Over 20 bgs played

… only one win. I never made a post like this before, but I’ve reached a new low. I just broke my personal record for worst win/loss ration in Battlegrounds.
One time (I forgot in which expansion) I lost around 13 Battlegrounds in a row. Now it stands at a flabbergasting 1/~22. That’s a 4% win ratio.
In every bg I’ve joined yesterday and today the Horde have out-damaged the Alliance massively. What is going on?
For the people who say win rate is 50%, I dare you to flip a coin and have it land Heads 20 times in a row.

9 Likes

One win per 20 BGs? Lucky you. I have maybe one win per 30 BGs as Alliance. I think i am done with Alliance this expac. Not worth my time. When i play my horde Priest i have no problem wining 2 BGs in a row each day. I don’t mind longer queue on horde as long as i get conquest for wining.
I really have no idea what’s wrong with Alliance this expac. We were never be so weak before. I used to win a lot in Legion and previous expacs as Alliance.

1 Like

I have the same experience the last couple of weeks, there are horrible days when you have less than 30% win rate ( for example I’ve played 12 games this evening and only won 3). Another problem are premades that I see in about 30-40% of my games (mixed Eng, Ger, French, Ru servers- non epic bgs).

But the main cause of this sudden decline of Alliance win rates is the removal of mercenary honor buff which caused horde players not to bother with alliance queues since they just aren’t worth it anymore.

1 Like

It’s nice to see some people agreeing with me. I expected to be hated on :open_mouth:
Anyway, it’s nothing to be happy about, I want Alliance to win more games! Blizzard, please put your big brains to work and fix this imbalance.

1 Like

I think that something can be done, for example a buff for those loosing more then 3 BGs in a row. So if you lose 3 BGs in a row you should get 5% bonus health, dmg and healing, stacking up to 4 times or until you win a BG, then this buff will disappear. So, if you loose 3 times in a row you get 5% bonus to your stats. With losing 4 times you get 10% bonus etc. With more people in your group getting this kind of buff you get more chance to win a BG.

1 Like

Huh that not such a good idea

3 Likes

:roll_eyes: this makes no sense whatsoever. Join at the wrong time and you get roflstomped by some +20% buffed players. Fun.

They better just fix the premade exploits (premade of more than 5). That’d fix half the problem.

I honestly fear there is no solution to this other than “communicate better and do the objectives”. Whenever I play as mercenary (as well as non-mercenary actually :stuck_out_tongue: believe me or not but Horde does not win in a 21-1 ratio, not the random groups at least) in a losing game, that is often the real issue regardless of damage/healing done. No communication whatsoever and completely ignoring the objectives.

However, one solution could be to let go of the factions in BGs and make mixed groups.

2 Likes

Mixed faction groups is interesting. Might kills the RP factor though.

I am entering unknown terrain here, so don’t shoot me, but is there a RP factor when doing casual BGs?

With mercenary mode already existing, you might be right.

I only lost to some german horde groups. But I never queue solo. I queue 3 players. 2x 2400 rating healer and me.

The ones I queue solo , I get 180k hp healer who want to gear up trough random bgs and we lose.

I played alliance for nearly a decade and never had that bad streak dispite queuing solo all the time

The worse streak I had is probably around 2/10 and other weeks I won more than I lost

Sure, I won more with the horde but perhaps only with 1/10 margin

If you get joke healers you will lose. Thats why I never queue without 2x 2.4k healers.

I never really needed that to win even though it probably would increase my winrate by a lot.

I guess it’s because I always do my best to win and have become good at adjusting my gameplay to everyone else while I look around where I am needed the most

Sometimes all you need to do is to give the rest of the group some hope by not giving up

1 Like

Outheal > outdamage on the bg. if your damage is low , but you outheal enemy you will always win. Never queue without healers on your team. Half of my btag is healers. My btag is became full again. And I remove dps players from btag frequently as long as I found nice healers to play.

outheal > outdamage remember that.

1 Like

In my opinion, outpds > outheal

Nah make math.

3500k-5500k damage horde team players. Healers are 15.000k per healer. You will 90% win with 2600k damage team. Because your players will survive every fight and kill them with 2600k damage.

I’m on around my 18.000th bg. I experience it everyday with bad dps players in my team.

I add good healers as btag. But I invite good dps players to community. Thats the reason.

The problem is how blizzard sabotage the alliance expansion after expansion with worst races, terrible game experience, and they even removed the mercenary buff, so horde have a large pvp community than alliance.

2 Likes

Horde still queue alliance. Last night deepwind gorge was 11 horde 4 alliance on alliance team.

But less than before…