Pasting Password into Ingame Shop

Please allow us to do this. The field currently doesn’t allow us to paste in text. It’s a PITA typing out my weird complex password.

It’s 21 century, secutiry > comfort. I doubt we can get both of these :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not secure to copy/paste passwords.

Plus a lot of companies block pasted passwords in order to block password managers (never did figure out what they had against password managers).

I remember well when users always used to say “Copy/Paste is safer than typing it”… Nope… the windows clipboard is easier to intercept than anything else lol.

1 Like

Safer to use copy paste with a password manager with unique password than typing directly a shared password so the restriction is kind of annoying and stupid.

At least for now you can use normal web browser for most purchases.

I understand the issue. However, this password field is literally the only place I’ve ever encountered that does not allow copy / paste of passwords. Even my banking website allows copy / paste, and my password manager has a copy function right next to its password. So… on my own head be it, as far as I’m concerned. Let me take the no doubt completely insubstantial risk.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.