One more chance to get Mage Tower appearances

Hi everyone. I recently started playing the game but I know that the Legion Mage Tower appearances are not available to get anymore. However, as a new player, I really want them because I feel like they are beautifully made, at least from each class’ point of view, and it’s quite a sad piece of news that players, especially new ones like me, don’t have a chance to get them. Regarding the idea that they would be probably “less prestigious” if more could get them, I don’t feel like that’s the case because they are even now, in BfA, very popular among players. In this regard, I initiated a petition for a last chance to get the Mage Tower skins on World of Warcraft. Feel free to support my initiative if you agree.

3 Likes

Petitions violate the forum guidelines. Also your title is a bit misleading which is also frowned upon. I’d suggest you edit it if you still want some discussion or just delete it otherwise.

If you simply want to gather attention you’ll have to use a different platform for that.

The thing is that you don’t think they’d be less prestigious because you don’t have them so it doesn’t affect you in a negative way if you could get them now, but the players who have them would think they’re less prestigious since it does affect them negatively. Partly why they’re popular even in Battle for Azeroth is just for those reasons; because they’re prestigious, limited and now unobtainable.

I’d, personally, be fine to reimplement them if the challenges were changed to gear scaling and to a static item level so you cannot outgear it to make sure it’s actually a challenge all the time and you have to progress and learn the fights properly to succeed.

4 Likes

I am also fine with an option where you can get one color and let the other three be unlockable and, thus, prestigious for the players who have it since legion

1 Like

Appearance and colors are quite a bit different: my interest would drop by a great deal even if I still had some colors others wouldn’t be able to get. The appearance is the main point of these weapons. And like said before, the weapons are cooler because they’re prestigious. Some of the coolest transmogs in the game are limited by the fact that you see every other person with the same transmog.

And these prestigious and limited-time rewards make up such a little % of all the stuff available in the game that we really don’t need to make some of them obtainable again.

the problem is this

Classes lost alot of things they did have in Legion to now and others gained stuff since Legion.

if they re-released them, they’d either be a Joke in challange or overtuned massively for the class in todays iteration.

its not possible for them to easily Adjust every fight to work with todays Designs of classes, espically knowing that every expansion will reintroduce the problem and they’d want it readjusted again for a re-release.

I assure you it’s not my intention to violate any forum guidelines. However, I try to “fight” for something I want and propose some solutions. I don’t think I am the only one who wants them, and at the same time, I know there are players who don’t want a new wave of players with Mage Tower challenge appearances so that theirs’ can feel more important. I came with this initiative because in the past, in WoW, there were items that were gone with an expansion and came back as recolors, replicas, or stuff like that, and I think in this situation can happen the same.

If you get the mage tower apperances, then there is a whole lot of other removed mogs that should also be brought back.

The mage tower apperances are one of the very few removed mogs I have personally, but I am not requesting all those mogs I didn’t get, to return. You get some, you lose some.

Imagine doing Mage Tower with Twilight Devastation

1 Like

“you are also fine with”

My guy, you are in no position to even make a statement that’s this close to a demand

No no no. I don’t have any challenge tmogs and i would like to have them. I had no interest in any challenge modes so–> i didnt do it then so it is my bad. Let it be for those who did it when content was current.

There we go with another ‘i dIdNt GeT eM iN tImE bUt Im NeW aND i NeeD thEm NOw’

Anyway.
https://i.imgflip.com/2yvmo3.jpg

2 Likes

With my priest i manage to get all three mage tower skins but I would not mind if would bring them back in a modified version like the padaria sets

1 Like

I got all 36 mage tower appearances, just because I knew they were going to be gone. It cost me a lot of time, gold and planning to get all. I honestly feel if they reopen it with rewards, it will cheapen all the work i put in to get them while they were time limited.

3 Likes

Mage tower should be available the same way as timewalking works, it’ll still be a challenge, and you still have to work to get it. It’s dumb that some of the best mogs are unavailable for literally no reason at all. I wasn’t playing WoW until like the end of 7.3.0 finished and I didn’t know the mage tower even was a thing. I couldn’t even have known I would play a bunch of different classes and miss out on the transmogs…

Just bring the mage tower back using scaling and let people play it if they want.

1 Like

One of the last unique and enjoyable aspects of the game is owning a collectible that is no longer obtainable. As much as I understand an argument can be made for grand marshal and high warlord gear having an alternative way to be obtained, if you start a practice like that, what is to stop everyone from demanding similar actions. I personally regret not owning the pandaria challenge sets, the wod challenge weapons and probably most of all the elite primal glad for warrior and DK, but the thing is that exact thing is what gives them value and exclusivity, which as mentioned above, is one of the last things left in this game that a large percentage of the community can enjoy. Without going into too much detail I am strongly against this whether it’s about mage tower appearances or a green piece of cloth bracers from classic that is no longer obtainable.

1 Like

I have a lot of frustrations with mage tower appreances. I unlocked the tank mage tower appreance on this guy, but I don’t play him anymore, I play a druid and from what I see, all tanks had the same challenge.
It’s incredibly annoying knowing that my time invested in this guy during Legion went to waste.

1 Like

When you don’t play the game, you miss out on things.

I missed the Challenge Mode sets from Pandaria, and I really like that set but I’ll never own it. Alternatively, I have things that I achieved due to being active which many people complain about never owning - pre-patch/Anniversary mounts/pets, etc.

We can’t have it all, unless you’ve been playing religously from launch.

Now that you’ve started to play the game, you will unlock many appearances, sets, mounts and the things you really want now won’t even enter your thoughts by the end of the next expansion.

2 Likes

We dont need magetower apperances even if they look realy cool.
Just make Balance of power account wide.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.