Personal Blacklist Addon?

This
Different people have different standards.

It you don’t share the list in-game, and copy it from discord, why would it be against t.o.s.? It simply can’t be

Exactly!

As people have said as long as it’s a private list and is NOT shared between users of the addon’s it’s not so bad but I can see how it will make some people lives’ even harder as some will end up with 10000,s of people on their lists for pointless reasons.

So as long as it,s not a shared database I guess that’s why it doesnt break the Social Contract. :slight_smile:

This was the answer I was looking for. :slight_smile:

Fair point, discord is out of Blizzard jurisdiction.

Otherwise people are just as likely to end up in a shared blacklist for bricking keys & leaving as well as for pointing out something that someone else does not take well (Something like: Did you assumed my scale color?!?!).

You just add people you don’t want to play with personally. It’s a nice addon. If some player annoyed for whatever reason you just keep him flagged for yourself.

It’s a personal choice of every player who they want to group with. It’s a game not a job.

1 Like

I don’t see it as being problematic even if you shared it, in the sense that I don’t see it actually working on a larger scale, so ToS/SC rules don’t really need to be studied. Are you really going to trust that Stranger A is some species of bad player because Stranger B said so?

Related: Please ban this Sanguino Griefer / Troll purpose Depleters - #5 by Yeetheart-ravencrest, last paragraph.

1 Like

The choice on what to do is the player’s. You wouldn’t block the person, someone else might. I don’t see the problem. I also don’t see the problem if someone decided to block me from playing with them.

I have played this game for a very long time and I have never gotten to know someone before blacklisting them. I mean if I don’t like a person or how they act in groups getting to know them won’t change anything.

The list is 100% accurate for the person who made it. Healer died 6 times, left and didn’t respond then asked why they left? Not a player I’d like to play with again, not because of leaving or hugging the floor several times, but because they refuse to communicate. The addon doesn’t interact with the social contract at all. The contract is about how you treat people in game (aka you aren’t allowed to bully, harass, call names, be rude etc). However we are free to choose who we don’t want to play with regardless of how our list is maintained (addon, pen&paper, excel spreadsheet, memory etc).

I honestly don’t see picking who you play with any different to picking who you spend your time with irl.

1 Like

Just heard about this im gonna start using this because using personal note on mrt with a list of players is a chore using this addon will be easy.

Dont want to be on list? Play good, dont be an nob. Dont leave

Not sure why you would need an addon /ignore does it for you anyway unless you need a list so long that it wont fit into what blizzards quota allows. If that be the case then happily go blacklisting till you its only yourself you can play with. Because that is what you will end up with. And if that is what you want then you should question whether the game is for you.

2 Likes

That addon is a great solution to avoid issues in the future.

I’ve got my 20 ruined on my launch break so I’m resorting back to this addon. I don’t even remember why I got rid of it in the first place…

What you need is an AddOn that blocks people who have the Blacklist AddOn. Call it the BlacklistBlacklist.

well how’s about this for a novel idea… maybe 20,s are NOT designed to be puggable there is obviously a limit on how high an un-coordinated group can go with keys, Same way you don’t see many groups doing Cutting Edge mythic achievements in the raid do you ?

LOL

1 Like

It needs to be somewhat monitored and controlled so that the list is actually valid and “just”. When somebody adds a “John Smith” to the list he should be there for a real reason.

When you say returning to “roots” meaning back to Vanilla-TBC where server reputation matters. Well(fortunately) there are also few stories about people being held hostage like a lad who was a tank for a toxic guild and decided to obviously leave. The guild threatened him that they will spread stories that he was a ninja, toxic person, who ruined every raid…if he left. And back then…it was your word vs a whole guild’s word. Take a guess who would win?

Same possible story here. WIll people get “blacklisted” for having not bis trinkets? Weird transmog? Beeing rude because he said “Hi” instead of “Hello!”? Perhaps playing the “wrong” class on specific affix?

I don’t really trust the judgement of most self absorbed people here.

Aggrieved party: “Waa he left my key for no reason”
What really happened: Person crying did less dps than the healer, didn’t clear thundering 3 times resulting in deaths, ran sideways into 2 packs, pulling them, ate multiple avoidable mechanics and then typed “healer?” in chat while not releasing.

1 Like

Current 20 are SL’s 15 which were puggable. Of course I don’t expect to pug a 25 and that’s why I simply don’t run keys above 20 or 21

No. Current 20’s are SL 23’s more or less. You have it completely wrong.

Doesn’t the ignore function already work as a personal blacklist? Players you have on ignore wont see your keys in the premade finder. And you wont see their either

If someone else invite you, You get a warning pop up saying a player you have on ignore is in this group.

I have to agree with this because the top people in the world have only done 25-26 currently.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.