People complaining about questing

iv just finished ardenwield and i dunno. Are you guys like high or something? Bastian was a bit meh but maldraxxus and ardenwield have been in a whole other league compared to past wow. Its like ffxiv MSQ levels of story and questing. The have nailed it.

For the first time ever im really enjoying leveling. I have game sounds on reading all the texts etc. Im kinda gutted the story so far will be over

The people complaining about the leveling or questing just what do you want? Because to me this is pretty amazing. And the zones look stunning as well

Shadowlands leveling and artwork is a home run for me.

8 Likes

Maldraxus, Ardenwield and Ravendreth… OMG I love Ravendreth!

Thing is - and this is important people. That while the mandatory Storyline CAN be somewhat Meh (it’s designed to introduce the zones and is only mandatory ONCE), you really have to give it a chance with all the “sidequests”.

Honestly I think people complain about the questing, becuase the way Blizzard does it this time is new, it is different from what we are used to.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed Bastion but Maldraxxus and Ardenweald totally lost me. I think I was just tired though… I did stay up all night at launch and the next day and probably will tonight. But, it totally lost me the rest of the way.

Every zone is basically… we’re getting attacked by stuff and you need to help. They are themed really well though.

As for how linear the story is, I prefer that. We all know it opens up at end game and that we don’t need to do it again on alts if we don’t want to. Doing it in a focused order is good the first time round.

2 Likes

night bae reporting in.
love ardenweald!

Ardenweald gave me shivers at the end.

Plus the moment part way through when I thought “oh… I think I know who this is!” is something we don’t get a lot :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All zones have really enjoyable quests, far more creative than past expansions, that being said… it does get tiring/overwhelming quickly. Found myself taking breaks regularly on my warlock.

Agreed. Questing is awesome!

Each zone has been a lot of fun, something to appreciate with each one.

I really enjoyed being thrown into it (no pun intended), starting with the Maw (would love to go full evil and join them :smiling_imp:). Bastion was stunning, Maldraxxus blew me away (almost enough for me to pick Necrolords, Drakka is awesome), Ardenweald is beautiful and Revendreth was the lovely gothicesque icing on the cake :bat: :black_heart:

In fact, I enjoyed the ride first time so much, that I’ll be questing in the linear fashion again more or less with my Priest. That way I’ll be able to double down on whatever story elements I no doubt missed the first time around :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

So you agree that bastion was meh but made thread how people are stupid to complain? I think you are the one high here

It’s because WOW questing sucks and always sucked.
It’s the same scheme repeated a million times
Kill 8 mobs. Pick up 12 items from ground. Loot 7 items from corpses. Click on inventory item near defeated enemies 9 times. Hoop on a vehicle and 1-hit bunch of target dummies. And this goes on and on and on. In Maldraxxus alone this scheme is repeated 4-5 times.

Shadowlands questing is better in a way that it does provide narrative and cut-scenes amidst this mindless MMO mincing that haven’t changed the formula for the past 15 years.

Ppl complain about the questing? The real annoying experience comes once you are 60, because you will start just do nothing and afk, while moving, flying, delivering come crap, trying to find various grey things on gray ground with a small gray glow. Run there, run back, run there, there,wait for 45s RP talk, run there, run back, you can use a mount this time, hype. Go back to maw,fck, go out, go back to maw, fly back. 90% of your time its not interactive content. Or you can pvp, wait 10-30 mins in que just to get one shot by numerous specs with zero balance touch.
I hope this gets better very fast, because Im starting to understand, why so many ppl here make topics about getting bored, annoyed and burned out.

Wether i like bastion or not (i dont) is not the issue.
The problem i have right now is that every second quest you are waiting for an NPC. Either for them to arrive somewhere or for them to finish a speech.
This breaks any sort of pacing and has me standing around alot.
Even NPC that urge you on to hurry, like the Nipolon dude you see talking to Uther, force you to play at way slower a pace than is reasonable.

i have finished bastion and i am already bored. hope it will improve in the other zones. :pray:t2:

Personally I thought the questing in Ardenwield was the worse of the four, closely followed by Bastion. Bastion was too much RP and click here/there. Ardenwield with the kill loads of them, hit with stick type quests were just awful. The other two were night and day better (imho)

Ardenwield looks beautiful though, you cannot deny that. In fact three of the zones are just fantastic (Bastion is just meh in every way)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.