Patch 8.3 Killed My Freesync!

After patch 8.3 my monitor started to flicker a lot, mostly in loading screens, even getting brief black screens and only disabling Freesync fixes the issue, wich is frustrating because it makes my gaming experience worse. It only happens in WoW, it was working nicely before the patch and it’s fine in other games, wich makes me suspicious that it is an issue with the patch.

I’m using Gigabyte Aorus CV27Q with Freesync2 HDR now named Freesync Premium Pro.

Best regards

I am having zero issues with Freesync. It’s working as its supposed to work in my case.

Therefore, while you may be having problems, it is unfair to say that the patch killed freesync, because it didn’t. Many others are using freesync without issue, including myself, and yours is the only report Ive seen of any freesync related issues.

That tells me the problem is most likely specific to your PC or monitor. Unfortunately I don’t know enough about graphics issues to make any suggestions.

Well you have a point there, I’ll change the title of this post, but on the other forum I posted I got 1 more reply saying was having the same issue than me.

Tried to install the previous driver on wich everything was fine to no avail, so yeah 8.3 killed MY Freesync :slight_smile:

When you tried to roll back the driver, did you fully uninstall the current driver using DDU first?

Im not using Freesync but Gsync and it still works, just saying.

Yeah I always use DDU for clean installs

I’m out of ideas then, sorry.

Fun fact: as of last night Battlenet app downloaded a small update and Freesync started to work again :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Anyway thank you for your time and trying to help me out, cheers :beers:

Glad to hear it :slight_smile:

Now go forth and slay the ugly Hordies ( just not my main :wink: )

1 Like