Only 1 layer on pyrewood?

Wp in recreating dalaran lag as back in the day , can we now boldy step into 2017 and get a second layer ???

1 Like

Locked server with one layer and can’t migrate chars into from same account Pepega

1 Like

Also 97% alliance and somehow alliance can’t enter VoA

2 Likes

What the f*ck are you guys doing removing layers from this server? Are you trying to force people to Dragonflight? Get the layers back on, morons.

1 Like

Is it just today that there’s lag? I will say that it was…yesterday or the day before there was a good one second lag on everything, in the entire zone of Crystalsong Forest of course, not just Dalaran. It was about 11am and Dalaran was busy like it was the evening, so it might just be an influx of players logging onto Classic cause they can’t get on/having trouble getting on retail (/spits on retail).

All the people you see nowadays had been scattered across 4+ layers; now they all are crammed up on one layer.

As far as I understand, a new layer gets created automatically once the current layer(s) reaches its capacity. This may happen when there are enough people online in the same zone at the same time. It looks like people have already started to raid log, so servers don’t need to spin up additional layers.

I’d wager we’ll see more activity and layers with Ulduar release. Until then, you’d better stock up on herbs and ores, because their supply will go down as there’s just one layer for bots to harvest them on :slight_smile:

Ty for explaing smt that was explained to us since the day one of classic . And they have done the manual deactivation and activation of layers before , so it is not exclusively automated system . And with their policy of not speaking to anyone on forums , ess EU we can only conclude that we can go do smt withourselves and the lag on servers .

Id like to agree its auto too but last night ( 3/11/22) its was simply horrendous. so busy in fact in Dalaran that it took a guildy some 7 seconds to disenchant an item. and i refuse to believe this is auto layered, if its is the capacity needs looking at to switch to another layer. this cant be “working as intended” farming anything is now atrocious. mining nodes have on average at least 4 players ( bot’s) going for them

And now amazing 5 sec to open a mail , omg so much 2009 , should i also play Warhammer online to get the full expirience of old days ? Bring more layers you ********* ****** .

I would hazard a guess they took from WOTLK to Dragonflight as there were performance issues?

Took far too long to do a simple cooking daily this morning, sort it oooooout guys

It is even worse today. Click a vendor/portal/trade or anything in Dalaran and it is taking as much as 15 seconds for it to work. I couldn’t even withdraw items from my bank because of this.

Outside of Dalaran it was ok, Naxx was fine. But it seems there is only one layer… probably used more HW power for DF, they use Wotlk just for milking. No fixes, no lag-free…

What are you doing in Dalaran!? There is a scourge invasion going out. Get out there and start killing some Scourge scum!

3 Likes

playing the game

Well its reset day folks its 7:55am on reset day and were on a 1 layer realm ( even thought my addon clearly states were on a layered realm )

No doubt another day of Dalaran and the likes of Icecrown and Wintergrasp being overrun with the Bots thus making it a waste of tiem to try to farm ore.

thats what u get for playing “mega” faction :wink: , as for the issue with farming… in the words of the old roleypoley gods “git gud scrub” :wink:

hardly a mega faction though is it ?. like what 20k players ?

It’s ironic how probably decision made for absolutely unrelated reasons to megaservers actually does great to showcase the downsides of those.

You can’t fully recreate that unless you play on Pentium 4 or AMD Sempron, 1GB RAM, and some AGP slot GPU.
Problem is that WoW Classic wouldn’t even install on retro gaming PC since it have almost same system requirements as retail.