Paladin-World of cooldowncraft

Hey.

Thats how the Paladin play has been felt for many expansion now. Even though it now actuallyt feels much fun to play for a long time, i still feel like i am too often waiting for a cooldown to finish on Crusader strike or that a proc hits on some ability so that i have something else than watching auto attack to happen.

Building up haste helps a bit, but its still not very cool. I think every spec needs a holy power generator like crusader strike with nop cooldown and also to have a shortyer cooldown on Judgement or to have 2 charges by default on all specs.

It just feels shame that a caster class feels much more active to play than a melee class like paladib, well we do have our holy magics but still, it would feel nice to actually have an illusion that its me swinging that mace or a sword instead of autoattack.

What lvl are you at? Ill assume you are talking about ret but at max lvl there is hardly any downtime between attacks. For all the faults i think the paladin trees have the rotation and dmg itself is good.

1 Like

I currently level a new ret paladin at level 25 or so. Its getting better but through leveling there is too much downntime for my liking, but i like a more active gameplay. Casters seem to have that better like we have spells like in warlock where we puit things up to have dot and basic offensive and defensive spells plus a couple of proc every now and then. I would like melee classes, especially paladin work a bit this way too like having different moves instead of spells if only for having a more visually pleasing gameplay.

But yeah. Generally damage is good and gameplay feels better than ever.

I also have alevel 59 and level 60 which are nice. Other is prot which feels best to play, There least downtime while ret feels still like i had to wait at times. Even having 2 charges at judgement would help. For that new one id like a holy paldin due rp reasons, but it lacks the offensive spells.

Maybe those downtimes just feel so long since im also used to play gw2 and eso where basically im doing something all the time. If nothing else then dodge. I wish WoW had a dodge.

You wont have that problem at 60+ no down time at all:)

When lvling this has been the case for paladin for several expansions and been my main issue with talent trees since they were announced. I feared they would do what they did, make talents out of the lvling ranks of the past.

Example Crusader strike having 2 charges, judgment adding debuff, lowering CD, adding dmg done etc and the list goes on. These were all ranks (upgrades) of the spells in the past you got while lvling, now made talents.

Paladins are very bare bones from the start, nothing new has been added for ages, old things removed or left to rot. Sometimes old stuff are given back but they have started to mold and didnt change with the rest of the game.

I dont play many other classes but im fairly sure most of them wont have to spend 3-5 talents per skill to make them feel impactfull… in the case of Crusader strike it never feels good to press, its just there when you have nothing else to press.

But yhea… rotation itself is decent at 60+

Damage is great, talent choice not so much. In both Mythic 0’s (lol) and HC dungeons I’ve been 2nd highest dps, the only pain is burst uptime plateauing during encounters requiring a high degree of movement.

Would I want more interesting talents- yes please, but I don’t think dmg is a problem. At least not from my limited experience so far.

Yeah. I think damage is good which in my perspective is, that things die quickly enough.

Talets could be more interesting though and i would also apreciate in all classes that the shared side of the tree at the left side would be same for all specs, but more meaningful option which in my case would mean damage centered option for holy and some more heal or tank oriented for Retri. I really like the talents. Its much better than it has been for the long time to have some point for each level at least and in some cases even more customisation, but id apreciate more versatility here and i am not talking about the stat. Rather being a reneissance kind of character that can do more thanb just one role.

But i would also like a more active paladin playstyule. Even at level 60 it still feels like in large crowds, i just have to stop and watch autoattack while waiting cfor cooldowns to finish where as a comparison, my frost mage and Demonolofy warlock do have lots to do all the time and the rotation nicely varies too depending onm the procs.

1 Like

Haste and Paladins are BFF’s

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.