Paladin -Reckoning

Can anyone confirm that Reckoning is or is not working correctly as it was in vanilla with the stacking effect? and no I’m not talking about the forced crit /sit, just the core storing up auto attacks ala reckbombing mechanic, I’m reading people saying all it’s doing now is resetting the swing timer

1 Like

Sitting to proc chance on crit abilities was a private server quirk and not part of the vanilla experience.

Reckbombs where absolutely part of the vanilla experience, I should know I got grand marshal off the back of it

4 Likes

I missed the “not” in that sentence, sorry.

Personally I went for deep Retribution for Grand Marshal.
A full set of 100 Fire/Frost/Shadow/Arcane resistance gear was more important to doing well in Warsong Gulch than my talents though. :upside_down_face:

alright…that’s good for you but it’s not answering my question.

1 Like

I cannot answer your question, so I reacted to the other part of your reply. :upside_down_face:

For how long did it actually work? Didn’t they hotfix it like within a day after someone soloed Kazzak, and that was soon after the Paladin talent revamp that allowed it to happen?

At the time the stacking part of the ability was uncapped which lead to the event of the “one-shot” kazzak kill, The hotfix was to put a cap on it to four charges as long as your auto-attack was off, The sit for crit was patched out at the end of vanilla but the basic mechanic of stored charges lasted till the revamped tree in TBC

I have try it several times and there are videos about it.

I dont understand if it work or not.

Your question is legit.
I was a rank 13 pally offi and rank 14 private and the 4 stacks were legit(both servers)

Now it seems that something doesn’t work.

No one is able to reply,it seems.

My question is your same question …i just want to know (from any blizzard employee)if it work with 4 stacks or not.

Some times it does,sometimes it doesn’t.

One thing:on my tests i noticed that rightneous work only on first hit,even if reckoning proc with 1/2 hit more

1 Like

u will only gain stacks if your autoattack is OFF.

if it is ON it will only reset ur swing timer , even if you are not in range of the target to attack it u will NOT gain stacks if your autoattack is ON.

That was the state it was in back in vanilla, Auto-attack had to be off, alright if that’s the case I guess it it’s not all doom and gloom, I’ll have to check my self.

Though this while “only two hits” is not vanilla, it was a simple, autoattack is off you stack charges up to four, then unleash them on next auto-attack that is in range and can hit a target, if you switch auto attack on and can’t hit you lose the charges

1 Like

it is even better than private servers in some cases, u just have to micromanage your autoattacks more.

I’ll have to check it my self, but after seeing the video, it seems to still be incorrect, you could save up four charges from cits if auto attack was off, this only shows a stack of two hits + the new hit

https:// i.imgur. com/PvraU0h.jpg (edited to post)

This was the classic Reckoning at full stacks the amount of saved attacks and hit at once

he gets a full reckbomb on some guy at some point in the video. 5 attacks

Another question guys:

Proc seems to be holded even if you die(when you release you still have your reckoning charge)

BUT!

it not work with sor, can you confirm it?

I tried multiple test and sor work only on first hit,not on other reckoning hit …this is ridiculous since,on official,wasn’t like this.

On vanilla it worked on every hit,even reckoning hit ofc

Yes it doesn’t and it’s not a bug (if i remember correctly).

No no no. Please, all this misinformation is killing me.

How Reckoning works is when you get crit, it sets your attack timer to 0 seconds for the next X number of hits.

This means as long as you are swinging, the next attack occurs instantly. If you were to get crit over and over and over, in short succession, you will attack really really fast.

You still gain “stacks”, it’s just that the stacks are unleashed right away.

1 Like

It’s absolutey does. Stop spreading misinformation.

Other things to note is you keep stacks through dying, you keep them while mounted, flying, and you can also put Blessing of Sacrifice on someone else, and gain Reckoning stacks when they get crit.

So you agree with me that should proc sor too?
I cannot understand why here doesn’t work properly

SoR behaves weirdly in Classic, the damage occur after the white swing damage and not instantly. That might be bugging it for Reckoning.

1 Like