Pet Peeve #INFINITY - Thanos gonna cry

Yeah, as a vanilla vet that irks me as well. vanilla was awesome, but if you looked at it, side by side with what we have now sans the novelty factor then there’s really no comparison.

I just think of all those threads where people moan about bfa levelling and how as you near 120 you become pathetically weak and can die if you get even one or two adds, and needing to heal every other mob. Yeah, that was vanilla, except the downtime between mobs would probably be larger on occasion and you’d have no chance of soloing any kind of elite unless you were a tank or healer spec.

Throw in gear doing very little to enhance your performance as well (that’s for endgame folks only) and yes, it was novel and fun at the time (the alternative mmos were even slower paced) but there were plenty of frustrating parts. Mechanically the game was poorer.

Socially is different altogether, but from my point of view there’s nothing that could stop those kinds of groups forming again if that many like minded players preferred that method of grouping etc. Everything seemed vastly more social then because players were being forced to be, but even then you had plenty of situations which hinged on that social element and it didn’t fly because of a few individuals or such. At least with group finder if you have a drama queen and boot them you can replace them quickly. Players knowing they’re not undisposable tends to shape up their behaviour a little

In vanilla you’d have tanks and healers in dungeons occasionally taking liberties with their attitude and behaviour (letting people die to punish them) and you could boot them, but good luck finding a replacement who can get to where you are in the dungeon within reasonable time.

Last night, I had such a head-splitting headache, that I am actually shocked that I survived to the morning. I did have a series of crazy dreams for my troubles though, and I woke up feeling like a million bucks. Though I still have a headache, but I think that has to do more with me bumping my head yesterday, and slept from 11PM to a whopping 11:30 AM. But at least I am not dying and feeling cranky over it at the moment.

Randomly picked out quote to talk about a Zandalari related peeve: I decided to install the PTR to look at the two races. Overall I’d say they look quite alright, the Kul’tirans could use a few more face options, and for some reason the camera was looking at the Zandy Troll’s chest when I was customizing the head area.

But the thing that REALLY bugs me about the Zandalari Trolls, is their running animation. It just looks… Well, see for yourself: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/501165104809771020/535221421379420170/unknown.png

Note the weird running posture, how his torso is stretched out forward, and how the legs fly off backwards when running. Admitively you can’t really see it on a screenshot, but when in motion it really did look a bit weird, and it made me wonder how can someone hold such a balance in their body to not fall over

Ah yes. A perfect case of “I want to be a hulking man-giant because gigantism equals strongness, but I don’t want to play an obese character for that”, and nothing says “Quality” like playing a growth-pot chugging dude, and denying that you’d be a Kul’tiran for it (Although regular-human Kul’tirans are still small, only the chubby ones are actively larger).

It wouldn’t be so bad if these people were willing to just admit that growth pots are just steroids and they’re actively abusing it, and if they stopped using it they would be very weak unless kicking the withdrawal stage, or if they keep using it, it would screw up their insides.

But no, no one dares to go that far, they’re just using it because “I’M BIIIIIIIIIG!”

1 Like

Current peeve is having like eight 120s and having to do it all again.

It’d be a nice change of pace to see someone who’s actually RPing someone who takes growth pots/is a growth pot addict vs ppl who just use them bcus they’re tall ic :^)

1 was too many for me.
I didn’t mind leveling in Legion too much, but it feels a bit empty gameplay wise on BfA.

1 Like

I use GG pots on two characters :thinking: Not for power mind you. Wasn’t about that since I started using them back in the day. My characters I use them on aren’t ‘tall’ cause I mean… GG pots make you scale huge as opposed to just adding height - If you want height use Darkmoon Firewater from DMF. However, due to evolution of my characters via backstories and plots etc, two of my gals are just huge.

I dislike fighting so can’t use the power argument there.

Legion helped with the Invasions. If you did not feel like doing the four zones all over again on your sixth alt (in my case after the first I was already done, but you know), you could wait for the invasion and get almost one level in eh, half an hour of your time. If you have flying, it’s a nice and fast way to do it.
BfA invasions doesn’t really allows that. I have two 120 now, and no idea when I’ll have the willpower to level up another.

3 Likes

Why is that? Because of lack of flying or because they don’t award as much exp?

Not as much XP. Instead they gives a 1h XP buff, which is better than nothing but not enough in my opinion. (1h goes very fast, between the flight point and other displacement.)

Now that I’ve played through Kul Tiras twice, I’ve come to the conclusion that I quite enjoy the main story in each zone (although the side stuff in Stormsong is quite boring at times). There’s a certain amount of replay value, at least.

My Witch Doctor sells growth potions IC as Krag’wa mojo to make you hench

1 Like

My goblin character often cracks jokes about how he would be filthy rich if he would have broken into that industry instead of becoming a hired gun. It’s quite fun to see their reactions!

The main storylines are solid and no complaints there.

My main complaint with the zones is that the Stormsong achievement is actually 50% sidequests. It’s just obvious filler.

1 Like

10% what the hell. Typical for current Blizzard to take something that worked from Legion and nerf the best part of it for BfA.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s true. I like the Quillboar stuff, but beside that I’m not particularly interested. It does feel like a throwback to classic WoW and parts of MoP, which is quite nice though.

Your goblin and my troll should partner up. The Witch Doctor’s brewing knowledge and the goblin’s entrepreneurship… :handshake:

I know, right? On one hand, it’s better than nothing at all. On the other, sometimes I feel like it’s barely worth doing the invasions for that.

I mainly do them for the rep they give. The exp is nice, but nowhere along the lines of legions “an assault is up, let’s get there pronto”. Doing the assaults in bfa is a fine way to get some frontload for your war campaign rep. Also for a levelling char, the AP they give is pretty good, where it is a reward. The quests are often so easy (due to the volume of players doing them) that even though the individual quest exp isn’t fantastic, the time taken/exp gained is alright.

I mean, not that’s it is super important that your alts have the campaign fully done, I guess I just like to have each of them having done it fully just in case later content insists on it. I would hate to have to go back and grind it in a few patches if it turns out the war campaign competition is needed for access to nazjatar for example.

Sounds good :handshake:

The bug that leaves mount NPCs behind (Bike chauffeurs and grummle tents everywhere)

1 Like