Pet Delights, positivity thread #2

I got to do mythic Islands with COLDSHADE!
I look forward to COLDSHADE doing mythic dungeons with me!
stares intently at Coldshade

1 Like

I’m enjoying the thinning of the female Miqo’te population, letting there be more parity with the males. It’s a win win for everyone really, the worst of the catgirls are now playing bunnies, which can be avoided if you wish.

Alas the enduring problem of female Au Ra or well, Au Ra in general remains. My crusade to purge Omega of the scaled menace continues. While I have enjoyed 9/10 RP interactions in the game so far. I have yet to enjoy Au Ra roleplayers at all. Truly they are the Night Elf/Forsaken race of the game, attracting the worst of the worst to them for some inexplicable reason.

It’s not a great achievement to outnumber the two least popular races in the game, but most Hrothgar I’ve seen have been pleasant folk, the majority of which are not screeching furries (which also seem drawn to Au Ra for some reason).

On an (even more) positive note I have thoroughly enjoyed the story of Heavensward so far although I believe I am very close to Stormblood now, with all the talk of revolution and liberation.

1 Like

Honestly, why would you be mad for an overtime completion of a +11? Loot caps out at +10 anyway.

I would really like to give FFXIV and it’s RP scene a go, but I just need something more non-human on offer.

The dungeons above +10 have a chance to give you extra loot and overtime dungeons apparently look bad on the raider.io profile. Some pugs do care about that a lot.

Yo how does a person get started in FFXIV. I hear the early game is absolute trash to get through.

You are in luck! The hrothgarr have just gone live;

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Hrothgar

only until level 30, most classes open up then. Do have to remember to keep up with your class quests though.

If that is true, that is the single biggest reason why raider io is bad.

Like wow. No wonder people quit like crazy when timers expire… And I who just wanted a +10 completion regardless of timer. Ugh.

1 Like

The Witcher 1’s soundtrack. It’s a really nice change of pace in comparison to modern soundtracks, like The Witcher 3’s.

Somehow ambient calmness in the background feels much more satisfying than the rather loud and supposedly ‘epic’ tracks from the famous sequel.

Somehow, I say somehow.
I met someone friendly on League. Ended up talking with this person until 5AM.
Faith in humanity restored.

2 Likes

On my alliance, I would be happy to even get a +5 done. I got low standards…

I’ve rekindled teenage memories by recently rewatching the ‘modern’ Doctor Who series.

The roast battle between the Cult of Skaro Daleks and the Cybermen remains a highlight.

1 Like

Hrothgar are the first non-human race in the game. They’re plantigrade still but that’s largely because they transfer class animations between races and they do a lot more fully modelled gear than WoW does. They look fantastic! (Esp with a HD hair and HD fur mod)

There’s a free trial you can play, as many classes as you like up to lv35 or so. After that you can buy the complete collection for the price of a typical game which includes 30 days sub, there’s a budget sub option for one character per server which I have, since one character can be every class alts are literally pointless for gameplay.

The base game called A Realm Reborn is rough. It’s structured like you’ve never played an MMO before in the beginning and the story is mediocre. But after getting into the first expansion at lv50 or so it picks up massively in both gameplay and story. ARR mostly suffered because the devs were trying to find their footing after remaking the entire game after the disastrous 1.0. Which was do bad they fired the old team and hired a new one.

I recommend looking into what realms have “preferred realm” status, as these have double XP up to lv70(!!!) for 90 days(!!!) from character creation. And this works across multiple classes, with alt classes having double XP up to the highest level class you have (with the Road to 70 buff that’s 4x XP which is nuts!). But for your main class this means you’ll never hit a level hurdles during the main story quests and you’ll never have to touch side quests. Most people with the buff end up at like 55 before getting to Heavensward. I myself abused the heck out of it to power level alt classes.

Alternatively if you find the base game story is draining your life force you can buy a story skip which only jumps past A Realm Reborn and drops you at Heavensward start. A lot of people hate the idea of doing this but tbh ARR is super forgettable, you can just look up a summary for the important stuff.

A story skip past just ARR and a level boost to 70 is significantly cheaper than a WoW boost too, lol. The only downside is you’d also miss most of your class story but frankly only Dark Knight is actually good imo.

Finally satisfied with my transmog outfit.

2 Likes

That this exists. The writing combined with Damian Lewis’s acting is so damn good.

I’m happy. It’s a good feeling.

2 Likes

Finally, FINALLY, reached the 50th rank, and unlocked Thal’kiel’s tint I wanted since Legion
Skull Bro’ is now flaming blue!

4 Likes

Gz mate. Enjoy it!

I love RPing my old priestess.

She is such a bottomlessly nice and patient person, and while it may be seen as something of a cliché to some, it never fails to make me smile to play her. Especially when people suspect her for various reasons, but she always plays it straight.

6 Likes

I finally caught an Unborn Valkyr after the first 3 I found suicided rather than be tamed.

Since then, pretty much all the legendary pets in Naz and Mecha have been my beeches.

Also I found a reddit post about how there are loads of hidden runelocked chests and an associated achievement. I think I will do that tomorrow.

1 Like