People will go to FFXIV now for sure!

Go play it then. I like FF but XIV is a really boring game.

The thing about FF games is that each of them is a different setting, different story, no continuity… they just share the name.

Needless to say FFXIV throws a lot of bad light at the series with how trashy it looks with all the “different races” like cat ear girls or bunny ear girls or literal toddler girls :smile:
So people then assume all the FF games are like that - which they’re not.

Can’t wait to play FFVII remastered but I’m not gonna touch this :poop: with a 10ft pole :smirk:

FFXIV is actual utter trash and anyone who plays is more mentally impaired than all the people who whine about the jellyfish quest

I am aware of the lore for each of them,watched those yt all cutscens videos.But the gameplay never sold me.And as for the lore…well it can get a mouth full,lets just say that.Yahtzee made a good video about the ff13 xD
But yea not my thing,when it comes to lore.

Same here, and that Shadowbringers trailer is amazing <3

1 Like

I tried FFXIV and hated it.

If they changed the combat system in ESO then maybe people would go to that game but FF is trash imo lol.

WoW can be literal trash and still better than a dead weeb game like FF.

1 Like

Oh yea combat really get’s clunky/gimpy.Also i had at times problmes with the servers,tought it was on my end.But they polished the server part now.

FFXIV is a weeb game though.

I’ll stick to ESO.

1 Like

Currently in vacation, won’t reach a computer for the next 10d, but spend hours on the PTR trying this very content

If i was playing rn I’d say complete the Nazjatar WQ/ dailies, clean Mechagon, go back to Nazjatar and farm leather for BoE & sell on the AH ?

Missing the best opportunity to make gold rn, shame.

If anything, Mechagon is one of the best outdoor content they ever released and Nazjatar has some pretty cool systems like the benthic Gear and the trader game.

Has OP ever played FFXIV? It’s a boring slog.

I don’t think I will ever try FFXIV, never really liked the artstyle of the game, it’s too cutesy and ‘anime’-like for my taste. Just not appealing to me. And I’m not even sure I would switch to another mmo at all, they take so much time and I have done so much in WoW, don’t wanna leave it all behind. I just take breaks and play other games and come back from time to time.

No good trashing one game or another, people have different tastes, to each their own. Some people can’t put up with the Asian MMO style, fair enough, while others love it.

I switched to FF14 for a while over the last few months, leveled to max and have for the last month not bothered with any MMO’s. Was planning to give 8.2 a try, but from what I’ve been reading, I won’t bother. I have just spent all my remaining WOW gold on game time tokens, ready for Classic, as that will be something I will try and I expect token prices will sky rocket towards the end of August.

I also have pre-purchased Shadowbringers and will be giving that a go. I certainly prefer current FF14 to current WoW, but again, that’s just my taste and opinion.

FF14 is good, till you get to the ARR -> Heavensward transition questline, that one is truly terrible and IMO should not be mandatory as a lot of people will stop playing trying to get through it, but once you survive that, it all gets a lot better and the game becomes interesting in story and fun to play. It’s also not a game you play for PVP, it’s more PVE orientated.

I tried ESO, once when it released, once a couple of month ago, doesn’t agree with me, but plenty of people love it, good for them, let people play something they enjoy.

3 Likes

I think op is trying to bait people into playing ff.He knows it’s trash.

is 8.2 that bad? i only logged on for about 2 hours last night, but i spent all of that time doing archaeology in Highmountain and a random bg. even in highmountain, i had lag for some reason (not my machine, OR my connection, must be blizzard). i presume its to do with patch.

i wont be going to FF14, not my style, but if 8.2 is as bad, or at least lackluster, as some are saying, then i wouldn’t be surprised if more and more people jump ship where ever. not just FF14, but ESO, GW2, other games, other genres in general.

8.2 was meant to save BfA (WoW). is it enough? probably wont be going there till the weekend.

You’re comparing a patch to an expansion launch.

2 Likes

I tried FFXIV once. It was horrible. Worse than ESO, and that’s already pretty bad.

2 Likes

Can we have the downvote button back !

1 Like

Well I bet that this is a troll post but here we go!

1. If you did everything in an hour then you are amazing since it took me the better part of the day completing all quests and finding rares.

2. The content is gated, there is a mega dungeon that has more bosses then an entire patch of a final fantasy raid.

3. Yes, woopdie doo ffxiv is going all out, still after personally playing it for 4 years the content drought is real in that game unless you enjoy doing dungeons or palace of the death over and over and over again to level other jobs.

4. Complaining about lack of content and saying people will enjoy FFXIV more is absurd. It has far less content and when they do add content, its a beast tribe per year which is essentially 3 daily quests. A dungeon, and 4 raid bosses. And an hour or two of main story. And then you will have to wait for 4-8 months again!

5. I will also be playing the FFXIV launch, but I will soon enough be back on WoW. Why? Because WoW has way more content to offer.

2 Likes

FF is a terrible game with cringy characters, bad voice acting and boring combat.

It’s old, looks old, and I don’t like the universe. I personally will never play that trash game. Mad kids just rampaging.

1 Like