Opening Naz'jatar, neck level

For a less played alt, what level should the neck land at after opening Naz’jatar?

My neck ended up as level 35(?!), after I unlocked Naz’jatar. This sounds awfully low, meaning I probably forgot to do the prequest at Magni begore I started Naz, to raise the neck level of my alts based on my main(my neck was level 24 when I started the Naz questline yesterday).

The problem now, is that Magni seemingly don’t offer me said alt quest to raise my neck level.

Anything I missed?

I am really not looking forward to start as level 35. My other alt(s), where I did the raising the neck level quests before starting Naz, ended up with neck level 55 after opening Naz, I am pretty sure. My guilies that were online at the time last night, are reporting the same.

My paladin dinged 120 many months ago, but has been on the shelf until last night. I have 15 hours /played at 120. Any suggestions what I could have missed, besides the seemingly no longer obtainable alt quest at Magni?

I am fearing the Naz quest “bugged it” out, as I did the quests “in the wrong order”, but could be something I missed.

Speaking for myself I wish neck levels and essences were account wide, a solution to prevent abuse of the system is, if you did the emissary or quests that grants ap or even islands on one character, all your other characters will get gold since it has already contributed to the neck! I really want to play other classes, I cant bring myself to it tho.

3 Likes

Why did my other alt(s) get boosted to level 55 when opening Naz’jatar, where the first essence slot is available?

Why not my paladin?

What did I miss?
Where did it go wrong?

Wait I have no idea, my alt is at 50 lol I just assumed 35 was the only boost

1 Like

All my new alts got the amulet set to level 35 when reaching that quest, so that’s correct. I don’t know where you got the number 55 from. And the raising of amulet ilvl has been baked into that quest with mother as well, you don’t need to talk to magni anymore, you get I think 45 extra ilvl on top of the 2 ilvl per amulet level instantly when it’s set to 35.
It’s very fast to get to amulet level 50 from there, never took me more than 2 days. Maybe another day or two for 55. It only takes about 700 azerite to get one level when it’s that low.

Possibly because I boosted the neck level of all(?) my other alts before the latest patch, meaning I went to Magni and made him upgrade it through a simple quest based on my main’s neck level. I had 10 level 120’s that dinged pretty close to each other. I just happened to shelf them pretty much straight away, and my paladin is one of those I forgot to do the Magni boost with it seems(hopefully I didn’t forget on any more of my chars).

Shame if characters are at disadvantage to other alts that are played equally little, just because of 1 quest not done before a patch…

Oh well, remains to be seen how long it will take me to get the paladin the remaining levels to catch up with my other alts then, that are played just as little. I seriously hope I’ll barely notice any difference. I’m not an Azerite grinder, that’s for sure. My main got her neck at 63.

Picking up my alts now it’s pretty much what saved me from my approaching burnout this month. It’s pretty vital that they’ll feel progressable.

This part confuses me a bit. I don’t remember any quest where magni increased the actual artifact level of your amulet. It used to be that at certain points of reputation with the champions of azeroth he would give a higher ilvl to your amulet and that was account wide, but as I said that has been baked into the nazjatar intro quest which just gives all the ilvl increases at once now.

There was only a single neck level boost from quest which brought your neck up to neck level 35, given by Magni if your neck was lower than 35.

If you are doing content regulary on them (like doing emissaries) they should get up to 60 relatively fast. I cannot give you exact time sadly because all my alts beside the Alliance one I was doing emissaries on since 8.2 hit, and all of them are above 65 by now (I was only doing emissaries on one of them, and he reached 65 a few weeks ago.)

It was a quest where you went to Magni, first outside The Herart of Azeroth(in Silithus), then you raised the neck level twice iirc by having it empowered based on your main’s neck level/reputation. The last part happened inside the Heart of Azeroth, and there your alt would get “maxed”.

But yeah, it might be baked in. I am trying to progress the paladin as of now, and realized I did actually get my essence last night, even thought I thought it would unlock at level 55, so that makes it feel less a lot less bad. I guess I was a bit tired before logging last night. I honestly thought I didn’t get my essence because of the neck being stuck at 35.

You gain levels really fast if you play the game. My alt I recently played just to get the Bee mount now has a neck level in the 60s. I haven’t really done anything with her other than level initially and see both war campaigns.

1 Like

Some of the posts above are confusing so here’s a tldr of the neck level quests :

• Nazjatar introduction questline upgrade your neck to lvl35 if your neck lvl was <35

• The Champion of Azeroth rep offers you a few +10 or +15ilvl at honored, revered and exalted iirc although you may have to do a small questline to get it. This ilvl upgrade is account wide, you only need to do it once to receive it on all characters

• Every neck level between 35 and ~55 only require 1k azerite thanks to artifact knowledge

2 Likes

The game throws 55 at you for free essentially, it barely takes any AP after you get the 35 quest :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Since you upgrade neck only with 1k AP per level up to 55, that 20 levels from 35 to 55 goes very fast if you even remotely play that character. If you do not, then the neck levels shouldn’t worry you. But otherwise I have had a 35 to 55-62 dashing on few alts now just because we’ve had like handful of 3K AP emissaries which really is 3k+extra.

So do isles, emisary, few quests, and you have your neck 55+.

1 Like

Neck Levels: No.
Essences: Yes

The reason why i personally dont agree on the Neck lvl is because can you imagine one of your alts thats let’s say is 111, imagine it having 63 - 70 Heart lvl, it would be way to OP, not just that but i believe the max stam you can get from the traits currently is like 9%?, Correct me if im wrong!.

So imagine a tank with these 9% at lvl 111, No grp needed for dungeon at that point.

However
If it would be shared whenever the alt reaches 120, then Yes i do agree with you!, 100%

Just to clarification. Magni Silithus quests gave ilvl to neck NOT ap level. Only AP boost is the one to 35 if your neck is under it. Ilvl quests are baked in for newer quests now so when you go to Nazjatar your neck will be boosted to 35 and you get ilvl boosts same time.

There is no neck 55 boost. OP, if your alts are 55 it means you have played them to that level.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.