Painsmith are you kidding me?

Normal Painsmith is literally harder than heroic SLG. WTF is going with Blizzard’s tuning, didn’t you have 8 months to test this? Isn’t normal mode supposed to be the “friends and family experience”? Tank gets bomb at exact same time as spikes and balls putting them in an almost impossible situation, never experienced anything this absurd in normal before.

Higher wipe rate on Painsmith than Sylvanas

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/28#difficulty=3&metric=fightwipes

6 Likes

Friends and family should kill everything the second day with no challenge? Whats wrong with dying a little? It makes it more satisfying to kill.

5 Likes

First Painsmith is kinda easy in normal. Even in Pugs. Second you haven’t even been a second in the raid and complain already

2 Likes

Can you stop spreading BS? The kill rate for normal Painsmith is almost 10x lower than all the previous bosses, and lower than Sylvanas.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/28#difficulty=3&metric=fightwipes

In heroic the wipe rate is 98.4%, harder than heroic Denathrius.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/28#difficulty=4&metric=fightwipes

With your ilevel you shouldn’t even be in normal because you outgear it, stop pretending like you’re good for clearing content you overgear.

4 Likes

Dude u cleared nothing ever and complain af xD And you do still normal for the sockets. Good that you have no clue at all. Go raid lfr

3 Likes

I don’t think a geek who overgears the content is a good source of opinion. Next.

And nor are you. If you dismiss his opinion then you’d need to give your own even less credence (like most others do).

3 Likes

I mean, we have 4 raid difficulties. The “slightly harder but still casual friendly” is heroic. Normal is storymode for self formed groups. The other bosses on normal reflect that. Painsmith doesn’t. If you want to have a seperate conversation that normal should be harder, sure why not. But normal isn’t harder and Painsmith is misplaced in the dungeon.

We all know it will get nerfed. The question is only if it’ll be this ID or not.

3 Likes

I’m interested to see this boss in Mythic difficultly. It is a real PAIN

I love the fight immo only think the timers are a bit off, then i think boss 2 - 4 - 5 can be alot harder immo they are a cakewalk tbh painsmith is a fun fight rlly

one of the hidden extra mechanics on heroic are the massive frame drops during bombs

I’ll agree the fight is a challenge on heroic, but normal should be doable even by pug standards. And honestly, I’m fine even with the heroic version. It’ll get easier with time and gear. If your group is too bad to do normal this week, try again next week. And the week after that, and so on. If this becomes an insurmountable wall then maybe LFR is more suitable to your needs.

1 Like

I thought it was pretty easy on normal. We did wipe a couple of times, but the mechanics are straightforward and simple enough when you know what’s coming. It’s actually a very boring fight and feels somewhat unfinished. I was expecting some adds or something during the intermission.

I did end up killing a few people on the first pull when I had the debuff thing and people were trying to get through the gap in the bombs :smiley: That was just slight panic and not knowing the mechanics well enough. It’s not something that I’d do again now that I know. As said above, it’s only the first week. It’s highly unlikely that this will be a persistent wall.

1 Like

Compared to the first five bosses, Painsmith is on another level. I wouldn’t be surprised when the boss will get a little nerf.

Nerf the health of the balls could make a difference. Also a bigger hitbox for meeles

Don’t get triggered by those elitist. You are right and they will tune it down for sure.

I agree as normal should be the family experience and normal denathrius was killed in my guild at the average gear level which was dropping there (200)

SoD normal is already on par with some HC bosses in CN.

1 Like

How is having 226 gear after a almost 9 months patch overgearing

1 Like

You are the most obnoxious dude on the forum, literally in every post giving the poster a hard time wtf is wrong with you?
Its like you’re paid from blizzard to be annoying and defend them in every argument LOL

2 Likes

he’s still right though. normal painsmith is quite easy since it doesn’t have traps, which make up roughly 99% of the difficulty on heroic.

I will admit that melee heavy guilds might struggle killing the balls, and on HC you kinda need a setup with heavy raid damage mitigation to deal with the burst of traps+hammer (yes, this obviously comes from the mistweaver)

2 Likes

What’s obnoxious about telling someone they need a little bit of skill or practice to kill a boss?

Or are you an overentitled person too and it hurts your feelies?

1 Like