People defending the boost. Y I K E S

Boost has no place in a classic experience. its a money grab and disgusting. it kills the old world.

IMO it should have been 2 types of servers. Instant 58 and fresh. no transfers between, no keeping old characters old economy, and no god damn boost.

this is so sad. despacito, play country roads.

59 Likes

Imagine attacking boosts while still advocating instant 58. How would you call that exactly if not a boost?

18 Likes

because it gives players an option. fresh would obviously been more popular, however i see people that say they dont care about the old world. fine give them instant 58 servers that noone will play on.

6 Likes

Its the age of monetization.

7 Likes

To be honest mate, who cares?

Like everyone is going to move to Outlands anyway. The old world will be quite dead like it was in the past. Its going to make 0 difference for you wether someone spent X amount of time to get to Outlands or he didnt.

The main thing is to have people joining the expa so we can have population to play with. Imo

8 Likes

tbh mate, i care.

why this modern view of the game? when i play my lvl 45 hunter in classic. IM STILL PLAYING CLASSIC. leveling isnt ment to be skipped. its part of the game.

retail mindset taints this community

31 Likes

That tainted mindset isnt only for wow tho , every single game even irl stuff is tainted with that mindset

2 Likes

Tbh it doesn’t matter at all.
All the relevent content is not boosted, and old world in tbc - well it’s just for loremasters and role players, it serves 0 purpose othervise. As for classic servers - it won’t have a boost, so you still got to level. Same for new races, you can’t boost them.
And it’s only 1 boost/account. Not a big deal.

1 Like

do you even know what tbc changed with regards to <58 xp requirement? you do understand that leveling to 58 is easier in tbc than vanilla?
so while it’s easier and could draw a crowd, you’d still skip it?
you dense?

2 Likes

why do you say that??? Leveling a new character through elwynn forest is irelevant and serves no purpose? Or questing in the X-roads? Your Zoomer mentality of rushing the content and only caring about raids and pvp is whats wrong with this community

34 Likes

hahaha why dense? Do you really need to insult people on a forum that are giving their opinion? jeeeesus.

I just see it simple, I am someone that doesnt have as much time as it did. If I can get a boost to 58 I will play BC if not I wont. I am pretty sure there is A LOT of people in the same situation.

hence I believe this is wonderful news. A lot of people will give it a go and hopefully stay. Which increases the odds of having a nice community.

Plus, they have been very smart with the restrictions. Just 1 Boost. So it feels like “you have you main and you take him”.

I love what they have done. But its ok mate, you can disagree no need to insult anyone. Chill.

4 Likes

To be honest mate, I have 20+ characters levelled up on retail servers over the years. I love leveling I have done plenty of it. Perhaps I have done enough of it.

I want to go and enjoy BC. And I will enjoy my leveling there and my rep grinding and my BC content.

But I have done enough elwynn forest. Personally.

5 Likes

So my account has oldschool account, wow 1, wow 2 and wow 3. im literally able to have FOUR lvl 58 characters if i want. how is that fair to the people leveling right now?

edit: yeah because retail leveling takes so long right? its like 1 day. 20 characters probably equals 1 lvl 60 in current classic

1 Like

Exactly . Finaly somebody said it . Legacy WoW got revived by the people that believe that Legacy (meaning vanilla-TBC-Wotlk) is all about the love of the game . But the Zoomers like you call them took over immediately . And it all became mindless progression just for the progression but with a vintage/nostalgic feel . The #somechanges that we are getting like the new races in the prepatch and the phases are great . But the 58 boost is an abomination . The same kind of abomination some players view classic Naxx as their TBC pre-raid bis farm .
Look at the bright side , at least we are getting Eternal Classic servers and Eternal TBC servers (when wotlk classic becomes a thing 2-3 years from now) and like-minded people will be able to band together

8 Likes

Mate as you can probably imagine those are characters I have levelled up over the years. I had my shaman and my lock on BC, etc.

But thats not the point.

For me the most important thing is to have an active community and I believe this is going to contribute to that. Furthermore, if you enjoy levelling go and enjoy levelling! No one is going to stop you from doing so. I just dont understand why do you want to impose it on other people.

But its ok, different opinions. I am happy with how they have done it. What can I say.

3 Likes

i respect your opinion, but part of the classic hype was to preserve the nostalgic experience. thats not happening now and im pretty bummed out as you can tell. enjoy tbc for me aswell since i wont be there.

3 Likes

I love the need to insult of you guys.

Take a breath, go for a walk. Its ok.

“believe that Legacy (meaning vanilla-TBC-Wotlk) is all about the love of the game”

People were just as as obessed with Gladiator titles and server first as they are now. Sorry I dont by into this “the past was always better” argument.

But its ok, we can agree to disagree.
I love what the have done and fully support it! Take my money!

3 Likes

and blizzard loves customers like you

And I love them back. Its a nice relationship. 20+ years of making great games.

5 Likes

Is there really any difference between paying blizzard for a boost, or paying some mage to boost you through instances?

4 Likes