• We have PvP vendors, and upgrading the gear is just a bonus for PvE
  • Not forced to complete the campaign
  • Not forced to farm renown
  • No legendary to grind
  • No conduits
  • No Torghast
  • No artifact power

Get to level 70 and PvP. That’s it.
Hell, by the time I got to level 70, I even had enough Honor to buy a full set of gear.

There’s still a lot of number tweaking to do, but so far, Dragonflight is shaping up to be the most PvP-friendly expansion since WoD.

6 Likes

How much honor did you had? Or how much do we need?

I’m only quests and bgs. Only have around 4k honor, I’m LvL 66.

I had about 10k honor when I dinged.

Do skirmishes too! They’re much faster and it’s 90 honor if you win, 35 if you lose.
Also, you gain 2% of experience bar per skirmish, regardless of win or lose.
In comparison, losing a BG only grants 4% XP.

1 Like

But i get more honor even losing in bg, i will definitely try it. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

perfect balance doesnt exist an healthy game is an game with regular updates where ppl cant fotm so quick some things need to be sometimes weaker than others if we look at league for example

the only games what can have a healthy balance are RTS Games

1 Like

Chess. Only difference between opponents there is that one starts first. The advantage of starting first is that you’re always “one move ahead”, but there’s also a different but slightly less valuable advantage to playing on the opposite side which is that you get the advantage of always being able to respond first.

There are insane amounts of skill expressions possible in a game like chess, even though it has way less differences in what players are able to do.

So it’s not impossible for a video game to aim for something like that, but what matters is providing variety for skill expressions and ways to counter in different ways. Mind games between opponents provides the best challenge.

1 Like

Everybody knows that it will never be perfectly balanced. For me though, I feel like more frustrations come from unhealthy and silly mechanics that either go untouched or take far too long to be addressed.

E.g. Craven in SL, Slaughterhouse, Spellwarden, Abom Limb, CDR talents and mechanics, Fodder to the Flame, etc etc etc. Such designs really reduced(s) the skill required to be successful in arenas because they are so mechanically forgiving and easy to use.

BGs require more time though.

2 Likes

That’s right, but i had a lot of fun.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.