Pet Delights, positivity thread #2

Overall, it looks pretty good. I’d only argue that the plate collar is a bit off due to the color, but the tabard color somewhat makes up for it. The yellow glow on the belt is also a bit standoffish, but the rest of it fits quite well.

Overall, I’d give it a solid 8/10.

Unfortunately the best colour available, and no other sets offer a neck guard at all.

True, but it has the right round shape, and I do not know what is better.

Great news! We got The Unshackled emissary today!

2 Likes

I’ve been really getting into running games of Pathfinder lately. I really like it and the party I’m running things for now are a delight to DM for.

I’ve even convinced one or two players to DM the odd session so I get to play on the odd occasion too. It has been a long time since I’ve been able to play!

3 Likes

I saw some people at today’s grappling class who I thought were done with the hobby, was really happy to see them again. Hopefully we’ll all stay in love with the peacefully violent sport :slight_smile:

Me and my wife have been looking at houses in the local area so we can finally move out of our crappy second floor flat. The ones we’ve seen have been pretty atrocious but we just saw one that needs a lot of work doing to it, but we could totally look at the space and see ourselves there and all the things we could do.

So that’s pretty great, assuming we get it.

11 Likes

I just got the final results for my degree today, and found out I got a 2:1 <33

AND ITS MY BIRTHDAY

even tho my fam won’t celebrate either with me, I’m p much the most happy I’ve been in a long long time :smiley:

8 Likes

Congratulations and happy birthday! :heart:

1 Like

Happy birthday!

2 Likes

Congratz, boi.

2 Likes

I started a playthrough of Tyranny that it looks like I’m going to stick with. When I bought the game I really liked it but ended up abandoning my playthrough after getting absolutely swamped in university work.

Playing it now and really, really liking it.

2 Likes

Just a warning - it ends just as the story seems is setting up a major confrontation that feels like it was going to be another act/expansion/sequel that seems unlikely to happen given it sold… poorly.

Which is a pity as it’s Black Company ‘make the best of a crap world’ vibe was very my thing.

1 Like

I came across an artist doing a $60 summer sale thing where if you buy one portrait, you get another one for free. I managed to snatch up the last slot of the promotion and they’re going to start working next week :weary:

Here’s an example of their previous work

https://www.deviantart.com/shasmy/art/Nicoletta-Fieri-749024075

Going to post the finished results into the :point_right: arts thread

3 Likes

Good god that is some beautiful art.

I have my first commission ever coming up next month and I’m super pumped.

1 Like

Honestly I thought it was too good to be true, but I had to DM them to check and they said I was lucky to be the last one to get a slot.

I can’t wait to see it, friend. I have a previous commission of my orc still in the works which was put on hold for a while because the artist was very ill, but they’re finally getting around to working on it. A lot of art coming up at once!

What are their normal rates?

Yeah I’m so hype. I haven’t seen much in the way of Tauren art, and the artist hasn’t really done any themselves but they were really enthusiastic at the prospect of doing it.

Their deviantart is kind of out of date but on artistsnclients the going rate for their other offers was in the ballpark of 80 USD.

Who are you commissioning?

1 Like

Some of their pieces are incredible which is what drew me to them along with the art style. Was recommended to me by Acrona/Manata.

Example of their Tauren style below:

It’s only a rough sketch and not a full portrait, but I liked the kind of playful style of it and thought it would match up well with Akamito.

1 Like

Oh, I know Kaiyela! I just didn’t know they were open, they were my first choice originally too :frowning:

Really looking forward to how that tauren turns out, that sketchy style is super snazzy.

1 Like

Yeah it was a long waiting list. I basically camped out their tumblr page refreshing every few hours to see when slots came open and immediately emailed when they did. Luckily I managed to snag a couple of slots in the middle of August.

I’d already asked before if they were open to doing a Tauren piece and they were enthusiastic so happy days.

1 Like