[PCU] Forsaken Loyalist RP - The Rotgarde 💀

Something something Lawson’s birthday.

We are finishing off our big event for the Slithering of Soggoth campaign this evening, and then will be back in Orgrimmar in order to rest our weary brains and look for the best of the best to join us.

Hope to see you on the field!

3 Likes

Yooo guys! The Horde was -obviously- victorious at the Slithering of Soggoth campaign and we are back to Orgrimmar! But no I am not resting, I don’t need that! I will be there guarding Orgrimmar as usual. \m/

If you looking to join the Queen’s finest come find us there. <3

5 Likes

I’m waiting for you guy’s next forum post: “[Forsaken RP] The Rotgarde mumbles something about pork and then takes a drink from it’s tea!” Truly riveting stuff.

5 Likes

Exemplar’s Log II – Orgrimmar, Valley of Honour

We’ve returned from Darkshore with our heads held high. It’s hard to believe that the Alliance turned tail day one. Truly a testament to the will and strength of the Forsaken people that even against the odds we have achieved victory so easily. With the Alliance on the backfoot, we may finally have a moment’s respite.

It seems that I am now in charge of training the Deathguard. Not exactly the promotion to Corporal I was after, but it’s a start. It’s vital to keep the Deathguard eager for battle and eager to impress. I’ll sort something out in terms of training soon. I believe I wrote about a boot camp before? I’ll do that.

– Matthew Lawson

8 Likes

Quartermaster’s Note I - Lawson’s Logbook

Lawson, found your journal. Didn’t say you could take this. I’m confiscating the remaining paper. The 13th’s Goblins have been complaining about toiletries.

– QM Hobbeson

5 Likes

[A note is left on the Rotgarde noticeboard.]

Hobbes, touch my logbook again and I will rip out your rib-cage.

– Matthew Lawson

4 Likes

[A noticed pinned next to Lawson’s]

If Exemplar Lawson sees fit to continue threatening his superiors, be sure to rip out his rib-cage instead.

-Corporal Ashemere.

7 Likes

[Lawson quickly rips down his note.]

6 Likes

High Executor,
On the 10th of the 12th month.

Me, Loyalist Hungaro, patrolled route red of Tirisfal Glades and guarded Deathknell the whole morning. Everything is under control and the refugees are safe.
During the evening I served in the Warfront of Arathi, under the command of the Arathi Basin battlemaster Black Bride, I led a group of magi from Hammerfall to fight at the Arathi Basin battleground, it was a victorious battle and we gathered the resources we needed for the next push to Stromgarde.

By making sure the borders of Forsaken territory were well warded, I consider it to be one more glorious day for the Forsaken.

Seven Kingdoms,
Loyalist Hungaro.
Third Tirisfal Queensguard.

Now some quick ooc “LFG style” recruitment msg:
Lfm to do AB in character /w me link achievement or no inv! lol jk no achievement needed just for fun, lets do some ic bgs /w me!

7 Likes

A foggy victory

[One could hardly see one palm forward, and Hungaro made sure to secure one more victory at the Arathi Basin. Allowing the gathering of more resources in favor of the Horde.]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/450996640891928586/523164578260058132/WoWScrnShot_121418_094954.jpg

From the Seven Kingdoms, One Great Empire!
For the Forsaken!
For Perroy!
For Sylvanas!

2 Likes

[Hungaro was crazy enough to travel north earlier just to make this trap, an image of a bridge nearby Westguarde was created. The magi who are good at illusion played a major role, while the rest of the Rotgarde protected them in case of ambush. The mission was successful]

[A confidential letter directed to Phillip Perroy at his office.]

High Executor,

The mission at the cold north was a success. Our magi did a great job making the bridge look perfectly believable and precautions to disguise our spellwork were made. I also took the liberty of planting several explosives around the area, thanks to our engineer Raven, the nearby area is trapped. Even though we got caught by a small group of Alliance patrollers, we managed to kill them all, leaving no witnesses.
In the end, took notes to point you out where exactly we planted the traps. It’s advisable to report the leader of each Horde military group to avoid this areas.

For Sylvanas, brother.
Archmage Hungaro.

2 Likes

Hello, party gamers!

I think I mixed metaphors there.

After a chilled time for the Christmas holidays, we’re now back up and better than ever. Events starting up this week - now’s a great time to fulfill your New Year’s Resolution of roleplaying more with the best on the server. : )

1 Like

His ashen crown was made of snow,

From where she stood, he seemed a prince. Ramshackled and crooked, with black eyes and cracked lips, but a prince nonetheless. Even his humble professions of the contrary — his accent mind insistence on his place as a messenger — did not dissuade the sight before her. The man, wrapped in shadows, spirit-bound his mortal frame, left out like a fruit gone past its date, bruised, yet still kept by for a later time.

In the darkness, his brown hair faded. She could see through him to see him, even though sense to such a thing eluded her. He was him, of course; there was only one of him, just as there can be only one of oneself, and yet … he seemed capable of making two with one, as if such a thing were possible. Tufts of snow matted his hair and made it wet, and his shoulders sagged, as if the weight of it pushed them down. She couldn’t make out what she was seeing, but she knew she was seeing him.

Tonight was a strange night. The shoveltusks had said so. The blood on the grass. The hops in the air. Did Strahnbrad feel as cold as it did tonight?

2 Likes

Seven Kingdoms!

1 Like

One glorious Empire!

The Rotgarde is back in Orgrimmar and recruiting as we plan more cool events and campaigns for our awesome and cool members.

And also Lawson.

2 Likes

???

don’t talk to me ever again

4 Likes

“Dismissed, Legion! Back to Orgrimmar - or stay here, if you wish!”

