Pet Delights, positivity thread #2

The virgin orcish berserker vs the Chad mortem inimicus

I am happy that I am finally free of the chains to the earth, and flight is within my grasp once more!

Also excited that I got my second art-piece on the way for this character, and it is looking very promising :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When pet battles grant a considerable edge for early flying and rep and all the people who make fun of wow pet battles come crawling to the cross to borrow the pets they need to get flying.

WHO IS LAUGHING NOW LANDWALKER?!

1 Like

I got flying two days ago and I will forever laugh and make fun of pet battles regardless. It’s a good thing I had a lot of tokens to buy the stones to level my pets to 25 and upgrade them to rare quality. I mean you can do most pet battles in Mechagon and Nazjatar with Ikky and the Unborn Val’kyr, so even for people that don’t care or don’t have any experience with pet battles, it wont be that hard.

To be fair, what delights me even more is the people complaining about 8.2. Waaah game is too hard waaah daily grind waaahh timegating. Mechagon is one of the best small zones/daily hubs Blizzard created, and is on par with the Molten Front from Cataclysm and Isle of Thunder back in MoP. Nazjatar isn’t -that- amazing as Mechagon content wise, as the rares are a pain to get to, seem to have a longer spawn timer and feel less rewarding, but its still a good zone.

1 Like

Hear hear. Mechagon is a nice zone. It’s small whilst having plenty to do, and there’s plenty of nice things to happen upon by just milling about exploring the island.

I don’t mind naz so much honestly. I don’t like it to the same degree but I apparently don’t find it to be the pit of infernal torment some do.

In my mind it’s that “gotta go fast” mindset that serves to fuel people’s dissatisfaction. You’re told “flying can be yours!” this patch, so all people see is the reputation bar and everything in the zones is an obstacle to raising the bar. If there wasn’t this background motivation of getting flying ASAP, whilst I don’t think the whinging would cease, I imagine it wouldn’t be nearly as bad.

1 Like

Bit delayed; I got flying yesterday

1 Like

Nah, just making an observation.

A 2-in-1:

Delight: Got a great idea for a character I want to play real bad, and makes me want to actually level a toon.

Peeve: I got no time to rp any more characters ;_;

Closer and closer to ding the reputation with the fish guys
After that?
So long Nazjatar, you horrible, horrible hellhole

Cheap, tasty veggie burgers.
And they’re getting increasingly common.

1 Like

I saw INVSN last night, opening for Le Butcherettes. They absolutely killed it. If I wasn’t stuck at work till midnight I’d go and see tonight’s show as well.

The temperature is great, and there is no sunlight due to clouds, so that’s even better. It has finally begun cooling down in my home because it’s really hard to get the heat out. And working night shifts during these cool temperatures is :ok_hand:

2 Likes

The questline for the Child of Torcali. Questlines that develop a Loa’s domain in general! I heard the one with Kua’fon was nice as well to develop Pa’ku, but I did not had the luck to get that egg yet.

1 Like

And If people thought Horridon was big? Boi o boi, Torcali is even BIGGER than Horridon! MAH GAD!

To be fair, Horridon is just a big direhorn not a loa! :stuck_out_tongue:

And while I’m at it; BfA took a lot of critics (and let’s be honest, most are deserved) but there’s one thing I sincerely appreciate is the effort on worldbuilding.
Could it be better? Sure! But we’re going from the Amani/Drakkari Loa who had for sole characteristic “It’s a lynx/bear/dragonhawk/eagle” (Even Har’koa, no matter how much I love her) to Zandalar with their many titles, dedicated domain, etc. I find that great.

Pa’ku, “Lord of Winds, Queen of the skies, Matron of the sea”, patron of both the fliers and seafarers.
Gonk, “The Great Hunter, Lord of the Pack, Loa of the Hunt, Master of Shapes, Packstrider”, given the importance given to the pack, you can suppose him to be also patron of family (be it blood or coven).
Jani, " Patron of Scavengers, the Lord of Thieves, the God of Garbage, Master of Minions, the Keeper of Secrets" the loa of discarded things, who doesn’t love him?
Torcali, “Loa of Wanderers, The Great Mother, The Moving Mountain, The Wandering Bulwark”, patron of both travellers and harvest.
Akunda, Gral, Kimbu, they all are more developped even if they only appears in minor sidequests. We’re a long way from Halazzi “he deal with lynxes somehow, we guess?”.

4 Likes

Met Sindri tonight.

Didn’t talk back cause I was too tired but it was a delight to meet the best person on the forums.

3 Likes

Made a new RP muse for Tumblr and it’s all been so fun so far with lots of support and people enjoying the character already <3

Got Kor’kron Dark Shaman set last night. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow… Congratulations!

2 Likes

I saw him yesterday pop-up in my chatbox. Though I don’t know if it was Zuldazar or Orgrimmar. I noticed it way too late. But I was delighted!

2 Likes