite.
He knows that, that’s why he wanted to throw kill himself twice.
None likes being a hypocrite.
But now my question is: why is he being written like this ?
My guess: It is meant to be that way, a character with conflicting emotions, between the Warrior Horde that drank demon blood, slaughtered woman and children and the more honourable, the shamanistic Horde that was ignored, during Gul’Dan rise to power.
Sylvanas reminded him of the Warrior conquering Horde, with her arguments, why the Horde needs to wage war on the Alliance and win.
Many Horde players stated he was responsible for Malfurion getting away.
Had Malfurion died and the plan would had succeed.
But that plan was never meant to succeed, because that’s not was meant for BfA.
The Horde will wage war on the Alliance, but they will not succeed.
Zekhan reminded him, that the Horde needs him, in Undercity
Anduin told him he can’t stop Sylvanas, not alone, it his responsibility as a Honorable Orc to help him clean up Sylvanas’s mess.
Now we have two Horde characters siding with Anduin: Baine and Saurfang.
All related with the Honorable Horde.
Because Honor is also something that is engraved in the Alliance.
That’s what allowed the Horde and the Alliance to work together in the past.
Let’s analyse the measures taken in the past, from Warcraft perspective:
All out war, with one faction being decimated and the other becoming victorious.
That was done during the first, second war and ended with the alliance going to the other side of the dark portal.
Results: Gul’Dan sold his people to the Legion in exchange for power.
The Orcs were bound to not succeed from the start.
A new Horde was born under Thrall after he fled imprisonment, under a more Honorable banner and cooperation with different races.
My conclusion: This method has been done and tried and failed, because it didn’t prevent the Horde of being reborned.
Cooperation, the two factions remain independent, with border conflict.
That was tried by Varian and Thrall.
But the coming of a third force that ultimately would break the state of cold war between the two factions always emerged.
Arthas scourge army and the Legion army.
Loss of armies and many valuable characters like Dranosh Saurfang, Bolvar Fordragon, Varian and Vol’Jin.
Upcoming of all out war afterwards with retaliations, caused by misunderstandings like:
Wrathgate incident and the retreat from the Broken Shore by the Horde leaving the Alliance behind.
Old Gods manifestation.
My conclusion: This method doesn’t work either.
One faction, like we have in real life the UN.
The Alliance integrates the Horde and Anduin is the High king.
My conclusion: This would show that the story is progressing form a state of all out war in the RTS games, to the cold war in the MMOG, to the end of all out conflicts between the Horde and the Alliance.
As I see it, this would be the answer for the community many complains, because it was meant that way, by the writers, we all complain about it:
- Sylvanas going villain mode: Pyromancer from Youtube stated that it was done on purpose, all according to her plans, she wanted Elune to come and aid the Night elves.
Assuming he was right, than even Sylvanas is making things change from the current two faction systems to something else. Which than proves her supporters were right, but not the way they expected.
- Baine being close friends to Anduin.
- Saurfang regretting his actions and helping Anduin.
- Jaina helping Baine.
- Thrall coming and talking things with Jaina and regretting everything.
He needs someone to take care of the Horde.
Garrosh showed that Orcs are too violent.
Vol’Jin was irreplaceable, the Horde needs something that can provide stable government, even if the leader dies and the Horde can’t do it, but the Alliance can.
One good ruler dies another comes and another and another.
Example: kill Varian and Anduin comes, kill Anduin and another will replace him.
Never changing anything, regarding the Alliance.
- Anduin caring about the Horde more than his own faction, the Horde is about to become Alliance as well.
- Lor’themar speaking to Jaina.
- Calia Menethil turned in to a Undead of the Light, she his the rightfully heir to the throne of Lordaeron, now turned in to a holy undead.
- Teldrassil as something that can’t be healed, or forgotten, something needs to be done to the Horde.
- Christie Golden loves Anduin as a character.
What better way to end the next expansion as Anduin the ruler of the new Alliance, this time made by all Horde races ?
- Evil is never allowed in Azeroth to persist otherwise we would be ruled by Gul’Dan as Horde players and Sargeras would already triumphed against the Alliance and Night Elves with Arthas as his champion, Archimonde and Kil’jaeden.
- It’s easier to write a narrative for one faction than two, I think this is the most important aspect of all.
Did any horde paladin felt integrated in the paladin order hall quest in legion ?
Lady Liandrin was there, but the rest of the characters were all humans.
- No more overpowered faction stomping the other.
- Method and the best guilds can now recruit the best race/class combos.
- It makes no difference if you are Horde or Alliance, because they are one faction everyone can apply for the best guilds.
- Free for all pvp like the Dalaran sewers in Legion.
- Faster BG’s, LFR’s and LFD’s.
That’s my thoughts.
It’s just my theories based on speculation and yes they may be proven wrong.
What’s your opinion ?
Thanks for your attention.