Paladin -Reckoning

go slowly, i clearly said if I remember…

We should report this problem imho

I can confirm it does indeed work with SoR. The issue seems to be a visual bug related to the on screen combat numbers. If you check your combat log, all the SoR hits should be there.

Edit: Picture proof -> imgur. com /a/ CtKGpdG

1 Like

Hi, paladin reckoning is stacking correctly, however many actions such as mounting wipe your stacks.

There are ways to get aorund this and keep stacks on mount but it involves spell batching and i don’t really understand it although some very smart people could tell you how

This is incorrect. Mounting does not remove your Reckoning stacks, but that might get fixed at some point.

Edit: Typing on a phone is hard

Mounting does indeed wipe reckoning stacks, I’ve tested it.

Then I have to question your testing methodology as I currently keep my stacks after I mount.

gph.is /g/Z7DLxoB
Edit: Made a better and clearer gif.

I can’t follow that link. I let mobs crit me (standing, not sitting) and then mounted, when I dismounted I attempted to use reckoning, but the stacks had wiped.

I’ve seen other people have this issue too on forums

…Just copypaste the link and remove the space after “.is”. It’s clear proof that you do NOT lose Reckoning stacks when mounting. I have no idea how you supposedly manages to lose yours.

Edit: Words

Craghammer is right. Mounting does NOT wipe your stacks currently.

Okay so let me see if I understand. This is the first time I’ve ever played a paladin so there might be class mechanics I don’t understand which I think might be contributing to my confusion:

let’s say I have auto-attack enabled. My next attack still needs 2 seconds but then my reckoning procs, so the next attack happens instantly and resets the swing timer, correct? It doesn’t give me a hit without resetting the swing timer?

If that is the case, then how do I maximize my DPS using this? I’m talking PvE mainly right now. In the Rextroy video someone linked above, he says to turn off auto-attack. Why?

Your swing timer isnt reset. It makes the next attack occur instantly.

Resetting the timer would be if you had a 3 second attackspeed, with one second left until your next swing, then getting a reckoning proc and this set your next swing back to occuring 3 seconds from now.

How it works is, you have a 3 second attack speed, with 1 second left before the next swing. You get a reckoning proc and your next attack is occuring instantly rather than 1 second from now. Your next attack then occur 3 seconds after that again, but this isnt a reset.

By using the macro from Rextroy which disable your swingtimer after you swing, makes it so that if you get crit between two swings you will not be attacking instantly, but rather get two attacks on your next hit.

It makes you get more out of your Reckoning procs.

Well there are ways to retain reckoning when mounted, but if you don’t do anything special you lose it. Simple as

I guess that means we’re done here. I’ve posted a gif clearly showing me just mouting, then dismounting and still attack the mob in front of me with a total of 5 white attacks, yet you claim I should’ve lost the Reckoning stacks.

In the future I suggest actually testing it yourself instead of merely claiming to have done so. Good day

Ahhh okay this is what was confusing me. Because auto attack instantly begins the next swing, so if I get a reckoning proc it will be wasted on swing 2. If auto attack is off I can finish swing 1, use reckoning proc, and do swing 2?

I found using the stop attack macro didn’t do anything for me. I would get the rek popup 2 or 3 times from a crit. And my next attack would do nothing extra.

Either im just missing something or it’s very broken compared to how it was in vanilla.

I don’t remember it working this way

*Edit
Testing this now. Looking at my combat log even if im autoing and i get a reck proc i don’t get a single extra swing. Either with 2h or 1h and shield.

No extra damage no nothing.

If i get hit with a crit while im mid swing it resets and i get a fast auto. If i get reck prock while not attacking and then attack i just get 1 hit. No stacked up hit

Couple of things:

Reckoning always had a weird mechanical problem where even someone ridiculously experienced with it would lose stacks. I could never figure out why tbh, but it was predictable enough that I could use it during competitive PvP against classes who had relatively sparse crit rates. You could pop off a 2 stack or 3 stack for quick bursts of damage fairly predictably. There were also occasions where being CCed would wipe the stacks, but not predictably, so that could have been fat fingering.

In Classic WoW, on this patch, if you are playing Reckoning you should have an autoattack switch off macro attached to your Judgement cast, since Judgement does switch on autoattack

SoR’s late attack damage is actually its vanilla behaviour. That struck me when I was leveling to 20 - I distinctly remember that particular little mechanic from my time in vanilla and was always amused when a mob would die a short time after I hit it.

SoR doesn’t always appear in the combat text with Reckoning. Sulfuras’ proc had the same behaviour. It will always appear in the combat log.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.