He decided to stay, at least for a little while. The last time he found himself in Thunder Bluff with time to spare… was too long ago to remember. People were always passing by. He was always passing by. Point A to point B, or vice versa, either through or over a city which others often viewed as primitive.
Maybe it were. It mattered little. Even in undeath the difference was obvious. The calmness of the plains stretching and rolling around the bluffs, appeared almost fluid-like when seen at the right angle. It infected him in ways few other things could, and cleared his mind of troubles as he was reminded that everything these inhabitants needed to live a good (if humble) life, was right here.

Perhaps all those years ago he had been anchored to this place without realizing. The days of learning the bow, learning the hunt, and the lazy evenings of fishing and simply being without demands or judgement, it all seemed to have left something deep inside which continued to rest until his return. Then it would dare sprout and spread its petals carefully, passing the serenity of the land onto him.

He accepted the gift with both hesitation and a sense of relief. Something important was still missing, however. That he was sure of. The tauren around him, although keeping their views to themselves, eyed him subtly wherever he wandered around their city. He didn’t need to catch them looking to know it, he was more than aware, but could not blame them. He would do the same.

The stalker left a briefly scribbled note on one of the boards in passing. Despite what the Sergeant had said, he would soon have to start making his way back.

Lor’tuk, Lor.

I don’t expect you to be alive, and I don’t expect you to find this. But if you are, and if you do, hit me up. We’re stationed in Orgrimmar.

Your old pal,
Grit

3 Likes

[A poster has been plastered across the local Orgrimmar war boards since the warfront in Arathi begun. It is addressed to any capable Forsaken]

Call to Arms: Arathi Basin.

Our enemies are stubborn in their quest to seize Arathi for themselves. We will never allow it to fall into their hands! We must keep fighting for the resources need! Take up arms, meet with Transmuter Akorus at the Cleft of Shadow for a portal and gather everyday morning at Hammerfall. Warding the borders of Forsaken territory is our duty.

For the Forsaken!
Archmage Hungaro.

4 Likes

[Hungaro’s voice echoing in gutterspeak through Arahti. Ready to lead the Forsaken and battle for resources at the Arathi Basin.]

“My brothers and sisters Forsaken of Lordaeron, be ready to move at any time! Gather at the entrance to the Basin. I wanna see complete dominion over the living! FOR THE FORSAKEN!”

5 Likes

[As Archmage Skabb enters the library in Kharnac, this time something different will happen. A purple illusion of her name will pop out in front of a specific book, the illusion slowly bounces back and forth and Skabb would easily understand that it is one of those usual Hungaro’s tricks to make her read that specific book. It is more likely to be something that Skabb already knows and the message is obvious, but Hungaro insisted in remembering. “Staffs are better than anything else” this was Hungaro’s ghostly voice surrounding Skabb as she approaches the illusion. Then, the book would magically open on a specific page, ready to be read.]

[Book cover]
The right weapon at the right circumstance
by JoĂŁo Viola

[Page 854 of 1004]

…
-Wood is the best conduit

Magic is essentially extra-dimensional energy shaped through mental processes and output by whatever you have available to channel it through. You can channel magic bare-handed but you will eventually have your hands burned and fall off. While the physics of magic aren’t quite known it does have definite damaging effects on living cells that channel it.

You can focus it through pretty much anything you can touch. You can send it out through your hat but hats are not very good as a focus object. You can send it out through a sword but metal is not a very good conduit and the magic comes through weak.

Through experimentation, the best conduit was found to be wood. Longer wood is better. Dead, dry wood is best and safest. The staff is simply the best magic conduit while still being easily portable.

We can play with the properties of wood to come up with effects on spell usage. Maybe a hardness test. The harder the wood, the higher the impedance and the weaker the magic.

The best staff a mage can have is one made from balsa. The physics of magic has something to do with benefiting from a length of dead plant material as a focus, but circumference, density and rigidity all come into play.

This explains why metal doesn’t work well, it’s too dense. You also don’t do well with a giant sock stuffed full of cotton strands, you lack rigidity. Balsa wood is the perfect combination of rigid and dense and you can get the shape you want. Thinner lets you focus the magic tighter but channels less power. Thicker lets you channel more total power but with exponentially less focus. Most wizards settle for something in the 2-4 inch circumference range for versatility and typically settle for something like chestnut because it’s hard to get a good balsa staff (and the balsa staffs are hard to maintain – if you put a protective coating around it it just becomes part of the equation and ruins the point of using balsa).

Adventuring wizards sometimes use hard wood because on a long trip, the durability of your staff is more important than it’s power level.

In conclusion, soft wood as a conduit has a “reasonable” explanation and makes for some interesting decisions for the wizards: softer wood is better for magic but much easier to damage through routine wear and tear (and useless as anything other than a conduit for magic). Harder wood is less powerful but the durability is handy (and in a pinch you can whack things with it).

So with this soft wood idea, there is no “best” staff. There are tradeoffs.

…

[Page 907 of 1004]

…
If something goes wrong, it’s your staff that breaks, not your mental health, so you can put more energy into your attack, and hit your targets harder.

…
A staff may also store power. So the magic user creates or gathers power either intentionally or automatically and puts that power in the staff, intentionally, automatically, or through action by the staff.

Spells that takes a little bit of kinetic energy from walking are put in the staff over a course of time. Then when in combat, it can release all the stored energy at once. So you are intentionally casting a spell that automatically stores power in an object. A staff is the best object to help with collection, storage, or both.

It would essentially be a battery in this view. Of course, it could still be a focus object as well, at the same time as it was a battery. It doesn’t necessarily have to do just one thing.

12 Likes