Outlook WOW Classic

Hi guys,

I recently started Classic and i am really enjoying it. My aim is just to slowly progress through the world and experience the game as it was back then.

However, that should include also the old raids once I reached 60 somewhen. Recently the following 2 points came to my mind and I dont want to be disappointed when I finally reach 60:

• Are the classic end game inis and raids viable for casuals who are not part of a progress guild? I surely can invest the required hours needed for the raid itself and read/watch guides beforehand etc. But I wont be able to raid many hours per week at certain dates as many guilds in retail do. I would just take my time and participate in a raid every couple of weeks basically if this is possible.

• Second, will raiding be possible after the release of TBC classic or will the classic realms then die out and wow classic basically becoming a wow retail overtime which is just shifted 10 years back with all the players migrating TBC --> WOTLK --> Cata --> …

Would appreciate if you can share your view on this, as I said, just to manage my own expectations and dont be sad if I get 60 once and no one is taking me to raids because I cant invest X hours per week regularly or just too many players gone for TBC.

Thanks guys!

Edit: playing on fire maw which seems to be the largest PVP realm in Europe.

1 Like

Classic raids/instances are very casual friendly. People even raid a lot in Pugs so you don’t even need a guild but i guess the experience can be quite nice with a guild…

All the classic forever players get on a classic era server so i guess there are still gonna be raids there. How active these era servers will be nobody knows…

I believe you will be able to join some PUG raids before TBC launches, but once TBC is here there is no way to know until populations settle down.

There are still PUG raids pretty much everywhere, many for MC and BWL, less for AQ40 and much much less for Naxx, at least on my server, but it seems the number of available raids is dwindling over time even though there is still a fair demand for them.

Summarizing, the sooner you reach level cap the more chances you have to see some classic raids, MC and BWL at least, maybe AQ40 too. Naxx is much more demanding though (not only for gear but for consumables as well), I think you would have to push really hard to get there before TBC launches.

1 Like

are we going to have fresh classic servers or just classic era servers ? I kinda want classic servers to be fresh

no fresh servers announced. probably just classic era servers… maybe ask Blizzard nicely xD

When I read the word “Outlook” I taughted it was about email :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey guys, thanks for the replies, sound good to me, im 28 right now, so we will see how far i get before TBC, hopefully i will find some buddies for raiding once i hit 60 :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.