Pc restarting itself whilst playing the game

Hi all, I am looking for some answers as to why my computer restarts itself when playing wow, it can happen at anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours+ of game time. My screen will just go black and my pc turns off and reboots without any indication, I have cleaned out my case with air and fans seem to be running fine…I have also downloaded the core temp programme and my CPU is not exceeding 50 degrees, I would really appreciate some help as stuck on how to fix this

1 Like

Hello Cult,

I see that you have tried some things already. Please go through these additional ones here as well.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

I would also check your PC’s system event logs.

Filter them by either error code 606 (SYSTEM_RESTART), or code 41 (SYS_POWER_FAILURE).

Code 41 would suggest that your PSU is getting old, and no longer able to supply sufficient power to the mainboard. This event typically happens when running a program that has high GPU utilization, as the GPU sucks down all the available power.

Code 606 could be caused by anything, but the error details should give some insight.

1 Like

Hi trovlak thank you for your help, I’ve checked for errors and all the critical events in the past month have been id 41 so it looks like you’re right, Thanks again