Pathfinder: Only good once

So… what do I mean? I mean that pathfinder was a good idea, however, there should’ve been either a new system or be updated.

How would you make a new system? I have no idea, that having been said though, I do know how it could be updated and improved upon.

So, I’m just gonna assume that most of us that has been doing it since Warlords of Draenor is quite annoyed with it, I know I am at least and I was already annoyed by it in Legion, however, I would’ve at least been less annoyed, maybe even appreciated it, if it tied into each other, what do I mean?

I mean that for example, the more pathfinder achievements you have, the less you have to do on the next one, for example, I have WoD and Legion Pathfinder, almost got BFA, so if I had let’s say WoD and Legion, which I do have, then maybe I would’ve just had to do friendly with all of the factions, 50 world quests, full exploration, that ties in nicely with the achievement and it makes sense to have it.

So why just friendly when you have 2? Because you’d have to do honored if you only had 1, this way new players have to work just as hard as we did from the beginning, and we who have played for a while earned ourselves some slack, because we worked hard on getting them already, and if the new players wants this bonus, then they can just do the older pathfinders and get the reduction as well.

“But Gerrian, that’ll be unfair for us who worked hard to get it when it was the full achievement.”, Yeah, that’s very true, however, with this, the next time around, you basically get it for free when it’s available, and you will continue to get it for free, depending on if this is how Blizzard wanna implement it, if at all.

This is my take on it at least, I’m so sick and tired to have gone from just buying it, to then suddenly having to do honestly way too much, but looking back at WoD, that one wasn’t too bad compared to today, however, the treasures made no sense to have with that achievement… but at least we got some loot out of it for our efforts, so it was a nice incentive.

“But we new players won’t get it as fast.”, Maybe not, but we’ve been here for so long, we’ve already put the work in, and we deserve some slack, and hey, you can reduce it too, just do the previous ones first… simple…

To me this is a nice simple way of making it less tedious, since the BFA one is more or less the Legion one already, and I hate repetition, especially if it’s tedious, which it is, just dreary… for me, it would only make sense with the exploration part, but I get it, blizzard just don’t wanna give it away, so adding more things to do makes sense in that regard, but again… after doing the same thing again isn’t fun, it isn’t intuitive, it’s just lame, dreary, boring and tedious…

I’m sorry for the wall of text here, I hope this comes through properly since I’m not a native English speaker… or in this case “typer”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.