One Horde. One vassal. One Azeroth

WARNING. This is a big rant, so don’t respond, if you have nothing to say about it. Farewell.

So now that blizzard finally stopped pretending to care anymore, and moved Sylvanas into full villainy after killing Saurfang, we know multiple things.

They lied about this xpac not being MoP.
They lied about Sylvanas not becoming Garrosh 2.0.
They lied about no another SoO.

They created a copy of another, already controversial addon, and made it much worse than the original one. Alex Afrasabi holds a grudge on Metzen for ousting Garrosh so I am not surprised by this. The total conclusion of this anti Horde community coded war campaign can easily being summarized.

• Horde is not allowed to have critical characters that are angry at the Alliance for whatever reason, so they kill them all off in raids to keep the male human paladins players happy and self absorbed. Meanwhile the Alliance is unharmed. Identify and character wise.

• blizzard will always use the big and great Alliance for the A plot while keep destroying the Horde internally during the B plot.

• all of orgrimmar bends the knee after the funeral when Anduin announced his leaving. So it is safe to say that the “muh horde” is nothing else but a vassal state bound to sulk up to the Alliance forever.

• Zandalari won’t get their revenge and Golden fanfiction Christie might destroy Talanji soon too. Afterall poster girl Jaina needs more friend to be sad about her dead father.

• Forsaken officially have it worse than the Night Elves now. They stand for nothing. And with Calia incoming the worst may yet to come.

• the scapegoating of Sylvanas made the horde lose their last actual interesting character that isn’t a Baine like personality.

• total horde character death and departed toll so far. Cairne, Vol’jin, Saurfang, Dranosh, AU Durotan, Garrosh, Ariok( disappeared), Nazgrim, Zaela, Rastakhan, Gallywix(he isn’t showing up again and Gazlowe got heavy focus for no reason), Sylvanas(never saw a worse character assassination for the sake of plot).

All in all. From a meta pov. The Horde narrative is officially dead. There won’t be new stories or any build ups. Just a slow death. Our puny and tiny mortal leaders serve no business for the A Plot. So we will be continued being ignored like on Argus.

Congratulations Blizzard. After 15 years wow plot, you finally managed to get rid of the annoying red team, that stood in the way of a story about anime characters, with super powers who want to safe the universe.

Classic seems like the way to go indeed considering the retail plot is now stuck in an end. GG

18 Likes

dabs in self-absorption

16 Likes

Ok, and? The Alliance narrative has been dead since MoP. I’ll admit that some moments like Varian the Chad’s heroic sacrifice in Legion, Manduin in the BfA trailer, or Jaina at the beginning of BfA revived my pride in the Alliance, but that’s about it.

Wait for it…

“No dude, don’t you see Alliance bias? I mean, Battle of Dazar’alor, vulpera, Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0. No dude. Blizzard is biased towards Alliance.”

dabs in self-absorption

Reported for being a male human paladin. I am SICK and TIRED of the privilege you have.

11 Likes

i hope in the next expansion we raid blizzard hq and in a shocking reveal the final boss is the activision ceo

that’s how bad the story is right now that even a humor expansion like that would be a step up

5 Likes

It’s not that they ended the Horde… it’s that they resurrected it… Again. After putting it through the same conflict… Again… After writing the same storyline for it again, and making grand cinematics as if this boring old nonsense wasn’t something that we already played through twice.

This whole expansion from Old Soldier to Reckoning was a heroic Horde story… except you know we already had that: ‘Is the Horde just a bunch of brutes, or are we heroes who deserve a chance at life?’ That’s literally how Thrall’s Horde was formed… then Garrosh came along and we were like 'Is the Horde just a bunch of savages, or do we deserve another chance at life?’ And then we had the post-MoP Horde resolution… and now they did it with BfA again ‘Is the Horde just a bunch of monsters, or do we deserve an honorable life?’ … And Blizzard took a whole expansion to come to the same conclusion, in the same story they already wrote twice before. So. Boring. Jesus Christ.

Blizzard care about the Horde which is why they glorified it through the entire expansion through so many cinematics, which is why they wrote the literal third soul-searching-identity-crisis storyline for the Horde… the issue is only that they can’t write anything else for it, apparently (I mean hey, at least the Horde does get some storyline even if it’s the same thing rehashed over and over).

