Pet Peeve: The Undying

Also I’m still in the middle of reading ‘Before the Storm’. It’s not the worst piece of garbage I’ve ever read. Just stumbled on this line though;

Sylvanas smiled. “Perhaps one day soon, ‘all of us’ will mean ‘Horde’. In the meantime, I put the interests and welfare before the Alliance who destroyed Taurajo. I suggest all of you do as well.”

Looks like Sylvanas follows forum gossip just as much as we do.

4 Likes

Fellas, do you put artichoke on the pizza before or after it’s been in the oven?

No. No? What? No! Excuse you?

what the h*ck

that’s as bad as pineapple on pizza.

don’t @ me, its trufacs.

1 Like

Do reported posts get automatically hidden now? I’ve not used the new forums much.

Try a Ninja Turtle pizza at some point.

don’t knock it until you try it fellas

I was once like you, but my eyes are open now

When they get reported X amount of times they get hidden (though you can still clicky to make 'em visible) and eventually a coinflip will happen on whether or not it actually gets deleted.

1 Like

Your soul is truly lost. Trust me, I’m a warlock.

peeve; the sheer number of profiles that have “english isn’t first language, sorry for mistakes”. I’ll bet a solid 9/10 players don’t really give a monkies about the state of your english providing it makes -some- form of sense and folk can get the general idea of it.

what -really- bothers me with this is when they say they’re bad at english or whatever but wind up writing better than most native speakers. like, are you just trying to flatter yourself?

Not… really? It’s a way to say “Hey I’m sorry if I’m making a mistake that sting at your native-english eyes; also please tell me if I’m making said mistakes that way I can stop doing them”. (More or less what is written in the TRP so.)

4 Likes

Well, not really. I used to have it in my TRP years ago because I was really scared of being judged.

The thing with natives and us is that we’re learning every single, least important bit of it, whereas native speakers just use it as they always do. They can actually use it but like everywhere else in the world, their grammar/language doesn’t have to be as “developed” because they don’t have the need for it - It may sound odd, but unless well-versed and educated, majority of people can’t be bothered to learn their own language properly.

3 Likes

Personally, I’m extra self conscious of my mistakes. Especially when foolishly mixing up the American and the proper way to spell things. School taught British style, and it stuck with me as being correct but media is overwhelmingly American.

Consistent failures to spell something right is just embarrassing at this point but it might be less so to a native speaker.

Peeve:

People who use “not a native speaker” or “dyslexia” as a shield to never have to bother to learn. The latter in particular giving dyslexics a bad name when they really aren’t and are just chronically CBA people.

2 Likes

also

i’m a confirmed dyslectic

2 Likes

Well, try not to be one. Geez!

No, I kid. ^^

I have to ask; what the hell is happening to your avatar?!

yea

the h*ck

It’s my staff (the PvP destruction artifact skin), and it’s so big that it covers my face. ^^

Jessicka is flexing on us with the size of her staff!