One Horde. One vassal. One Azeroth

While I am still not a fan of BfA and it’s story neither of your statements here is right or a given fact for now. It’s not exactly MoP there will probably either bei a non believable redemption arc about Sylvanas or we will figure out that the day she was “revived” at Icecrown she brought back some spooky stuff from the other side.

And Sylvanas is not exactly Garrosh… she is well for now more hoka bonka in the head. He was a racist and obviously painted black, she is a maniac who manages to maintain a loyal fellowship even now, not only ingame but also amongst the players.
One might even say the narrative does to the playerbase what it does to the characters in the world.

Just to have that said: I am being happy and selfabsorbed over here ^^
(Meanwhile I still hope the entire BfA gets retconned for being unlikely to happen to begin with xD)

Schadenfreude it is then. Kay.

Only out of spite and players being sick and tired of blizzard dragging them through the same stuff repeatedly. I dare to say without classic servers the horde fans would just unsub on the spot.

More like stare at the mirror…

Blizzard tried very hard this expac to make Sylvanas an enemy of the Horde…

Two, ha ha

I just don’t understand, if they wanted Alliance vs Horde, why did they not give us a war for resources, famine, a war for survival where they wouldn’t have to create villains out of nothing.
It would mean more espionage, guerilla wars, multiple factions involved and multiple heroes playing their role and evolving.

The whole ‘sword on Azeroth’ -> precious azerite -> crap epic necklace -> crap faction war -> crap enforcement of Sylvanas as the evil -> crap portrait of Andiun the christ saviour -> crap Baine etc etc is just a series of bad decisions and writing, but good GCI (at least).

It feels sooo refreshing playing Classic as a pleb where the world is free of the taint of so many expansions. Where your super gear appearance is CRAP.
In retail, we have saved the world from the worst of dangers and evils and we are now struggling to discover new enemies it sucks…some sort of clean reboot is needed on the lore

7 Likes

While you might be right for some I think you clearly overestimate the situation.
Some people are loyal to her just because they are loyal and not out of spite. Some people even enjoy being the bad guys.

And for the Schadenfreude part, I am merely replying to you hating on us lightdwelling peacelovers :slight_smile:

Yeah what you dont get is that unlike the gameplay, in lore not everybody gets out of it alive.

In Chronicles 3 for example when fighting Hakkar (the Horde vanquished him in canon as Chronicles says btw) it mentions how those poisoned by him sacrificed themselves and let him go on a feeding frenzy to use his own poison to kill him.

Since there is no release spirit in lore it is hinted that out of that “raid” lets say of 20-25 people, only 2 made it out alive.

So yeah the tittles of “Vanquishing Evil” and “Sealing the Dark Titan” arent much to a surviving Veteran when all their allies died brutally.

Its idiots who believe everything they play to be canon to themselves that think as you do.

3 Likes

Because making that interesting and egaging to the average player would take writing talent and so it’s just easier to rip off anime and go the “power of friendship levels you up” route.

Man thats depressing, I’ve got this idea now of some poor sap who has been in every raid lorewise since mc/vanilla. Hes watched countless raids of friends and comrades get wiped out over the years and hes been the only one of a small group each time standing. The poor sap would have PTSD on his PTSD by now. He or She would literally just be reduced to some poor sap gibbering in a corner after all of that. Either that or just going screw this I’m taking up farming.

And for bfa even keeping event(tree first over undercity and it burning) way better if was more like brokenshore,it burns but wasnt on purpose(like due azerite exploding in middle of conflict) while alliance thinks it was.

Its a cruel cruel World(of Warcraft) my friend… but yeah for every villain vanquished there’s been an army that was meat-grinded on top of that Villain, which would also make it easy to understand why some cherish Peace so (like Anduin) and why others are literal Warmongers, cause War and tragedy is all they’ve known their entire lives (as far as lore characters are concerned)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.