Apart from that, yes I agree that this expansion was a total letdown. There wasn’t a single part of this faction war where I could cheer ‘For the Horde’… the whole ‘Sylvanas death cult starts a genocide and loses like an idiot’ flavour of the expansion ruined the Horde-ness of BfA from the start. But you know Blizzard will argue that ‘it’s not the same’.

This isn’t MoP because there were no Pandas!
This isn’t Garrosh 2.0 because it’s the Lich King 2.0!
This isn’t another SoO because there was no actual raid!

Much morally grey, very story, such wow. :laughing:

8 Likes

I don’t think either faction has it good. But yeah, the Horde should be finished at this point. Only the will of convoluted story development could keep it together at this point.

At the end of MoP, the status quo was that the Horde was the underdog (which made sense after the civil war). It would have been interesting to see them recover from this position, to once more challenge the Alliance under the leadership of Vol’jin.

Varian should have died. Because his attitude towards war and the Horde was largely shared by the more vicious races of the alliance; the night elves and the worgens. Anduin’s diplomatic nature would then tear at the alliance, which would make their situation all the more interesting. With a disunited alliance, the worgen and/or night elves should have struck the first blow in BfA, not the Horde. Vol’jin would then be a defender and Sylvanas could’ve continued being a schemer in the Undercity without the Forsaken losing their identity. Anduin and Baine could’ve continued striving for peace and the status quo could’ve been normalised.

… but that’s just my opinion. Killing off Vol’jin = biggest mistake WoW ever did with their narrative.

13 Likes

who cares about vol’jin he wasent even a true successor to the horde’s legacy :wink:

That’s because the moment he became warchief they decided to create an expansion* revolving only around Thrall. So much lost potential. In my opinion, Thrall didn’t really have much story value left after he became green Jesus. Should’ve killed him off instead.

*WoD was a narrative disaster and should never have been made, though.

[Edit] I may have missed the sarcasm in your post. I just recalled Saurfang saying something stupid like that.

3 Likes

Can’t tell if this is a bait thread or not.

2 Likes

Horde has it trash tbh and if u think that detracts from the alliance having it trash too then u = a fink and probably a pinkerton too.

1 Like

Aliiance isn’t getting trash. Their internal structure is far too strong and stable for that. Alliance constantly gets nice toys and candy extra. That’s a fact.

2 Likes

Tbh, Erevien could rant a stone wall to death.

6 Likes

Worse. He is so annoying and repetitive that he could turn Sylvanas into a pacifist.

8 Likes

Well that would move her out of the immediate danger zone. Worth a try.

6 Likes

Regardless of how spiteful it may read, the OP has a point with most his arguments.

The overarching story for BfA is still one that validates most of the arguments against the Horde i’ve been seing for some time.
Down to the point of villain batting half the faction under Sylvanas, and making the other half under Saurfang be apologetic towards the blue side, even going as far as bashing the whole idea of “Horde faction”.

Yeah, Blizzard did a piss-poor job in the end. But still, the underlying message is all about validating the Alliance.
We wouldn’t be villain batting Horde warmongers so hard, while openly siding with the Alliance ones, if it weren’t.

Again, not saying that it was all peachy for the Alliance (specially with guys like Anduin and the Night elf treatment). But the Horde problems seem simply worse and, most importantly, a thousand times more systemic.

You don’t have the two paragons of the Alliance downright disavowing their faction.

6 Likes

I didn’t even bother reading his arguments because they have been debunked a thousand times. I didn’t read yours either.

That’s the spirit. Do not let the whole concept of “forum” or “interaction” bother you. :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Precisely. If I wanted to interact with brick walls, I’d just stare at the brick walls I have in my room.

1 Like

I think where most people have a problem with this thread is that it just feels like a secret “Alliance hate” thread.

He has points sure but he losses so much of sympathy when he over-exaggerate, dismisses and contradicts while also seeming hypocritical of what he is putting and doesn’t apply that to both sides.

The faction war story sucked for everyone and no side was left untouched. The fact that people think that there is some sort of bias to either side in any way pisses me off lol.

2 Likes

I disagree with some thinks you wrote,
The Horde bend the knee towards Saurfang not Anduin.
Sylvanas was full villain from the start.
Storywise Horde is not divided Saurfang crossed the gates of Ogrimar hailed by all the horde.
The plan was for players to choose Vol’jin and Thrall’s Horde not the Scourge Horde.
I don’t think they lied about anything.

2 Likes